View Poll Results: Do you want Bonds on your 2007 Giants-Roster?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I don't care about winning this season. It's all about Barry and his HR-record!

2 8.70%
  • YES! Barry is still worth the money, he helps the Giants to go to the postseason. Bonds=teamplayer.

6 26.09%
  • NO! Bonds doesn't care about winning, he just wants to get HR-King and shows it in every at-bat.

3 13.04%
  • NO! I hate Bonds.He takes steroids and doesn't deserve topass Hank Aaron.Hopefully nobody wants him!

12 52.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you want Barry Bonds as a Giants-Fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerfan1
    And I wholeheartedly would not. He's only an above-average contributor at this point, and that's only when he's not injured. Then there is the distraction factor. This grand jury thing isn't going away any time soon, and that will be a huge distraction. If you think the guy is surly and aloof now, look out. Even at a discounted rate, he will still cost more than I believe he will be worth in the long run. Plus, I just don't like the dude.

No, I wouldn't want him on my team.
    Excuse me but he's still an above average batter who is tremendously feared by pitchers and will still get on base half of his plate appereances. Maybe in the NL he can give up a few runs because of his glove, but anyone in the AL should take him in a heartbeat.

Also, how can he hurt you more in the long run since he only has max. 2 years left in him?

Quote Originally Posted by ReignInBlood
    Excuse me but he's still an above average batter who is tremendously feared by pitchers and will still get on base half of his plate appereances. Maybe in the NL he can give up a few runs because of his glove, but anyone in the AL should take him in a heartbeat.

Also, how can he hurt you more in the long run since he only has max. 2 years left in him?
    That's your opinion, and that's fine. I gave mine, and that is fine, as well.
    Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Blog Entries
    So Bonds signed with the Giants for 16 millions$!!!

I guessed the highest bid would be something around 8 millions$...

I failed. But thats waay too much. I hope the Giants will start to rebuild their team in 2008. They have the oldest team by far again in 2007.
    I don't think Bonds is worth 16 mill$. He should have played DH on a AL-team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12