Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Uniform

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
    My favorite MiLB uniform is this one without any doubt:
    You know, when I first heard there was going to be a team called the Biscuits, I sincerely thought it was a joke. Guess not. In MLB The Show Career mode, I choose the D-Rays, just so I can play on the Biscuits.

Giants
    Dodgers
    Yankees
    White Sox
    pick'em
    Mets
    Angels
    Boston
    "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

I like uniforms that are very basic and traditional with a clean, classic look to them. Even though they are my team, I really like the way both the Braves home/road uniforms look. I like teams that wear gray as their road uniform. It may look boring but I just like it.

Other uniforms that I like:
    Dodgers
    Red Sox
    Tigers
    Yankees
    Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
    IDK why so many people like the Brewers old logo. I never really liked it, found it kinda stupid IMO. Their old unis with the pinstripes were hideous also IMO. Don't know what it is about them, just never liked them, I also never was a fan of Milwaukee County Stadium. I think Miller Park gives them such a great new look.
    I disagree. One of the few button-front jerseys with belted pants uniforms I liked was the '90-'93 Brewers. The underlined cursive script gets me every time. The 'mb' mitt logo was great. The individual or individuals who made the decision to retire this look should face serious jail time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To Kevin Martinez VP of Marketing Seattle Mariners,

The Mariners are in a rut currently. Things are stagnant. In 2011, July 1st to be exact, the Mariners had a promotion called '80s Night', and you remember that the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. The Mariners wore uniforms from 1984, in reality the home uniforms from '81-'86. They looked outstanding. The players loved them, the fans loved them and they looked incredible. They're contemporary and retro at the same time. The colors are great and truly eye-catching. The time is now to make the move and designate them as the official uniforms of the Seattle Mariners. Gain new fans and make every non-Mariners fan jealous. Dynamic v-neck pullover jerseys and beautiful striped sansabelt pants. I was never more proud to be a Mariner fan than on that day. Make that day, every day.

Sincerely,

Every Breathing Seattle Mariners Fan

I want V-neck pullover and sansabelt versions of these.

John_McGraw_and_Christy_Mathewson.jpgmcgraw.jpg
    A fond yet sad farewell to Bill Burgess, the Ty Cobb of BBF.

Mariners

The Seattle Mariners' 1985, 1986 and future road uniforms! They're so good, it's not fair.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 03-01-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Why is Mike Moore writing on his own hand?
    A fond yet sad farewell to Bill Burgess, the Ty Cobb of BBF.

Why couldn't Dave Henderson have stayed with the Mariners in 1986?!?

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13062929

Mariners

Rumors are running rampant that indeed the Mariners will bring their beautiful 1981-1986 uniforms out of retirement! The Mariners have been given the opportunity to set trends and blaze trails, and apparently they will do just that! Pullovers and sansabelt pants will indeed be worn full-time by a MLB team once again! There will be those who will resist, but they will just need to be force fed and accept what needs to be done. The Mariners want to be unique and stand out from the crowd and they are taking appropriate action! Great day for the Mariners and a great day for baseball as a whole. Individuality will indeed be a reality! What was once old, is now new!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Rumors are running rampant that indeed the Mariners will bring their beautiful 1981-1986 uniforms out of retirement! The Mariners have been given the opportunity to set trends and blaze trails, and apparently they will do just that! Pullovers and sansabelt pants will indeed be worn full-time by a MLB team once again! There will be those who will resist, but they will just need to be force fed and accept what needs to be done. The Mariners want to be unique and stand out from the crowd and they are taking appropriate action! Great day for the Mariners and a great day for baseball as a whole. Individuality will indeed be a reality! What was once old, is now new!
    Waiting for you to provide sources

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    http://www.pravda.ru/
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    I think I lost a pravda pin in a recent move. I'll have to check.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior JEDI

There was a post on Ebbets's facebook yesterday and there are conflicting reports circulating right now, one of them is that Ebbets Field Flannels is consulting the Mariners about possible new uniforms for 2014, and instead of unretiring the best uniforms in team history (1981-1986), a new creme colored uniform would be introduced. That would be awful. J honestly hate the thought of the Mariners wearing creme colored uniforms, I might actually think of disowning them. Creme is just disgusting. The last thing the Mariners need to do and knowing Ebbets Field Flannels, is to trot out on Opening Day 2014 wearing uniforms that look like their from 1934,1944 or 1954. No way, no how. They don't need to be the S.F. Giants North. I didn't even know Ebbets Field Flannels was still in business. Seriously, if they wear creme colored uniforms, I might just give up baseball, not just the Mariners. The last thing I want to see is Felix wearing a baggy, dull, button-front, cream colored jersey with the terrible piping down the front along with loose, long pajama pants. If that happens, forget it, it's over.

Rumors are running rampant that indeed the Mariners will bring their beautiful 1981-1986 uniforms out of retirement!
    There was a post on Ebbets's facebook yesterday and there are conflicting reports circulating right now, one of them is that Ebbets Field Flannels is consulting the Mariners about possible new uniforms for 2014, and instead of unretiring the best uniforms in team history (1981-1986), a new creme colored uniform would be introduced.
    So who besides you is spreading this rumor that they will bring those god-awful mid 80s uniforms back in 2014?

Provide a link that "Rumors are running rampant that indeed the Mariners will bring their beautiful 1981-1986 uniforms out of retirement" and maybe someone will actually take these delusions of yours seriously.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    You'll be waiting till doomsday. You can't provide sources for something for something that doesn't exist.
    - Walt Whitman

The ignore feature on this site is useless. A block feature needs to be added. Individuals on your ignore list can still read and reply to your posts. That's a flaw that hopefully a site update can fix.

There will be those who will resist, but they will just need to be force fed and accept what needs to be done.
    The ignore feature on this site is useless. A block feature needs to be added. Individuals on your ignore list can still read and reply to your posts. That's a flaw that hopefully a site update can fix.
    Forget what I said. These posts are comic gold. Keep 'em coming.

Last edited by jnakamura; 03-01-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    Forget what I said. These posts are comic gold. Keep 'em coming.

Yep, I love that quote about force feeding those that resist! Reminds me of the Army. Hilarious!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"The last guy who ran as badly as Bill Buckner was Long John Silver." Mark Heisler, sportswriter

"I'm getting by on three pitches now - a curve, a change-up, and whatever you want to call that thing that used to be a fastball." Frank Tanana

I'm looking forward to these alternate unis.

Quote Originally Posted by tom3 View Post
    I'm looking forward to these alternate unis.
    They sure are beautiful! Really brings back that glory of the 1940s with that red piping on the sleeves and down the front! Those were my favorite Cardinals uniforms, and I am excited to see these beauties this coming year!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"The last guy who ran as badly as Bill Buckner was Long John Silver." Mark Heisler, sportswriter

"I'm getting by on three pitches now - a curve, a change-up, and whatever you want to call that thing that used to be a fastball." Frank Tanana

Classy uniforms for a classy franchise and fanbase.

Love the new alternate uni for St. Louis.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Apart from the long pants, this looks really good. Better than any potential creme uniform...

If anyone needs to be ignored, the whole site ought to put you on the list...you spam the whole site spewing propaganda everywhere...not one mariners fan has backed you up...if you would truly dump your team due to a uniform change, then the whole mariner community is better off for it

Mariners

Love the Mariners 1981-1984 road uniforms! Last worn in a game in 2010. Hopefully in the future, they'll serve as the Mariners' alternate uniforms.

RealBig_Tall_Blue_Baseball_Template-1-1-1.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast