Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Players you would like to hang out with?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    We all know how sartorial it was in 1985.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    No question in 1985, it was sartorial on the field, especially compared to this...What is he wearing, white jeans or chinos?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    That word is becoming too common here
    Yes. They keep using that word. I don't think it means what they think it means.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Fox View Post
    Yes. They keep using that word. I don't think it means what they think it means.
    Inconceivable!!!!

Ichiro even has his own impersonator who was once actually ejected from Safeco for interfering with a foul ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inconceivable!!!!
    Hilarious! I am still guffawing over that! Good job Allie and Cap!

I would like to hang around with David Freese, the Cardinals 2011 postseason hero (among many others). My cousin was a Marine Corps recruiter in St Louis (great job for another lifelong Redbirds fan) for years, and in 2012 he was on the field in a salute to our military men and women. Anyway, he got a chance to pal around with a few of the Cardinals and was real impressed with Berkman, Carpenter and Freese. Actually, earlier that summer, he and I were talking about which Cardinals jersey he was going to buy with that World Series Champions patch. We are both huge fans of all those guys mentioned along with a few others, but he made up his mind that day. He said Freese was an outstanding young guy who was very respectful for all the military personnel there, and Freese even asked my cousin for an autograph!

I know a lot of athletes in all sports support the military, and even visit the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan (Tommy LaSorda came to see my unit in Afghanistan in 2009). I am thankful of their support in our dangerous endeavors, and therefore would like to meet Freese, shake his hand, thank him for the great memories and especially to thank him for treating my cousin so well that day on the field of Busch stadium. That is true class, even if he has had some issues in the past. Then again, a lot of people have issues they have to deal with.

Here's to another fine season for my 3B, David Freese! Thanks buddy, keep it up!

Last chance!.JPG
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"If a big leaguer doesn't like cutting the corners or playing with 'cheaters,' then he's as much out of place as a missionary in Russia." Rogers Hornsby

Dustin Pedroia enjoys himself, the life of the party.

Catfish. I met him as a kid. . . sure would love to have a brew with him now.
    Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    He's nothing without the 'stache.
    Mattingly's "sideburns" lol!

Easiest question I've seen on this site...

Give me the core members of the '93 Phillies. Daulton, Kruk, Schilling, Dykstra, Mitch, and whoever else wants to hang out. All of these guys had experiences of elation and frustration and love to party. I couldn't think how much fun that night would be and how much trouble we'd get into.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Blog Entries
    Always thought Ted Simmons was the one guy who was for sure not an empty suit, intellectually. And Whitey Herzog, of course, who although not an intellectual in the conventional sense, has one of the most curious, seeking minds that I have ever witnessed. He really and truly is like a white rat seeking an elusive cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post

Give me the core members of the '93 Phillies. Daulton, Kruk, Schilling, Dykstra, Mitch, and whoever else wants to hang out. All of these guys had experiences of elation and frustration and love to party. I couldn't think how much fun that night would be and how much trouble we'd get into.
    I was an out-of-control, hard partying, rebel without a clue in high school when these guys won the NL pennant in 1993. I wanted to hang around with them and raise some Cain as well! I thought the story about Nails telling an elected official (in an uppity restaurant where Dykstra's party was acting like morons) who asked that they tone down their obnoxious behavior, "I'll drop you, dude." was the greatest thing ever back then. Stick to the man, Nails! It was a fun, yet embarrassing, time in my life as I look back now.

"If a big leaguer doesn't like cutting the corners or playing with 'cheaters,' then he's as much out of place as a missionary in Russia." Rogers Hornsby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post

Putting dykstra and mitch in the same room may be bad...I believe they hate each other...I think they got into it recently at an autograph signing...of course, I could be wrong

Maybe I was right?
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BZRW2ZC-s_s
    Last edited by Cap78; 07-21-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: looked for video

Putting dykstra and mitch in the same room may be bad...I believe they hate each other...I think they got into it recently at an autograph signing...of course, I could be wrong

Maybe I was right?
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BZRW2ZC-s_s
    What happened in their fight? The link just brought me to the youtube home page.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr28 View Post
    What happened in their fight? The link just brought me to the youtube home page.
    It should take you to the video...it does when I click it...short clip of williams confronting dykstra at a signing

It should take you to the video...it does when I click it...short clip of williams confronting dykstra at a signing
    Maybe something is wrong with my laptop, because it keeps bringing me to the youtube page to search for videos.

It took me to the home page too, but there was a video there recommended for me of "Spill The Wine", by Eric Burdon and War, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Try this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRW2ZC-s_s
    "Only twice in my life has the hair on the back of my neck stood up straight. The first time was when I saw Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The second time was when I saw Sandy Koufax's fastball" - Al Campanis.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    It took me to the home page too, but there was a video there recommended for me of "Spill The Wine", by Eric Burdon and War, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Try this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRW2ZC-s_s
    Hmmm...oh well, if you both just type mitch williams & lenny dykstra into the youtube search function it is one of the first options shown

Hmmm...oh well, if you both just type mitch williams & lenny dykstra into the youtube search function it is one of the first options shown
    I did, that's how I got the link I posted. That link takes me to the video. Your link takes me to the YouTube home page, even though the URL looks identical. Somebody who's better versed in computer technology needs to explain how that happens, my brain hurts from thinking about it.
    "Only twice in my life has the hair on the back of my neck stood up straight. The first time was when I saw Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The second time was when I saw Sandy Koufax's fastball" - Al Campanis.

Dead: Ruth.

Alive (but no longer active): Sparky Lyle (read The Bronx Zoo).

Current roster: Mark Teixeira.

They are also listed in order of preference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123