Thread: New Colors

New Colors

Has anybody seen or heard of a release date for the new colored jerseys or hats??
    "Don't worry... just roll with the pitches."

Blog Entries
    I have emailed my 'connection' to see if they have any previews on the new colors...

Where did you hear of this news?
    BELIEVE

Here are a few of the logos, one of which they may use:

Looks like they're high on red and black, that may be the colors.

Cristobal

Here's also a link confirming my previous statement about the red and black:

http://phoenix.about.com/b/a/257347.htm
    Cristobal

Quote Originally Posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
    Here are a few of the logos, one of which they may use:

Looks like they're high on red and black, that may be the colors.

Red and black the colors of the highschool I went to. I was never a fan of the purple.

Seems like a lot of teams have turned to a traditional color scheme. I like the purple and turqois. Don't see many/any other major league teams with that scheme. Padrres got away from the yellow and brown. Orioles and Astros got away from orange. Pirates got away from the yellow as dominent color and I'm sure I've missed some.
    what with those futuristic uni's they had played in a while back?

I think teams have recently just realized that the 80s are over.

Blog Entries

Diamondbacks to reveal new look

PHOENIX -- Tick, tick, tick...
    The wait is almost over.

On Wednesday night, the D-backs will unveil their new uniforms, which will include a change in colors from purple, teal and copper to Sedona red, Sonoran sand and black.

And fans will get their first look at the new uniforms right here on diamondbacks.com as we display the uniforms and deck the site out in the new colors.

Merchandise with the new look will be available online that night and beginning on Thursday at Valley Team Shop stores.

"We plan on having a good amount available the next day, Nov. 9," team president Derrick Hall told fans during a recent online chat. "As we get closer to Spring Training, more merchandise will hit the market and the shelves."

While Hall remains tightlipped about the changes, he has met with some fans that raised objections to the new look and gave them a sneak peek at the uniforms.

"The response was overwhelmingly positive," he said. "People are really going to like it."

Back in 1998, when the team began play, it received feedback from various media outlets that the color purple is a difficult one to match up when it comes to graphics, logos and photos with the purple coming out looking either blue or black. Purple also was a challenging color to match up from a merchandising standpoint.

In an effort to continue the tradition of making the colors representative of the state, the team chose to call its shade of red "Sedona red" due to its similarity to the famous red rocks in Arizona's northern town of Sedona.

Also, for continuity sake, the team's "A" logo will not change much, though, the secondary "D" logo will receive an update and be more modern looking.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...=.jsp&c_id=ari
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp...084&cp=2544389

if you go there you can see the new colors and stuff...and buy them if you want too. Or buy me one.

The 2nd Alternate Jesey really looks nice !!!
    but what a drastic colour change !!!
    Last edited by TheKingofKings; 11-08-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingofKings
    The 2nd Alternate Jesey really looks nice !!!
    but what a drastic colour change !!!
    I love the gray arizona one. It is sharp. I think the D-Backs one will grow on me. Love the color change though

The new uni's look nice but they lack the uniqueness of the previous unis, there are numerous teams in sports that have the red/black schemes. I do like the db logo that espo as as his av though...That's cool though, chances are I can pick up a cheap d'backs jersey now.

Not bad...but I do like the old one myself too.

~This is my 100th post!
    Place your quote here for just $5.00

I hate pink bats...Tigers losses...White Sox...Yanks...and Chevrolet!

The Diamondbacks are not even 10 years old and already on their third completely different uniform design. Nice way to make more money in merch sales that way I guess.

I tell you what, I like them. Never was a big fan of purple and teal, I mean who is? The red, "sand," and black look much better.
    He's going to not come back this year, sign with the Red Sox for like 8 dollars and win the Cy Young going 35-0 with an ERA of 0.00
    -Jglaubman of NYYFans.com, on Carl Pavano

J.B. Cox-Heir to the Closer Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Waitinfor27
    I tell you what, I like them. Never was a big fan of purple and teal, I mean who is? The red, "sand," and black look much better.
    I didn't like them but then they grew on me. I don't like to see teams change their uniforms all the time. I'm glad my Tigers don't do that.
    Place your quote here for just $5.00

I hate pink bats...Tigers losses...White Sox...Yanks...and Chevrolet!

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    I like the old uniform better. Especially the alternate jersey.

Of course it is a matter of taste, but I will not be surprised that they will sell less merchandise.

Looks sharp

The Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing.

I really like the new "db" snakeshead-logo. Real smart!

Dennis
    BrooklynDodger14

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
    I like the old uniform better. Especially the alternate jersey.

Of course it is a matter of taste, but I will not be surprised that they will sell less merchandise.
    On the old uniform, the colours were irrelevent and my thought of why they changed the coloursd this season is because of Gonzo leaving and a piece of Diamondbacks History Ending .

I like the black alternate.

I'm also glad that they kept the original 'A' logo,but in the new red color.