Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Chipper to the AL?

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan
    I think we've established that now. We've moved on to trying to speculate how JS will convince Andruw Jones to waive his no-trade clause so that we can get something more for him than draft picks.
    Why does your sig say "Keep Andruw Jones in Atlanta?" When it would be much better to trade him for the highest bidder. I wonder how much Pittsburgh would offer for Andruw. Would they offer Bay or Duke? I kinda think it would be better to trade him before the season because Andruw could get injured or slump in the earlier months of the season and hurt his trade value.
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Quote Originally Posted by AznInvasion
    Why does your sig say "Keep Andruw Jones in Atlanta?" When it would be much better to trade him for the highest bidder. I wonder how much Pittsburgh would offer for Andruw. Would they offer Bay or Duke? I kinda think it would be better to trade him before the season because Andruw could get injured or slump in the earlier months of the season and hurt his trade value.
    I was upset at the time. I probably should take that out, and I will.

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan
    I think we've established that now. We've moved on to trying to speculate how JS will convince Andruw Jones to waive his no-trade clause so that we can get something more for him than draft picks.
    Schuerholz would have to actually offer arbitration for us to get draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by bravediehard33
    sorry, but if you think that will happen, you need to get your head examined. Chipper Jones will never leave the Braves, and he has said that on multiple occasions.
    You dont know that. At the end of his career if he wants to play one more season and the Braves dont want to pay him anymore, he could go elsewhere as many have done before him.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanAparra
    You dont know that. At the end of his career if he wants to play one more season and the Braves dont want to pay him anymore, he could go elsewhere as many have done before him.
    True, even Dale Murphy said he wouldn't re-sign with Atlanta in 1991, so the Braves had to trade him away for peanuts.

But the impression I get from Chipper is that if he wants to restructure his contract to help the Braves get better, he cares about the team. The ultimate test is this: For a new contract, will he take more money from some other team and have them look like idiots because he will get injured? Or will he stay in Atlanta for less money than $13,666,667?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12