Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LOOKING FOR DATA? Before asking your question, go here first. CHANCES ARE IT IS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
    Is there anyway to access pitch break and velocity data from past games (this year) like how MLB gameday online has featured during games? You can go back and look at past MLB gameday coverage, but it doesn't show each pitch's details.

Edit: Never mind, stumbled across this looking for something else, for those who are interested.:
    http://webusers.npl.uiuc.edu/~a-nathan/pob/tracking.htm
    Here is another good resource for the PITCHf/x system analysis

http://baseball.bornbybits.com/plots/players.html

I know THT has Win Share info on players starting from a few years ago, but does anyone have the Win Share info on players that have been retired at least 5 years and back??
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Thanks! I always forget about baseball-almanac and head straight to baseball-reference. I guess career leaderboards aren't available as "Research into cumulative balk records is still ongoing and data is still too incomplete to make a proper selection"

Hopefully someday that list is out there...

Reached Base on Error

I just was made aware of this, and I figured that someone else out there might also like to know:

Baseball-Reference has Reached Base On Error (ROE) data on its player and team hitting splits pages.

If you want all players on a team listed in an easy to copy'n'paste fashion via the team splits pages, you have to subscribe to the site. But that's probably worth doing anyway.
    -Justin

Thank you, T.T., for the OPS reference. It was nothing short of brilliant.

But I'm still wondering if there's a source for team data which shows, at the minimum, the number of times a team scored over 3 runs in an inning -- or 4 runs, or 5 runs, something to indicate how many big innings they put together during the course of a season. Ideally, this tabulation would show how many single-run innings there were, how many with 2, how many with 3, etc.

Elias ID to Lahman ID Map

Does anyone know of, or has anyone constructed a map of Elias ID's to Lahman Id's? I am using 2004 seasons forward.

Michael:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi...07&team_id=ANY

That's for all teams. You can select the drop-down to do one at a time.

Elias ID? Where is the data for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Tiger View Post
    Elias ID? Where is the data for that?
    MLB uses the Elias ID.

For example, Miguel Tejada's ID is 123173.

http://gd2.mlb.com/components/game/m..._1/players.xml

Correct, Elias is the ID mapping system used by the MLB. So I have data from MLB and other sources and I need to map player ID's (Elias to Lahman or Retro) to take advantage of all data sets. Any guidance on how to best do this would be appreciated.

Anyone know where to find career BABIP leaders (individual/batters)?

I know fan graph has leaders for single season, not finding it elsewhere ... tia

its probably a B-R subscription, which I probably should have but do not
    Last edited by wynams; 10-25-2007 at 06:25 AM.

I think Joe Adler may have posted it on the baseball-databank Yahoo group. If not, join there, and post the question there.

I definitely need to be doing this, as I've got data sources that need to be mapped.

See an earlier SABRMatt rant on the subject.

Ah yes...my famous "call for standardization"

I have 9 distinct sources of baseball data and none of them match. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoston View Post
    Correct, Elias is the ID mapping system used by the MLB. So I have data from MLB and other sources and I need to map player ID's (Elias to Lahman or Retro) to take advantage of all data sets. Any guidance on how to best do this would be appreciated.
    I have posted what Elias to Lahman ID mapping I have done here:
    http://mikefast.googlepages.com/elias_to_lahman.csv

These are all the players that appeared on a major league roster in 2007. Those who haven't appeared in a major league have not been assigned a Lahman ID, so I left those blank. For those who debuted in 2007, I used their BB-Ref ID and assumed it would be equivalent to their Lahman ID when that update is published in spring. In 99.9% of cases, this assumption should be correct.

Ballpark factors

Anybody have any good suggestions (paid or free) resources (online) that have detailed park factor analysis?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm looking for a list/database of free agent filings and resulting contracts for the past thirty years. I found some awkward data up to 2001 here (http://roadsidephotos.sabr.org/baseb...rosheetfas.txt), and individual year information back to 2003 from espn, but was looking for a better source.

Thanks!

Join the Yahoo group: BBTransactions
    and see if that gets you some of what you need.

For everyone's information, the weather data I've been attempting to acquire from the Weather Underground has been compiled. I'm awaiting completion of my new computer and moving to Stony Brook in the next week, but once I get a free moment, my first objective will be to pair it down to the significant hours, convert it to game averages and insert it into the gamelog database in retrosheet acceptible format for mass distribution to the research crowd.

That will be available as soon as possible.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast