Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minor League Logos

New Syracuse Chiefs logo

Chiefs.jpg
    Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggtone23
    New Syracuse Chiefs logo

Chiefs.jpg
    I saw that today. They also changed their name back to the Chiefs from the SkyChiefs and changed color schemes to more closely resemble the parent team, the Blue Jays. Not a bad logo. I've seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfan
    I saw that today. They also changed their name back to the Chiefs from the SkyChiefs and changed color schemes to more closely resemble the parent team, the Blue Jays. Not a bad logo. I've seen worse.
    They already changed the color scheme one or two years ago to resemble the Blue Jays colors. I think the change happened one year after the Blue Jays changed their colors. I didn't know about the name or logo change. I used to go to quite a few SkyChiefs games when I lived in Ithaca. Now that I'm living in Geneseo I'll probably be going to more Rochester Red Wings games (this geography is probably meaningless unless you live in upstate NY).
    http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1377/oak2jf0.jpg
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Here's an original for you:

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will no longer be known as the Red Barons (harkening back to the days of the Scranton Red Sox & Wilkes-Barre Coal Barons), but will now be known as the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees.

Here's the new logo:
    Last edited by dmbfan; 04-16-2007 at 03:31 AM.

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfan
    Here's an original for you:

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will no longer be known as the Red Barons (harkening back to the days of the Scranton Red Sox & Wilkes-Barre Coal Barons), but will now be known as the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees.

Here's the new logo:
    And here's the new cap. Pretty cool IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
    And here's the new cap. Pretty cool IMO.
    If I were a Yankee fan, which I am not, I would buy the hat. It actually is a nice hat. However, the article that I read stated that the team was going to keep the SWB logo on the hats that it has traditionally used but design it more like the NY logo. Should be interesting to see how that turns out. But, I do agree with you, YBF, it is a nice looking hat.

Minor League Logos

Okay, everyone, here's headwear lesson #1:

It's a cap, not a hat.

A hat has a brim. A cap has a visor.

It's New Era CAP Company, not New Era HAT Company (New Era is the on-field cap provider for every major and minor league team).

Our grandfathers wore hats. We wear caps!

Skip
    God created baseball; it's scriptural: "In the big inning..." (Genesis 1:1)

Blog Entries
    That one for the kernels is pretty ugly........
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Quote Originally Posted by Nashvol

It's a cap, not a hat.

It's New Era CAP Company, not New Era HAT Company (New Era is the on-field cap provider for every major and minor league team).

Skip
    Does someone need a hug??? Jokes. Sorry for the error.
    Last edited by dmbfan; 12-15-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggtone23
    New Syracuse Chiefs logo

Chiefs.jpg
    very nice logos, got some more...

As most of you know, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are a AAA team that will begin play in 2008 when the Ottawa Lynx (Phillies affiliate) relocate to Allentown, PA. Today they unveiled their logo.

Quote Originally Posted by keepthefaith3
    That one for the kernels is pretty ugly........
    At least they got creative and made the corn into a bat.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sewf
    As most of you know, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are a AAA team that will begin play in 2008 when the Ottawa Lynx (Phillies affiliate) relocate to Allentown, PA. Today they unveiled their logo.
    I really don't get the team name at all. IronPigs? Are people running out of ideas this fast these days? I know how and why they named the team that, but it still doesn't roll off the tongue. As for the logo, are you kidding me?

Chiefs Logo Gets Rave Review

The Syracuse Chiefs new Brand Identity that was unvieled in December of 2006 received a big time endorsement today when the publication Baseball America rated the Chiefs logo as one of the best.

The mark that was designed by Plan B Branding, a national company located in San Diego, Naples and New York. Baseball America said that "the Syracuse franchise is all about tradition and stability, and it's new logo brings a needed facelift while going back to the classic Chiefs name".

New Chiefs logo draws attention

SYRACUSE (NY) - Thirteen Minor League teams with new logos for the 2007 season were critiqued in the latest issue of Baseball America and the Chiefs' new logo was rated as one of "The Best New Logos".

Baseball America had this to say about the Chiefs' new logo:

The Syracuse franchise is all about tradition and stability, and this new logo brings a needed facelift while going back to the classic Chiefs name.

New logo rankings:
    The Best: Burlington Bees, Spokane Indians, Lakeland Flying Tigers, Syracuse Chiefs
    The Worst: Scranton/Wilkes- Barre Yankees, Great Lake Loons, Vero Beach Devil Rays, Burlington Royals The Rest: Sacramento River Cats, Cedar Rapid Kernels, Myrtle Beach Pelicans, New Britain Rock Cats, Boise Hawks.

Have you ever noticed that the Minor League teams have all the dumb team names/logos? Kinda obvious but....

Ever noticed that the names (ex: Biscuits) sounds more like kid's Little League team names?
    Probably because most of them sorta are kids. I actually think that my League's Tee ball and Machine pitch levels have started using the Minor league team names
    Aaron Rowand: ANOTHER SEASON IN PHILLY! CRASH, NUMBER 33, CRASH!

I dare you to bunt on me. Seriously. Do it. You'll be out faster than you can swing the bat

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by punker268 View Post
    Have you ever noticed that the Minor League teams have all the dumb team names/logos? Kinda obvious but....

Ever noticed that the names (ex: Biscuits) sounds more like kid's Little League team names?
    Probably because most of them sorta are kids. I actually think that my League's Tee ball and Machine pitch levels have started using the Minor league team names
    As far as I know, little league teams are mainly named after big league clubs.

The Biscuits may be a childish name, but it sells. And that's what counts.

Yeah it's funny. Personally, we had always been majors but I saw a teeballer playing in a biscuit's shirt. I had always been on the Cardinals, Rockies, and Giants
    Aaron Rowand: ANOTHER SEASON IN PHILLY! CRASH, NUMBER 33, CRASH!

I dare you to bunt on me. Seriously. Do it. You'll be out faster than you can swing the bat

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    As far as I know, little league teams are mainly named after big league clubs.

Actually we did Minor league teams for a while but the past 2 years we have been doing College Teams. Last year we were Auburn and this year we are Michiagan. the Fall ball team I coached were the Tar Heels......
    Always collecting Yankees...
    Especially: Jeter, Posada, Munson, Melky Cabrera, Mattingly

Check out:
    Waiting For The Mail Man: Our TTM Site
    My Baseball Card Site

Good Traders : Dalkowski110, dmbfan, Freakazoid1014, actually I have had too many good trades to list everyone...

I wish Charleston would go back to the old Wheelers logo...

Quote Originally Posted by Nashvol View Post

It's a cap, not a hat.

Skip
    Whether that was a rant or just a correction, it had me laughing. You sound like me. I'm in the military and we call them either Patrol Caps or Soft Caps. When someone calls it a hat, I always feel like I have to correct them, just because I'm anal retentive like that. It's kind of like the "this is my rifle, this is my gun" line in Full Metal Jacket.

Jupiter Hammerheads Logo

anyone out there have the current logo for the hammerheads?

Am I the only one here who thinks the Pelicans logo looks like a sign for a seafood restaurant?

New Logo for the new Northwest Arkansas Naturals (AA-Royals). They are replacing the Whicita Wranglers.
    Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick9 View Post
    I really don't get the team name at all. IronPigs? Are people running out of ideas this fast these days? I know how and why they named the team that, but it still doesn't roll off the tongue. As for the logo, are you kidding me?
    The team represents the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area of Pennsylvania. Bethlehem at one time had a huge steel mill (Bethlehem Steel). For those who don't know, "Iron Pigs" is supposed to be a reference to pig iron that was once produced in mass quantities in the Bethlehem area.

However, I do agree-I think they could have come up with a better name-and that logo is just plain UGLY!

Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs website
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 10-27-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast