Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103

Thread: Braves Trivia

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by cbenson5 View Post
    I believe the answer is Tommy Aaron.
    Yeah. It's Tommie Aaron. I believe he did it in an exhibition game in 1965.

    I'm utterly convinced of it, even though I can find no proof. It's so weird.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by cbenson5 View Post
    Eddie Mathews
    Noooooope. I said club, not franchise.

    Try again.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Noooooope. I said club, not franchise.

    Try again.
    Ok, David Justice?
    Last edited by cbenson5; 04-27-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
    -Casey Stengel

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by cbenson5 View Post
    Ok, David Justice?
    *Alex Trebek* Ooooooo, almost. One homer off.

    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    On a lake in Texas
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    *BUMP* Lets add another one.

    Andruw Jones holds the single-season club record for homers by a right-handed hitter. (51, 2005)
    Chipper Jones holds the single-season club record for homers by a switch-hitter. (45, 1999)

    Who holds the single-season club record for homers by a left-handed hitter?
    Darrell Evans
    Hot ziggity dog and sassafras tea! - Loel Passe

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrittain56 View Post
    Darrell Evans
    Yessir.

    Forty-one of them in 1973.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    No Retrosheet for this one:

    In the 13th game of the Braves' 13-game win streak to start 1982, the game could have ended on a double play in the 9th, but Brett Butler's batted ball hit a Braves runner as he ran from second to third. The Braves' backup catcher was called out and the Braves found new life. Jim Kern threw a wild pitch, advancing Rafael Ramirez to third and Butler to second. Biff Pocoroba was intentionally walked and Claudell Washington slapped a two-run single to center to win the game.

    Who was the runner who was called out for interference?
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    On a lake in Texas
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    No Retrosheet for this one:

    In the 13th game of the Braves' 13-game win streak to start 1982, the game could have ended on a double play in the 9th, but Brett Butler's batted ball hit a Braves runner as he ran from second to third. The Braves' backup catcher was called out and the Braves found new life. Jim Kern threw a wild pitch, advancing Rafael Ramirez to third and Butler to second. Biff Pocoroba was intentionally walked and Claudell Washington slapped a two-run single to center to win the game.

    Who was the runner who was called out for interference?

    Matt Sinatro?
    Hot ziggity dog and sassafras tea! - Loel Passe

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrittain56 View Post
    Matt Sinatro?
    You got it! I think he's a coach for the Cubs now.

    Bobby Cox holds the National League record for most All-Star Games lost. How many losses has he managed?
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    You got it! I think he's a coach for the Cubs now.

    Bobby Cox holds the National League record for most All-Star Games lost. How many losses has he managed?
    How many losses overall? or How losses as manger of the All star team?
    Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

    "There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan View Post
    How many losses overall? or How losses as manger of the All star team?
    How many losses as manager of the NL All-Stars.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Littleton, Colorado
    Posts
    3,122
    Guessing 8.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sweater View Post
    Guessing 8.
    Oh, if only that were true.

    Hint: Remember how All-Star managers are selected.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hatillo, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2,170
    Bobby Cox is 1-4 in All-Star Games, his only win came in 1996 in Philly.
    Last Player to hit for the Cycle: Matt Kemp, San Diego Padres (August 14, 2015)

    Last Pitcher to throw a Regular Season No-Hitter: Max Scherzer, Washington Nationals 2-0 (October 3, 2015)

    Last Pitcher to throw a Postseason No-Hitter: Roy Halladay, Philadelphia Phillies 4-0 (October 6, 2010)

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Bobby Cox is 1-4 in All-Star Games, his only win came in 1996 in Philly.
    Yessir.

    Who hit the first home run in the All-Star Game as a member of the Braves?

    Hint: He was an MVP.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  16. Max West in 1940 for the Boston Braves
    Go Braves!
    Random team:
    Get your team's sig at madstatter.com!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Whoops. Missed him. And here, I thought it was Bob Elliott. That's correct.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    What Brave first baseman holds the record for appearing in the most Division Series?
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    What Brave first baseman holds the record for appearing in the most Division Series?
    Doesn't Chipper Jones have the record with 11

  20. I don't think Chipper ever played first base... perhaps you're thinking third?

    Fred McGriff had 5, but I'm thinking it's not that easy....
    Go Braves!
    Random team:
    Get your team's sig at madstatter.com!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •