Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who charges $ ttm?

WOW, this is interesting to me. I didn't know that you can just send money to players and possibly receive an autograph. How do you go about obtaining addresses to send to players?
    John
    http://kaught-looking.com (a baseball-inspired fashion and paraphernalia blog)

Quote Originally Posted by kaughtlooking View Post
    WOW, this is interesting to me. I didn't know that you can just send money to players and possibly receive an autograph. How do you go about obtaining addresses to send to players?
    In addition to the players who charge, many will sign through the mail for free.

There are a variety of books (Harvey Meiselman's is the best) and web sites (www.sportscollectors.net is what I use) where you can get addresses.
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Does Pat Hentgen charge?
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed." - Casey Stengel

"No matter what I talk about, I always get back to baseball." - Connie Mack

NYM 2010

Does anyone know how one would get an autography from Jimmy Key, my mother always told me at my 1st birthday Key was there(was playing for the local wooden bat team the Winchester Royals at the time), have always wanted to get an autograph from him, would pay most anything.

Key is free! About ten years ago, my oldest son went to Baltimore on a high school marching band trip. He purchased a program and it had Jimmy Key's photograph on the cover. I kept it and last year, I sent it to him and asked him to sign it and personalize it to my son. I received it back about two weeks later personalized to him. I gave it to him for part of his Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by AutographCollector View Post
    Don Larsen: $5 a card (can someone confirm?)
    I have a "Talking Baseball" record, it's about 5x5...do you think this would fall under the "$5 a card" or would it be more?

Hey Autographcollector, would it be unreasonable to get a refresh on your list? A number of those guys are deceased.

By the way, I wanted to get Bobby Tolan to sign a poster. I wrote to him and asked how much he charged. He sent me a note back that it would cost $20 so he may have gone up as well. I needed his graph bad so I sucked it up and sent it to him. He gave me a nice graph though in silver Sharpie just like I requested.

Quote Originally Posted by AutographCollector View Post
    Added one from today. Former Mariner catcher Bob Stinson charges $5 per card for charity.
    Earlier this year I got Stinson TTM for free. Might've been because I had met him at the Rays fan fest MLBAA table (last minute addition)and had asked him if i could sent to him that way. He said sure just as long as it wasn't a SSPC card. Didn't mention a fee.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Fred Lasher charges $5 a sig. No idea if it's for charity or personal gain
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metrotheme View Post
    Received a letter from the family of Harold Gould (former Negro Leaguer). Gould played for the Philadelphia Stars in the 1940's and apparently has a lot of medical bills. They are asking for $52 PER signature + more for inscriptions. I want to know where they came up with that amount.
    For just a dollar a week, you too can...
    Your Second Base Coach
    Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey started 833 times and the Dodgers went 498-335, for a .598 winning percentage. Thatís equal to a team going 97-65 over a season. On those occasions when at least one of them missed his start, the Dodgers were 306-267-1, which is a .534 clip. That works out to a team going 87-75. So having all four of them added 10 wins to the Dodgers per year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5hCIvMule0

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Cecil Fielder is now charging $15/graph.
    After his kid autographs his next contract, I wonder if Cecil would have the nerve to ask for money in the future.
    Your Second Base Coach
    Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey started 833 times and the Dodgers went 498-335, for a .598 winning percentage. Thatís equal to a team going 97-65 over a season. On those occasions when at least one of them missed his start, the Dodgers were 306-267-1, which is a .534 clip. That works out to a team going 87-75. So having all four of them added 10 wins to the Dodgers per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
    Dana Kiecker, former Red Sox pitcher, is asking for a $1 donation per autograph for his scholarship fund. He asks for $2 per items that you want personalized.

Attachment 51772
    Nice idea... works better if players we've actually heard of run the show.
    Your Second Base Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
    Frank Sullivan (former Red Sox pitcher) now charges for signatures. See scan of his note below.

Attachment 57762
    What refreshing honesty!
    Your Second Base Coach

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456