X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bailiff
    • Sep 2006

The Buck stops here

Great day for the Rangers. The overpriced manager is gone. Maybe the winning will start now.
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.
  • The Toy Cannon
    • Sep 2006

Well, I guess this means we're going to win the World Series next year.

Comment

• SDL
      Who the hell is Stan Papi
      • Sep 2006

And the Don Wakamatsu era begins...

Be thankful it ain't Girardi
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• EvanAparra
        Team Veteran
        • Mar 2006

I say bring in Sadahiro Oh.... or however you spell his first name.

Comment

• bailiff
          • Sep 2006

Firing Buck, means the Rangers are one step closer to being able to resign Teix. Teix and Young (as the year went on) were more vocally critical of Buck. I am glad he's gone. I've heard Wakamatsu, Rudy, Demarlo Hale and Pinella's name being mentioned.

Comment

• SDL
            Who the hell is Stan Papi
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bailiff
            Firing Buck, means the Rangers are one step closer to being able to resign Teix. Teix and Young (as the year went on) were more vocally critical of Buck. I am glad he's gone. I've heard Wakamatsu, Rudy, Demarlo Hale and Pinella's name being mentioned.
            If you guys do not hire Wakamatsu, I would give DeMarlo Hale a long look. I've seen him manage in the minors and he did well with talent that wasn't that great. I know the BoSox had interviewed him before they hired Francona; no doubt he may get interviewed by the Cubs as well. If you guys can...grab him!
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• The Toy Cannon
              • Sep 2006

I wouldn't want Rudy(I'd like his efforts focused and concise), but Hale or Wakamatsu would be fine by me.

To be honest, I wish they had kept Orel around, and given him the job now. For some reason, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of support for him in the front office.

Comment

• bailiff
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by The Toy Cannon
                I wouldn't want Rudy(I'd like his efforts focused and concise), but Hale or Wakamatsu would be fine by me.

To be honest, I wish they had kept Orel around, and given him the job now. For some reason, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of support for him in the front office.

I totally agree with everything you said. Rudy is a good hitting coach, the players like him, but he's not a true manager. Hale has lot's of connections with the Rangers. His name is being mentioned with lots of teams. From my source (friend) in the Rangers, Orel bonded well with the pitchers, but he and Buck were a no go together.

I don't think he will get a shot, but I am told that Joey Cora is very high on peoples lists to be a future manager.

Comment

• Seattle1
                  Mariners
                  • Jun 2006

Who will the Rangers get to manage for them next season? Lou Piniella?

Comment

• KCGHOST
                    • Dec 2003

The old saying is that the two best managers in a club's history are the last one and the next one. It is never the guy you have.
                    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

• Fuzzy Bear
                      Say Hey!
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Seattle1
                      Who will the Rangers get to manage for them next season? Lou Piniella?
                      There's pressure to win, and win now, so Pinella may get it. He's my pick to get the job.
                      "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X