Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1965 Rookie draft

I'm a bit surprised he went this early, though. I had him pegged much later in the draft. He only provides 1969 and 1970, then he's a free agent. Granted, the HT rule will help, but someone still might outbid for him, especially with those big seasons he has in 71 and 72. I hope it works out well for you Max, but he'd be too risky for my taste this early!
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Guess that puts JW up. And then me. BTW, Mark, I got your message and will cover if need be.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

OK, I'm here and ready to go at 8PM. That's about 20 minutes by my watch.

OK, I see the Fever clock is still a bit behind. It shows 26 minutes to go. We'll use that as our starting time.

Um, this should be the Redbirds' pick... I traded #14 along with #11 to move up to #6 and grab Davey Johnson.

I may have been mistaken but I didn't think Davey would've lasted until #11... I had him rated as the best infielder by far in this draft (though a couple "utility" players, including Cesar Tovar, aren't that far off)... and we sorely needed a 2B for the future.

And besides, with Johnson and McNally we've gotten back a little Oriole flavor we lost when Brooks left .

Time Check

Anyone else here?

Just letting you know I'm here...kind of. I'm at work, so my attendance my be a bit sporadic. Is there someone I could give a couple names to for my first/second pick just in case?

OK, so that #14 should be the Redbirds pick then. I have Scott's list, but I think we have to wait until 8:05 to see if he posts or not.

Robert - I've got Mark's and Scott's in case they can't be here (in Mark's case, just late; don't know about Scott). If you want to fire me a list, or get it to JW, that'd be fine, since it looks like we're both here.

I'm here, and happy to pick for someone if need be.

Just posting to say that I'm here.

Shoeless checking in

Good, looks like most owners are here! Just a couple more minutes, then it's the Redbirds' pick at #14. As posted above, I'll give Scott until 8:05, then I'll make his pick from the list I have.

Time check

I happen to be here, on the off chance my third round pick comes up.
    "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

It's 8:05, so I'll make Scott's pick from his list.

The Redbirds select pitcher DAROLD KNOWLES.

Welcome, Jim. I'll make my pick momentarily.

The Legends select pitcher

BOB LOCKER

And I'm really surprised he lasted this long!

Mac up, with his pick from the Cannons.

Mac, you're on the clock.

HC is very pleased to be able to select P Steve Hargan

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast