Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Braves Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan 07 View Post
    - - 1992 - -
    Amazing, isn't it?

Joe Adcock held this record for 48 years until Shawn Green broke it in 2002. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Amazing, isn't it?

Joe Adcock held this record for 48 years until Shawn Green broke it in 2002. What was it?

Most total bases by one player in one MLB game.
    28 year SABR member.

Yep yep! Shawn Green's going to hold it for a long long time.

Three Braves players have more than 140 strikeouts in a season. Andruw Jones and Dale Murphy are two of them. Who is the other, who once held the record until Jones broke it?

i believe it's the big cat andres galaragga
    Lakewood Blueclaws From my home town Lakewood,nj
    are the SAL champs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yanks08701 View Post
    i believe it's the big cat andres galaragga
    And I believe you are right.

He was my favorite Brave batter when he signed with Atlanta. First base after him was brutal until Julio Franco and Adam LaRoche came along.

This pitcher, who was once part of a very famous Detroit Tiger team (hint hint), was brought on in the middle of the 1991 season and used as a long reliever. He was quite brutal, only participating in one win and had just four scoreless outings, though he pitched 2 or more innings in each stint. Who was he?
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 05-07-2007 at 02:34 PM.

He was my favorite Brave batter when he signed with Atlanta. First base after him was brutal until Julio Franco and Adam LaRoche came along.

This pitcher, who was once part of a very famous Detroit Tiger team (hint hint), was brought on in the middle of the 1991 season and used as a long reliever. He was quite brutal, only participating in one win and had just four scoreless outings, though he pitched 2 or more innings in each stint. Who was he?

Like Robert Fick?

I will never forget that guy for as long as I live.
    Wahoo! Baseballs!

John Smoltz?
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Quote Originally Posted by AznInvasion View Post
    John Smoltz?
    Nope. I'll admit, this one is a little obscure. I wanted to try something harder. The hint is the Detroit Tigers part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger Black and Blue View Post
    Like Robert Fick?

I will never forget that guy for as long as I live.
    Yep, just like Robert Fick. He was fine during the year, but that incident in the playoffs with Eric Karros, pure thuggery.

Dan Petry, who pitched for the 1984 Tigers
    Last Player to hit for the Cycle: Michael Cuddyer, Colorado Rockies (August 17, 2014)

Last Pitcher to throw a Regular Season No-Hitter: Jordan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals (September 28, 2014)

Last Pitcher to throw a Postseason No-Hitter: Roy Halladay, Philadelphia Phillies 4-0 (October 6, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Dan Petry, who pitched for the 1984 Tigers
    Good job!

When Jarrod Saltalamacchia set the record for longest name in MLB history, he beat out a former Brave, who once infamously said that the Braves would fail without him after he was traded to the Marlins. Who was it?

12. Tim Spooneybarger (13 letters... wow!)
    Go Braves!
    Random team:
    Get your team's sig at madstatter.com!

Yes, sir!

As of this moment, only two players have career OBPs of .400 in Braves history. Chipper Jones is one. Who is the other?

14. Well, this might be a stretch, but is it Willie Harris? Right now he has .500 OBP, and it's his first year with the Braves...
    Go Braves!
    Random team:
    Get your team's sig at madstatter.com!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzychad View Post
    Well, this might be a stretch, but is it Willie Harris? Right now he has .500 OBP, and it's his first year with the Braves...
    *laughs* Good answer, but that's not really what I'm looking for. The guy I'm thinking of played a LOT longer.

Yes, sir!

As of this moment, only two players have career OBPs of .400 in Braves history. Chipper Jones is one. Who is the other?
    It took me a long time to think of it, but it has to be Billy Hamilton.
    "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
    -Casey Stengel

Quote Originally Posted by cbenson5 View Post
    It took me a long time to think of it, but it has to be Billy Hamilton.
    Yep! That's pretty crazy. I wonder if people will soon realize Chipper Jones's greatness.

One of the most infamous brawls in Braves history occured when Phillies pitcher Wally Richtie plunked this Braves player leading off in the eighth innning of a 7-3 game, and he kicked Richtie so hard, he got his cleats caught in Richtie's jersey and ripped it. Who was this Braves player?

6/4/91 @ Atlanta

One of the most infamous brawls in Braves history occured when Phillies pitcher Wally Richtie plunked this Braves player leading off in the eighth innning of a 7-3 game, and he kicked Richtie so hard, he got his cleats caught in Richtie's jersey and ripped it. Who was this Braves player?
    Otis "My Man" Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Dog View Post
    Otis "My Man" Nixon

Yep! That's the picture I had in mind too.

Another brawl question: In 1998, this Braves player was getting sick and tired of being plunked (He had 25 HBP in 1998, a career high). When Darren Dreifort, the Dodgers hurler on August 22, plunked him, the Braves player rushed the mound and took a wild swing, and Dreifort ducked. Both benches cleared, and the Brave was ejected. Dreifort was not ejected, but he had to leave the game with a cut on his hand. Who was the Brave?

Another brawl question: In 1998, this Braves player was getting sick and tired of being plunked (He had 25 HBP in 1998, a career high). When Darren Dreifort, the Dodgers hurler on August 22, plunked him, the Braves player rushed the mound and took a wild swing, and Dreifort ducked. Both benches cleared, and the Brave was ejected. Dreifort was not ejected, but he had to leave the game with a cut on his hand. Who was the Brave?

Andres Galarraga

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Dog View Post
    Andres Galarraga

Darn you and your cool photos. I was actually at that game. We had the video camera. Dad recorded Walt Weiss. I told him to get it out for Galarraga. He didn't. Then the brawl happened. I let him have it the rest of the game.

What former Brave had connections with the Minneapolis team of the independent Prarie League that allowed the Braves to trade 24 bats and 72 baseballs for pitcher Kerry Ligtenberg?

It reminded me once that once a pitcher had an altercation with a Braves catcher, and ended up in a ugly brawl, years later, they ended up teammates.

Who were they?
    Last Player to hit for the Cycle: Michael Cuddyer, Colorado Rockies (August 17, 2014)

Last Pitcher to throw a Regular Season No-Hitter: Jordan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals (September 28, 2014)

Last Pitcher to throw a Postseason No-Hitter: Roy Halladay, Philadelphia Phillies 4-0 (October 6, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    It reminded me once that once a pitcher had an altercation with a Braves catcher, and ended up in a ugly brawl, years later, they ended up teammates.

Who were they?
    I have noooooooo clue.

I'll give you a hint, it was the pitcher's only year in Atlanta.

Was it anyone of significance?

And was my question too easy? :P
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 05-15-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast