Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Time Draft: AL Draft

Haha, sorry, yeah, 1955.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

7th round pick: Mickey Cochrane, 1931

AlecBoy006 picks Jim Kaat.

He didnt give me a year, I'll tell him that he needs to come on and give one.
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Willie
    6th round pick: Rube Waddell, 1902

Next pick is forthcoming
    7th round pick: Mickey Cochrane, 1931
    Unbelievable, you took both of my next two picks.

We shall meet again!
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel
    Unbelievable, you took both of my next two picks.

We shall meet again!
    LOL. Actually, I really wanted at least one modern player out of that pair, but that particular year for Rube just looked too good to pass up.

LOL. Actually, I really wanted at least one modern player out of that pair, but that particular year for Rube just looked too good to pass up.
    I was frankly amazed Waddell was still available. I would have taken him with my last pick, but with Brett and Mathews disappearing, I felt Santo was a must-pick to keep my third base competitive.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

I am interested to see a Gold Glove count on AlecBoy's team, if nothing else that will be quite a figure.
    (fantasy football)
    JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
    DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
    JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Quote Originally Posted by plask_stirlac
    I am interested to see a Gold Glove count on AlecBoy's team, if nothing else that will be quite a figure.
    By my count, after 7 picks, his team has 84 gold gloves.
    Last edited by Westlake; 02-14-2007 at 11:28 PM.

I was frankly amazed Waddell was still available. I would have taken him with my last pick, but with Brett and Mathews disappearing, I felt Santo was a must-pick to keep my third base competitive.
    I was really hoping Santo would be there - you were wise to grab him.

Blog Entries
    Need another pitcher, so:

ADDIE JOSS, 1906

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard
    Need another pitcher, so:

ADDIE JOSS, 1906
    Blast.

I'll take Edgar Martinez
    2002053282.jpg
    and will use his 1996 season.
    Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

I've ignored pitching too long. Ole Lefty can't pitch every game (I assume).

Therefore, I select:

Carl Hubbell : 1934

Minstrel, did we agree that we were going to put that 10-15 minute time limit for tonight, and if you dont make your pick, you're skipped? I think we should finalize that before it starts. Since everyone agreed to be there for it, I dont think it should be a problem, and we certainly don't want to have everyone waiting around for someone to show up after they said they'd be here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie5
    Minstrel, did we agree that we were going to put that 10-15 minute time limit for tonight, and if you dont make your pick, you're skipped? I think we should finalize that before it starts. Since everyone agreed to be there for it, I dont think it should be a problem, and we certainly don't want to have everyone waiting around for someone to show up after they said they'd be here for it.
    I'll be working at that time but logged on. I'll try not to go over 15 min. between picks, and chances are I won't.

Yes, let's make it official, since everyone is in. 15 minute windows per pick during the lightning round.

The other question we need answered is when does the lighting round end? What's the latest time people can continue? I'm on the West Coast, so I doubt I'll be the limiter. I'd ideally like to see it go 2-3 hours, but that may be too much / too late for some, if we're starting at 8 PM on the east.

Sing out with how late you can stay, and we'll determine a stopping point.

Blog Entries
    Since I've got no school tomorrow (and haven't had it since Monday thanks to a snowstorm), I can probably stay on until about 10:30, or 7:30 over there. If I have to leave earlier than that, I'll send somebody a list.

I can pretty much stay as long as necessary.

Yes, let's make it official, since everyone is in. 15 minute windows per pick during the lightning round.

The other question we need answered is when does the lighting round end? What's the latest time people can continue? I'm on the West Coast, so I doubt I'll be the limiter. I'd ideally like to see it go 2-3 hours, but that may be too much / too late for some, if we're starting at 8 PM on the east.

Sing out with how late you can stay, and we'll determine a stopping point.
    9:30 Maximum for me...I have a big test tomorrow, and that takes priority over this (sorry to say).

I think 9:30 should be the cutoff, if we can go any further, we can. Because if we go too long, we are going to be skipping people that weren't aware how long this was supposed to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Westlake
    I think 9:30 should be the cutoff, if we can go any further, we can. Because if we go too long, we are going to be skipping people that weren't aware how long this was supposed to last.
    Okay. Considering Kyle has a test and has to go at 9:30, we'll cut it off there. Which basically means, it's back to eight-hour windows at that point. But if people can stick around and make more picks, excellent.

Okay. Considering Kyle has a test and has to go at 9:30, we'll cut it off there. Which basically means, it's back to eight-hour windows at that point. But if people can stick around and make more picks, excellent.
    I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but if Kyle is the only one who can't do at least two hours, is it possible that he PM someone his picks once he has to leave? Kyle is this possible?

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but if Kyle is the only one who can't do at least two hours, is it possible that he PM someone his picks once he has to leave? Kyle is this possible?
    Yea, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kyle-
    Yea, sure.
    Awesome. I'd be happy to pick for you once you have to leave. Let me know.

What a jerk...

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast