Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1965 Rookie draft

Shoeless checking in

Good, looks like most owners are here! Just a couple more minutes, then it's the Redbirds' pick at #14. As posted above, I'll give Scott until 8:05, then I'll make his pick from the list I have.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Time check
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

I happen to be here, on the off chance my third round pick comes up.
    "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

It's 8:05, so I'll make Scott's pick from his list.

The Redbirds select pitcher DAROLD KNOWLES.

Welcome, Jim. I'll make my pick momentarily.

The Legends select pitcher

BOB LOCKER

And I'm really surprised he lasted this long!

Mac up, with his pick from the Cannons.

Mac, you're on the clock.

HC is very pleased to be able to select P Steve Hargan

Great pick, Mac. I'm a bit surprised Hargan lasted this long as well, but there were a LOT of good pitchers in this draft. I'm not happy,and Mark won't be either.

GAMBLERS ON THE CLOCK.

Anyone know if Dudecar is on tonight?

Looks like he isn't here.

Wil, if you're here, please make your pick.

OK, it's been seven minutes. We'll move along, and the Gamblers can make that pick when they have the chance.

PIRATES ARE ON THE CLOCK.

Blog Entries
    I'm here... though if the plan is to only go three rounds, I don't know why I'm here.

I actually gave Bob Locker an "A" grade, one of only two in this draft (the other being Jenkins). I may have fell for the "drafting for need" problem but that's a great pick Lew.

With Hargan gone, I only have one player left with a "B" grade... good job again drafting guys.

Hey, Jason, you wanna PM me the name of the player you have graded B?

Blog Entries
    Locker was one of the three guys I was debating over when I took Hiller. Still one of them left.

I know Robert (Edgartohof) checked in, but he said he was at work and would be in and out. I'll give him a couple more minutes, then make my pick.

Posted by Dan:
    Locker was one of the three guys I was debating over when I took Hiller. Still one of them left.
    Yeah, but the one I think is your third choice will be gone soon. Not by me, but I think he's on Mark's list.

Wait, I have Edgar's pick

Pitates pick P Larry Jaster.

You making it for Edgar, Mac? I have it listed as his pick. You do have a couple more coming up soon.

OK, I had Jaster on my list, but much further down. Thanks for getting that in, Mac.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast