Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Chicago Cubs Schedule/Results...

Impressive work by starting pitching. The pieces to a divisional win are there. And once you get into Oct. anything is possible because the team that heats up will run with it.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
    Impressive work by starting pitching. The pieces to a divisional win are there. And once you get into Oct. anything is possible because the team that heats up will run with it.
    See: 2006 Cardinals

I think they need to fix their speed gun, it said the pitch that hit Lee was 104 mph. lol.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
    I think they need to fix their speed gun, it said the pitch that hit Lee was 104 mph. lol.
    The guns been slow all series by about 2-3 mph. I watched much of the game (thanks MLB.tv) but didn't see what you're talking about. Are you sure the pitch Lee hit wasn't registered off his swing?

Other than that we might have saw what Lou's lefty lineup is going to be, Soriano-Theriot-Lee-Ram-DeRosa-Barrett-Murton-SS-P. Leaving him with two big lefties off the bench in Jones and Floyd.

Wade Miller pitched like I thought he would...
    Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-08-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    Are you sure the pitch Lee hit wasn't registered off his swing?

He was talking about the pitch that hit Lee, not a pitch that Lee hit.

Despite jumping out to a 5 run lead today, we gave it back in the 5th. Carlos was ugly, Ohman walked in two runs, if it wasn't for Wuertz striking out the side with the bases loaded we'd be losing by more than just 6-5 at this point.
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

I predicted Wuertz to have a really good year this year. Hope he proves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scartissue View Post
    I predicted Wuertz to have a really good year this year. Hope he proves me right.
    Well before this, there was alot of trade talk surrounding Wuertz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    Well before this, there was alot of trade talk surrounding Wuertz.
    I'm really glad they didn't trade him. We need solid right-handed relief. I don't trust Dempster and Guzman. Didn't expect Howry to do so poorly (although it's too early to get on him).

I'm really glad they didn't trade him. We need solid right-handed relief. I don't trust Dempster and Guzman. Didn't expect Howry to do so poorly (although it's too early to get on him).
    If Miller doesn't get his act together pronto, you'll likely see Guzman get a spot start or two with Miller in the pen. As for Howry, I'm not going to ride him yet, his track record speaks for itself.

Ohman Sucks. Period.
    Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

That was a much better game today. The Cubs got out to a big lead, and they didn't blow it! Hill was awesome, as usual. Nice to see Soriano get his first RBI, too.

Blog Entries
    yea it was really really nice to add some green to the schedule... Green = a win!
    BELIEVE

Great pitcher's duel today, too bad the Cubs came out the loser with Theriot collecting 3 of the teams' four hits, and outhitting the Reds (2 hits). This was probably the Lilly's best pitched game as a Cubby thus far, that curve was nasty and the fastball was locating. He just had one bad stretch, and the Cubs couldn't capitalize on countless opportunities; they had Soriano on third and Theriot on 1st with no outs and the heart of the lineup up yet still couldn't score.

I don't know if Lilly was trying to pitch around Conine in the 4th, but with Phillips on second and first base open, he probably should have. Conine was (or is now) 7 of 23 against Lilly (.304) in his career and the Junior, a lefty, was on deck.

Must give credit to Lohse though, he consistently painted the outside corner throughout the day and The Riot was the only Cub who was hitting it (if he hadn't hit that ball so hard in the 6th, they might still be playing because Soriano could have made it home).
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

If the Cubs have to lose, at least it was a great game to watch. I'd much rather see 1-0 games than shootouts. I was encouraged by the Cubs' pitching--the Reds have a solid lineup. This year's pitching thus far overall has been better than I expected, but the hitting's been worse than I expected.

Because of how hard hits were to come by, I was hoping to see Jones bunt with Soriano at third and Theriot at first with no outs. At a minimum, it would have put Theriot on second and either scored Soriano or put Jones at first. I guess they didn't want to do a suicide squeeze two days in a row. Also, I'm not sure how good Jones is at bunting.

I know it is still early in the season, but can anyone else see that The Riot should be hitting leadoff. I know that he is not a regular, but he is excitement. He reminds me of the player that the late '80s Pistons had nicknamed "The Microwave". Vinny something I think. Anyhow, is there anyway besides for injuries that you all can see The Riot in the lineup full time?

Third base and first are out of the question. Second is unlikely anytime soon this year. Shortstop is too important defensively, and Izturis makes up for his lack of offensive production with his defense. He won't take Soriano's spot, so you are really left with him playing a corner outfield spot. It's hard to say that he's better offensively than Murton and Floyd (a healthy Floyd can really smack it).

I would have liked Theriot at second, because overall I think he'll do as well if not better than DeRosa, and at a better price. However, the Cubs committed to DeRosa. The good [?] news is that over the course of the season, someone will get hurt. Theriot plays enough positions that he's likely the next guy in the lineup unless it's Barrett that gets hurt.

Let's hope Lou remembers to take Ohman out against righties when the game is tighter. I'm hoping Ohman was left in against Giles because he had a big cushion, and would have known better if the lead was smaller.

Let's hope Lou remembers to take Ohman out against righties when the game is tighter. I'm hoping Ohman was left in against Giles because he had a big cushion, and would have known better if the lead was smaller.
    mopup duty. i think that will end up being ohman's job from now on.

and i hope soriano isnt out any significant time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    mopup duty. i think that will end up being ohman's job from now on.

and i hope soriano isnt out any significant time.
    Keep us updated on what the radio is saying about Soriano.

I think at this time if they called someone up it would likely be Pagan. But who knows.

I just dont think they are going to push Pie to come up, just to be sent back down in 2 weeks.
    BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by CubsHub View Post
    Keep us updated on what the radio is saying about Soriano.

I think at this time if they called someone up it would likely be Pagan. But who knows.

I just dont think they are going to push Pie to come up, just to be sent back down in 2 weeks.
    well, if hes day to day as the initial reports said, no need to worry about the DL.

and no, if worse came to worst, i cant see Pie being the one called up as Jones would probably cover centerfield with the revolving guys in left and right.

If Miller fails today, I'd rather he fail spectacularly. If he's not the guy for the fifth spot, then I want him out soon.

I'm not liking the move to Eyre....

is it asking too much for murton to pay the hell attention on the diamond? no excuse for him not coming home on that pitch that went to the backstop. and then of course, theriot has to GIDP (on a nice play)

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast