Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Criminals in Baseball

Blog Entries
    Let's not forget Pinky Higgins, an above-average player, who eventually was Red Sox manager and a front-office man who helped Tom Yawkey enjoy his racist fantasies. He eventually had to deal with a number of black players, as did his boss.

Higgins died shortly after getting out of jail after serving two months of a four-year sentence for drunk driving which resulted in one death and three injuries.

Blog Entries
    Mel Hall, who played for the Cubs, Cleveland Nine, the Yankees and Giants is serving a 45-year prison sentence after being convicted in 2009 on three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Mel Hall, who played for the Cubs, Cleveland Nine, the Yankees and Giants is serving a 45-year prison sentence after being convicted in 2009 on three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child.
    Hall should have been jailed a long time before that, as this story demonstrates.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/58...es-of-mel-hall

Mel also chose to make young Bernie Williams his personal whipping boy on the Yanks, calling him "Zero" and "Bambi" and yelling at him to shut up any time he tried to speak. It is unfathomable to me that the Yanks put up with such behavior from a marginal player.
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234