Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilots Autographs

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind Tommy View Post
    Here are some photos on Brunet, Lund, and Williams
    As far as I know, Roggenburk's only photo appearance in a Pilot uniform was in a team photo that has been reproduced in Ball Four
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Thanks for the photos Tailwind Tommy.........You don't know how much I
    appreciate it

Photoshopped Roggenburk

Maybe you can use this:
    Here's a 1967 Topps Roggenburk photo attached to a Gene Brabender body

Quote Originally Posted by bobw357 View Post
    Bob - where do you find photos like this one? Thanks, Dave

Contact Info

Does anyone have any contact info for Jose Vidal, Steve Hovley
    or Ron Plaza. Haven't been able to locate anything for them
    Thanks for any leads !!

Quote Originally Posted by davidsb View Post
    Great work!

Where did you find this picture?

Do you have a larger picture of this? Just Bristol I mean?

I am curious about the pullover double knit Pilots jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Giants View Post
    Great work!

Where did you find this picture?

Do you have a larger picture of this? Just Bristol I mean?

I am curious about the pullover double knit Pilots jersey.
    Thanks, it is from a picture of Mr. Bristol in a Brewers uniform that was Photoshopped.

Thanks, it is from a picture of Mr. Bristol in a Brewers uniform that was Photoshopped.

I must say, that is excellent work! Thanks for the reply.

Bob - where do you find photos like this one? Thanks, Dave
    Great Photos like that are offered by "thetoppsvault" off EBay.

Pilots

Seeing your Pilots' set TTM inspired me to start one myself a few weeks ago in a 4x6 size. Started getting a few back in the last week

bobw357.......Great Looking cards !!!
    I've been working on my collection for about 3-4 weeks now !!
    I've got 9 signed responses so far.
    Had many great responses... Marv Staehle sent a thank you card for the extra cards I sent him to keep for himself. Most of the players are really appreciative of our recognition of them after all these years.
    On the other hand.... Mike Ferraro card was returned unsigned & so far after
    3 weeks...no responses from Tommy Davis, Ron Clark, Tommy Harper & Wayne Comer (& this is ok cause...cause any player that signs is going out of his way for me).

Have any of you had similar experiences with these former players or do I have bad timing Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nashvols View Post
    bobw357.......Great Looking cards !!!
    I've been working on my collection for about 3-4 weeks now !!
    I've got 9 signed responses so far.
    Had many great responses... Marv Staehle sent a thank you card for the extra cards I sent him to keep for himself. Most of the players are really appreciative of our recognition of them after all these years.
    3 weeks...no responses from Tommy Davis, Ron Clark, Tommy Harper & Wayne Comer (& this is ok cause...cause any player that signs is going out of his way for me).

Have any of you had similar experiences with these former players or do I have bad timing Thanks !!
    I met Davis at a Legends game a few years ago...didn't know he was going to be there or I would've brought stuff. He was there selling his book; no idea if he would've charged for signing, but we chatted a bit; a mutual friend of ours was one of his teammates on the '70 A's.

Comer has always appeared as a jerk...if you've read Ball Four, you can see why and even on some of his cards, it looks like he's sneering at the the camera. I've heard that Harper can be moody at times and I've never heard anything good or bad about Clark.

Seeing your Pilots' set TTM inspired me to start one myself a few weeks ago in a 4x6 size. Started getting a few back in the last week
    Bobw357 - those are awesome looking - excellent work. Please keep posting your successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashvols View Post
    I've been working on my collection for about 3-4 weeks now !! I've got 9 signed responses so far.

3 weeks...no responses from Tommy Davis, Ron Clark, Tommy Harper & Wayne Comer
    Nashvols - are you send cards to sign or something else?

I got a response fom Comer in two weeks but the rest have been no-shows since mid December.

Nashvols - are you send cards to sign or something else?

I got a response fom Comer in two weeks but the rest have been no-shows since mid December.
    davidsb....Yes, Just sent 1 card with a letter (typed) in which I told him of
    the time I got to see him play plus the request.

For the other players, I'll try to send them a copy of a newspaper clipping that has a photo (from their minor league days if I have one) for them to keep or if I make a card for them...I will sent them extras. They really seem to enjoy this...I gotten several letters with the signed card expressing their thanks. In fact I received 2 more yesterday

I never fault the players if I don't get a response....You never know what could be happening in their life personally.

I plan to resend another request to everyone I don't get an initial response to
    .........maybe with a hand written letter.
    From everyone that has tried this appoach.....does it improve your chances ??

Thanks !!

Received since the last post:

John Miklos

Got back John Miklos today. He was taken from the Washington Senators by the Pilots in the 1968 Expansion Draft.

Got back John Miklos today. He was taken from the Washington Senators by the Pilots in the 1968 Expansion Draft.

I really like the look of your custom cards. Great job!!

Well, I have not been able to get many new Pilot autographs recently as I have been runnin gout of potential subjects. I have developed a nice little process to turn previously boring autographed 3x5 cards into custom cards. Here are my latest Pilots:

part 1:

part 2:

I started collecting Pilots autographs several years ago. Some I received through the mail, telephone auctions (pre-internet), some through autograph shows and some through eBay. I have a near complete set of autographed cachet envelopes of every Pilot player and coach that suited up for a game. I am only missing Miguel Fuentes, although I do have his sig on a program. The ones I received through the mail were prompt and had a nice note attached. I tracked down Steve Hovley's address a few years ago, but I did not receive a response. I heard that he does not sign at all. I needed his autograph on a ball. The signatures on here are a nice reference for collectors. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick's Stadium 1969 View Post
    I started collecting Pilots autographs several years ago. Some I received through the mail, telephone auctions (pre-internet), some through autograph shows and some through eBay. I have a near complete set of autographed cachet envelopes of every Pilot player and coach that suited up for a game. I am only missing Miguel Fuentes, although I do have his sig on a program. The ones I received through the mail were prompt and had a nice note attached. I tracked down Steve Hovley's address a few years ago, but I did not receive a response. I heard that he does not sign at all. I needed his autograph on a ball. The signatures on here are a nice reference for collectors. Very well done.
    Miguel "Mickey" Fuentes passed away in January 1970. Was murdered in a bar fight in Puerto Rico.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12