• mikeymussina35
    Moose!/Diehard Yankee fan
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    Ev'rybody have fun tonight . . .

Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
    ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
    You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

• yankeesrock331
      Prospect
      • Feb 2007

:grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy

Comment

• AutographCollector
        BB Card & Memorabilia Mod
        • Aug 2005

So far everyone is wrong. A few more guesses and I will reveal the answer.
        Hint: This guy hasn't seen a diamond in MANY years.
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

• Yankwood
          Luke Easter
          • May 2006

I'll take a stab at Johnny Kucks.

Comment

• AutographCollector
            BB Card & Memorabilia Mod
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Yankwood
            I'll take a stab at Johnny Kucks.
            The answer is Clarence "Cuddles" Marshall.
            Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

• Old Sweater
              Rox 2007 NL Champs
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by AutographCollector
              Boston Americans: 1901 - 1907
              Boston Red Sox: 1908 - present

Sorry dude, but in the last 100 years, Boston has had TWO names.

If you are getting your information from Baseball Almanac on this it could be misleading. Baseball Almanac currently has the the Boston Americans winning the 1903 WS and the Washington Senators winning the 1924 WS. I went and got a copy of the
              WS page that I copied from Baseball Almanac in 2002 and it has the Boston Pilgrims winning the 1903 WS and the Washington Nationals winning the 1924 WS. Now we all know that the Washington Club was officially the Nationals till the latter 50's then became the Twins in 61 or so.

The WS page changed to the Senators after the new Washington Nationals started. When Boston changed to the Americans form the Pilgrims I have no clue. Just caught it today when I dug up my 2002 copy of the WS winners page from Baseball Almanac. Maybe some of Baseball Fevers members that do work for Baseball Almanac can explain why they switched names since 2002 and the reason why they did, history shouldn't change like that.

This is a good read on the past names for the Boston Red Sox.
              Last edited by Old Sweater; 02-27-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Old Sweater
                Rox 2007 NL Champs
                • Oct 2006

So Auto and Mikey, you still believe that the Red Sox only had 2 names since 1901?

Comment

• mikeymussina35
                  Moose!/Diehard Yankee fan
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Old Sweater
                  So Auto and Mikey, you still believe that the Red Sox only had 2 names since 1901?

Yeahhhh pretty much!!!!
                  Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
                  ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
                  You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                    Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
                    • Jan 2004

Out with it, OS

Check out the list of all major MLB Teams and get the information about their schedule, roster, history, stats, batting, pitching stats and more on Baseball-Reference.com
                    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• Old Sweater
                      Rox 2007 NL Champs
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RuthMayBond

Yeah, same thing that baseball almanac has. Did you read the link I posted?

I'm sure that even baseball reference didn't do as much research as the historian in the link I posted. Like a lot of baseball history, it's who you believe yourself.

Baseball Reference also has the Twins as the Senators and they were the Washinton Nationals for 55 years or so. Look it up.

Comment

• Bigrcube
                        • Jan 2000

Sorry, but I chased this thread back and don't see the post you speak of?!
                        Please repost (I assume a website with info?). THANX, Mark

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                          Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
                          • Jan 2004

Baseball Reference also has the Twins as the Senators and they were the Washinton Nationals for 55 years or so. Look it up.
                          I thought it had them as the same FRANCHISE
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• KingSwisher
                            • Apr 2005

Comment

• KingSwisher
                              • Apr 2005

I'm sure that even baseball reference didn't do as much research as the historian in the link I posted. Like a lot of baseball history, it's who you believe yourself.

1956: After more then 50 years of insisting the team was officially called the Nationals the team finally change its nickname to the more commonly called Senators. The name change does not do anything to save the sinking ship that is Washington Baseball as the club finishes with another woeful 59-95 record, while finishing in 7th Place.

1960: After years of struggling with attendance, and fighting with baseball, and city officials Calvin Griffith the owner of the original Senators gets approval to move. The approval comes as the American League decides to expand 1 year earlier then planned. Part of the approval comes because one of the two expansion teams will be placed in Washington to replace the charter AL franchise that moved to Minnesota. Although the team will pick up the old name Senators, it will be as an expansion team, since the team that moved to Minnesota was allowed to keep its history.
                              Last edited by KingSwisher; 03-01-2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Old Sweater
                                Rox 2007 NL Champs
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Bigrcube
                                Sorry, but I chased this thread back and don't see the post you speak of?!
                                Please repost (I assume a website with info?). THANX, Mark
                                Post #51. Just click on the words Boston Red Sox.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X