Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Players you would like to hang out with?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    We all know how sartorial it was in 1985.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    No question in 1985, it was sartorial on the field, especially compared to this...What is he wearing, white jeans or chinos?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    That word is becoming too common here
    Yes. They keep using that word. I don't think it means what they think it means.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Fox View Post
    Yes. They keep using that word. I don't think it means what they think it means.
    Inconceivable!!!!

Ichiro even has his own impersonator who was once actually ejected from Safeco for interfering with a foul ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    Inconceivable!!!!
    Hilarious! I am still guffawing over that! Good job Allie and Cap!

I would like to hang around with David Freese, the Cardinals 2011 postseason hero (among many others). My cousin was a Marine Corps recruiter in St Louis (great job for another lifelong Redbirds fan) for years, and in 2012 he was on the field in a salute to our military men and women. Anyway, he got a chance to pal around with a few of the Cardinals and was real impressed with Berkman, Carpenter and Freese. Actually, earlier that summer, he and I were talking about which Cardinals jersey he was going to buy with that World Series Champions patch. We are both huge fans of all those guys mentioned along with a few others, but he made up his mind that day. He said Freese was an outstanding young guy who was very respectful for all the military personnel there, and Freese even asked my cousin for an autograph!

I know a lot of athletes in all sports support the military, and even visit the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan (Tommy LaSorda came to see my unit in Afghanistan in 2009). I am thankful of their support in our dangerous endeavors, and therefore would like to meet Freese, shake his hand, thank him for the great memories and especially to thank him for treating my cousin so well that day on the field of Busch stadium. That is true class, even if he has had some issues in the past. Then again, a lot of people have issues they have to deal with.

Here's to another fine season for my 3B, David Freese! Thanks buddy, keep it up!

Last chance!.JPG
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"The last guy who ran as badly as Bill Buckner was Long John Silver." Mark Heisler, sportswriter

"I'm getting by on three pitches now - a curve, a change-up, and whatever you want to call that thing that used to be a fastball." Frank Tanana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123