• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westlake
    • Jan 2007

Haha, sorry, yeah, 1955.
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Wee Willie
      • Aug 2005

7th round pick: Mickey Cochrane, 1931

Comment

• Westlake
        • Jan 2007

AlecBoy006 picks Jim Kaat.

He didnt give me a year, I'll tell him that he needs to come on and give one.
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Minstrel
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Wee Willie
          6th round pick: Rube Waddell, 1902

Next pick is forthcoming
          7th round pick: Mickey Cochrane, 1931
          Unbelievable, you took both of my next two picks.

We shall meet again!
          "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• Wee Willie
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Minstrel
            Unbelievable, you took both of my next two picks.

We shall meet again!
            LOL. Actually, I really wanted at least one modern player out of that pair, but that particular year for Rube just looked too good to pass up.

Comment

• Minstrel
              • Dec 2006

LOL. Actually, I really wanted at least one modern player out of that pair, but that particular year for Rube just looked too good to pass up.
              I was frankly amazed Waddell was still available. I would have taken him with my last pick, but with Brett and Mathews disappearing, I felt Santo was a must-pick to keep my third base competitive.
              "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• plask_stirlac
                Study hard!
                • Dec 2004

I am interested to see a Gold Glove count on AlecBoy's team, if nothing else that will be quite a figure.
                (fantasy football)
                JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

• Westlake
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by plask_stirlac
                  I am interested to see a Gold Glove count on AlecBoy's team, if nothing else that will be quite a figure.
                  By my count, after 7 picks, his team has 84 gold gloves.
                  Last edited by Westlake; 02-14-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Wee Willie
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Minstrel
                    I was frankly amazed Waddell was still available. I would have taken him with my last pick, but with Brett and Mathews disappearing, I felt Santo was a must-pick to keep my third base competitive.
                    I was really hoping Santo would be there - you were wise to grab him.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                      all of the time
                      • Feb 2006

Need another pitcher, so:

ADDIE JOSS, 1906

Comment

• -Kyle-
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Erik Bedard
                        Need another pitcher, so:

ADDIE JOSS, 1906
                        Blast. h

Comment

• Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                          • Oct 2006

I'll take Edgar Martinez
                          2002053282.jpg
                          and will use his 1996 season.
                          Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

• Minstrel
                            • Dec 2006

I've ignored pitching too long. Ole Lefty can't pitch every game (I assume).

Therefore, I select:

Carl Hubbell : 1934

Comment

• ronnie5
                              • Feb 2007

Minstrel, did we agree that we were going to put that 10-15 minute time limit for tonight, and if you dont make your pick, you're skipped? I think we should finalize that before it starts. Since everyone agreed to be there for it, I dont think it should be a problem, and we certainly don't want to have everyone waiting around for someone to show up after they said they'd be here for it.

Comment

• Wee Willie
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ronnie5
                                Minstrel, did we agree that we were going to put that 10-15 minute time limit for tonight, and if you dont make your pick, you're skipped? I think we should finalize that before it starts. Since everyone agreed to be there for it, I dont think it should be a problem, and we certainly don't want to have everyone waiting around for someone to show up after they said they'd be here for it.
                                I'll be working at that time but logged on. I'll try not to go over 15 min. between picks, and chances are I won't.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X