Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your Favorite Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    take this trash to your own thread
    Seriously, all you do is bitch and complain. That's literally what you did at my "own" thread. I didn't even notice if you submitted your opinion on a uniform.
    It's like you're in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

As for the others who are whining about how "a mod should do something about this". Read another thread or submit your opinion on what uniform/uniforms you like, instead of bitch about my likes. There are thousands of other threads that have nothing to with uniforms, read those. This is a subjective topic. How dare any of you question my taste or motives. This is supposed to be a light-hearted forum.

390276_308779182492407_209746172395709_752122_1143933520_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    I look at some of these uniforms and they are flat out brutal - especially the ones from the 70s with the gaudy prints, sansibelt pants, etc... just want to puke when i see them.

Sort of like how everybody's kitchen back then was done in yellow, orange and avacado green - was like a bad acid trip, but those were the colors along with wood paneling - and it was also used on cars yikes!

IMO, the 70s was the antichrist of baseball. Cookie cutter ballparks, 80% of teams playing on astroturf, polyester uniforms with futuristic logos... worst ever and it sucks more that it's what I grew up with.
    Again dude, your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine, but before you go off on a tangent ranting about astroturf, cooki cutter ballparks, kitchens and whatever you did, take a breath and compose yourself, this is about uniforms, not your childhood. I don't care about your life story.

What's your hold up with sansabelt pants? Yeah, belted pants are so much better.

In fact, many of the NBA uniforms I like have the basketball equivalent of the sansabelt waistband, what the difference?
    uNBKA.jpgbos_g_paul-pierce_mb_600.jpgtumblr_lqemeif2Gr1qb8tty-1-2.jpg

Yeah, sansabelt pants are so awful, yuck, gross, the '70s and '80s were so terrible. Puke, my childhood sucked.

These are what baseball pants are supposed to look like. Long, baggy, modern and completely free of distinction! Plus, get excited...an actual belt!

23126.blowup-1.jpg

Yeah right.

not worth the breath
    Last edited by jnakamura; 05-21-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Seriously, all you do is bitch and complain. That's literally what you did at my "own" thread. I didn't even notice if you submitted your opinion on a uniform.
    It's like you're in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

As for the others who are whining about how "a mod should do something about this". Read another thread or submit your opinion on what uniform/uniforms you like, instead of bitch about my likes. There are thousands of other threads that have nothing to with uniforms, read those. This is a subjective topic. How dare any of you question my taste or motives. This is supposed to be a light-hearted forum.

390276_308779182492407_209746172395709_752122_1143933520_n.jpg
    Our problem is your trolling

Blog Entries
    Has to be Yankees, Cubs or Red Sox for me.... just ooze class in my opinion
    MySpace Codes

Lookouts

Chattanooga Lookouts. The Lookouts were a Mariners affiliate from 1983-1986 and it shows! Love the colors and I like how it matches with the seats of historic Engel Stadium. Those must have been great times. Edgar Martinez is a former Lookout!
    harrison_rj-1.jpg
    http://1986procards.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Yeah, sansabelt pants are so awful, yuck, gross, the '70s and '80s were so terrible. Puke, my childhood sucked.

These are what baseball pants are supposed to look like. Long, baggy, modern and completely free of distinction! Plus, get excited...an actual belt!

23126.blowup-1.jpg

Yeah right.
    Are you serious? Baseball pants are meant to be tucked into socks, and fitted. Not like pyjamas. No-one, but you, wants to see long baggy pants in baseball..
    MySpace Codes

Mets

Kingsport Mets. It's weird to see the Mets or Mets affiliate with a uniform that includes a v-neck pullover jersey that doesn't have the stylish racing stripes. This uniform at least includes stripes on the pants.
    21d072e9-e8d6-4cfe-bd02-c2d8c539a350-1.jpg
    http://www.comc.com

Mets

I was debating with myself where to post this and I decided to post it here. The Mets' 1983-1990 uniforms, IMHO, are among the best in the history of the sport. That said, they consist of just half of the 'Ultimate Baseball Look' They weren't 100% athletic wear. I found this card of Eric Stampfl of the Lynchburg Mets and was overjoyed! The jersey doesn't have racing stripes but the pants are 100% belt-free! A great find.
    stampfl_eric-1.jpg
    http://1986procards.blogspot.com

belts, buttons and socks are the standard.
    everything else are just pajamas.
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Cardinal

Long live the Stanford Cardinal. Their tradition is certainly one I respect and enjoy. They are certainly in the running to become the 'Unofficial College Team of Baseball Fever'!
    f8793b8bfb008dbf65ee73c0b236616e.jpeg
    https://twitter.com/sahilbloom

I wish I could find a better picture, but my favorite uniform has to be the O's current alternate uni. I just really like the black jerseys mixed with either the white or grey pants (preferably the white).

display_image.jpg
    Favorite players past/present: Cal Ripken, Jr., Chipper Jones, Adam Jones, Javy Lopez, Josh Hamilton, Mike Piazza

Harry Doyle: "And for the Indians, that's one run on, let's see...one hit? That's all we got? One godd**n hit?!"
    Monty: "You can't say godd**n on the air!"
    Harry Doyle: "Don't worry, nobody's listening anyways."
    ~Major League (1989)~

The Mets wear pinstripes and snow white at home. I wish they dumped the pinstripes.

The snow whites just look better.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

The Mets wear pinstripes and plain white at home. I wish they dumped the plain whites.

The pinstripes just look better.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

David Wright in snow whites:

Blog Entries
    May have said it before, but the cardinals unis are real sharp

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    The Mets wear pinstripes and plain white at home. I wish they dumped the plain whites.

The pinstripes just look better.
    Agreed. The pinstripes are traditional for the Mets and IMO the Good Humor Man unis are just Fred Wilpon's way of trying to make the Mets seem like the Brooklyn Dodgers (Wilpon's Dodger obsession practically resulted in the Mets denying what they owed to the legacy of the NY Giants). I always hated the fact that *not once* in the 1999 and 2000 postseasons did the Mets wear traditional pinstripes at home. If it wasn't the Good Humor Man unis, it was those equally awful black tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    May have said it before, but the cardinals unis are real sharp
    Classic as well as stylish. Can't knock them IMO.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Kirk Nieuwenhuis rocking the snow whites with stirrup socks?

51d79776e1dcf.image.jpg

He hit a homer in this shot, if you're curious.

I like the this home jersey of the closest minor league team to me, the New Orleans Zephyrs:

As far as MLB, I would have to go with the Braves. It was a toss-up between this jersey and their alternate home jersey (basically the early 60's Milwaukee jersey) but in the end this is the one that won out:

And for vintage, I like the mid-30's jersey for the Braves, even if the '35 squad was one of the worst in history:

Somebody gave me a link to their blog today.
    http://bigleaguechewin.blogspot.com/...-impress.html?

Quote Originally Posted by atlbravesfan View Post
    I like uniforms that are very basic and traditional with a clean, classic look to them. Even though they are my team, I really like the way both the Braves home/road uniforms look. I like teams that wear gray as their road uniform. It may look boring but I just like it.

Other uniforms that I like:
    Dodgers
    Red Sox
    Tigers
    Yankees
    Cardinals
    The Braves, one of my 1-button pullover "compromise" teams. Though, I would get rid of the 'Atlanta' wordmark. Only team names, not geography.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567