Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 1329

Thread: All-Time Draft: AL Draft

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,250
    Haha, sorry, yeah, 1955.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,185
    7th round pick: Mickey Cochrane, 1931

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,250
    AlecBoy006 picks Jim Kaat.

    He didnt give me a year, I'll tell him that he needs to come on and give one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Willie
    6th round pick: Rube Waddell, 1902

    Next pick is forthcoming
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Willie
    7th round pick: Mickey Cochrane, 1931
    Unbelievable, you took both of my next two picks.

    We shall meet again!
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel
    Unbelievable, you took both of my next two picks.

    We shall meet again!
    LOL. Actually, I really wanted at least one modern player out of that pair, but that particular year for Rube just looked too good to pass up.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Willie
    LOL. Actually, I really wanted at least one modern player out of that pair, but that particular year for Rube just looked too good to pass up.
    I was frankly amazed Waddell was still available. I would have taken him with my last pick, but with Brett and Mathews disappearing, I felt Santo was a must-pick to keep my third base competitive.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

  7. #307
    I am interested to see a Gold Glove count on AlecBoy's team, if nothing else that will be quite a figure.
    (fantasy football)
    JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
    DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
    JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by plask_stirlac
    I am interested to see a Gold Glove count on AlecBoy's team, if nothing else that will be quite a figure.
    By my count, after 7 picks, his team has 84 gold gloves.
    Last edited by Westlake; 02-14-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel
    I was frankly amazed Waddell was still available. I would have taken him with my last pick, but with Brett and Mathews disappearing, I felt Santo was a must-pick to keep my third base competitive.
    I was really hoping Santo would be there - you were wise to grab him.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    9,313
    Blog Entries
    4
    Need another pitcher, so:

    ADDIE JOSS, 1906

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    east MA
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard
    Need another pitcher, so:

    ADDIE JOSS, 1906
    Blast.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    325
    I'll take Edgar Martinez
    2002053282.jpg
    and will use his 1996 season.
    Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

    "There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,640
    I've ignored pitching too long. Ole Lefty can't pitch every game (I assume).

    Therefore, I select:



    Carl Hubbell : 1934
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

  14. #314
    Minstrel, did we agree that we were going to put that 10-15 minute time limit for tonight, and if you dont make your pick, you're skipped? I think we should finalize that before it starts. Since everyone agreed to be there for it, I dont think it should be a problem, and we certainly don't want to have everyone waiting around for someone to show up after they said they'd be here for it.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie5
    Minstrel, did we agree that we were going to put that 10-15 minute time limit for tonight, and if you dont make your pick, you're skipped? I think we should finalize that before it starts. Since everyone agreed to be there for it, I dont think it should be a problem, and we certainly don't want to have everyone waiting around for someone to show up after they said they'd be here for it.
    I'll be working at that time but logged on. I'll try not to go over 15 min. between picks, and chances are I won't.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,640
    Yes, let's make it official, since everyone is in. 15 minute windows per pick during the lightning round.

    The other question we need answered is when does the lighting round end? What's the latest time people can continue? I'm on the West Coast, so I doubt I'll be the limiter. I'd ideally like to see it go 2-3 hours, but that may be too much / too late for some, if we're starting at 8 PM on the east.

    Sing out with how late you can stay, and we'll determine a stopping point.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    9,313
    Blog Entries
    4
    Since I've got no school tomorrow (and haven't had it since Monday thanks to a snowstorm), I can probably stay on until about 10:30, or 7:30 over there. If I have to leave earlier than that, I'll send somebody a list.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,250
    I can pretty much stay as long as necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    east MA
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel
    Yes, let's make it official, since everyone is in. 15 minute windows per pick during the lightning round.

    The other question we need answered is when does the lighting round end? What's the latest time people can continue? I'm on the West Coast, so I doubt I'll be the limiter. I'd ideally like to see it go 2-3 hours, but that may be too much / too late for some, if we're starting at 8 PM on the east.

    Sing out with how late you can stay, and we'll determine a stopping point.
    9:30 Maximum for me...I have a big test tomorrow, and that takes priority over this (sorry to say).

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,250
    I think 9:30 should be the cutoff, if we can go any further, we can. Because if we go too long, we are going to be skipping people that weren't aware how long this was supposed to last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Westlake
    I think 9:30 should be the cutoff, if we can go any further, we can. Because if we go too long, we are going to be skipping people that weren't aware how long this was supposed to last.
    Okay. Considering Kyle has a test and has to go at 9:30, we'll cut it off there. Which basically means, it's back to eight-hour windows at that point. But if people can stick around and make more picks, excellent.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

  22. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel
    Okay. Considering Kyle has a test and has to go at 9:30, we'll cut it off there. Which basically means, it's back to eight-hour windows at that point. But if people can stick around and make more picks, excellent.
    I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but if Kyle is the only one who can't do at least two hours, is it possible that he PM someone his picks once he has to leave? Kyle is this possible?

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    east MA
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie5
    I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but if Kyle is the only one who can't do at least two hours, is it possible that he PM someone his picks once he has to leave? Kyle is this possible?
    Yea, sure.

  24. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kyle-
    Yea, sure.
    Awesome. I'd be happy to pick for you once you have to leave. Let me know.

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie5
    I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but if Kyle is the only one who can't do at least two hours, is it possible that he PM someone his picks once he has to leave? Kyle is this possible?
    What a jerk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •