X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • E.Banks#14
    Hall of Fame is a shame
    • Jan 2005

I liked Lou's visit to Dempster on the mound during the 9th, which went something along the lines of, "You've got a ****ing 3 run lead! Throw some ****ing strikes!" I don't know if that changed the way Demp was pitching, but it was to see a little bit of Lou's serious, no-messing-around attitude, something we didn't see much of during the spring games.

But even better was the way Lou embraced Ryan after the game, along with all the other players.

I didn't get to see the whole game, but I liked what I did see. Good job by the bullpen and Lilly. Good job by the offense to get 4 runs on a cold day.

Originally posted by rockin500
    and theriot got some time in left. he looked a bit shaky, but he got the job done!
    It looked pretty windy (I think I heard Santo say winds were at about 20mph?), but even so, I don't feel confident about him in the outfield yet, I'll have to see some more.
    Last edited by E.Banks#14; 04-04-2007, 09:15 PM.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

• Bob Sacamento
      Stats dont lie except def
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by E.Banks#14 View Post
      It looked pretty windy (I think I heard Santo say winds were at about 20mph?), but even so, I don't feel confident about him in the outfield yet, I'll have to see some more.
      Well the defensively inept Dunn was out there in left for Cincy and he didn't have any problems, nothing like Theriot's in the 9th.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

• rockin500
        Cubs Fan
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
        Well the defensively inept Dunn was out there in left for Cincy and he didn't have any problems, nothing like Theriot's in the 9th.
        no, he saved that for today, too bad the cubs left him off the hook.

Comment

• Cubsfan97
          Im for the Cubs!
          • Aug 2005

Well, hopefully Milwaukee will bring more sucess, maybe warmer climate will bring bats alive.
          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

• Bob Sacamento
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
            no, he saved that for today, too bad the cubs left him off the hook.
            It was only a matter of time before Dunn started to make defensive miscues, even in the least defensively demanding position. But his bat is so potent that it'll outweigh what little runs he is responsible for with his poor D.

As for the Cubby offense, it's nice to see us putting the bat on the ball, which has led to a bunch of singles. But our leader in extrabase hits is Izturis (2 doubles on Thursday), and we're playing in the one of the best offensive parks in the NL.

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
            Well, hopefully Milwaukee will bring more sucess, maybe warmer climate will bring bats alive.
            Depending on the temp in WI, the Brewers will close the roof on Miller Park, so a more tolerable climate is in line. The Brewers have had the roof closed in all three home games thus far. Our pitching competition isn't getting easier in that we'll face Bush, Sheets, and Capuano against Hill, Zambrano, and Miller.
            It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

• rockin500
              Cubs Fan
              • Jan 2003

It was only a matter of time before Dunn started to make defensive miscues, even in the least defensively demanding position. But his bat is so potent that it'll outweigh what little runs he is responsible for with his poor D.

As for the Cubby offense, it's nice to see us putting the bat on the ball, which has led to a bunch of singles. But our leader in extrabase hits is Izturis (2 doubles on Thursday), and we're playing in the one of the best offensive parks in the NL.

Depending on the temp in WI, the Brewers will close the roof on Miller Park, so a more tolerable climate is in line. The Brewers have had the roof closed in all three home games thus far. Our pitching competition isn't getting easier in that we'll face Bush, Sheets, and Capuano against Hill, Zambrano, and Miller.
              bob the fabled "offensive park" in cincinatti does not exist in cold weather. Then it plays neutral.

as for the roof being closed in milwaukee, that is the case for anything below 60 degrees or thereabouts. its going to be in the low 20's tonight (they cancelled the game at comiskey tonight)

Comment

• rockin500
                Cubs Fan
                • Jan 2003

lord was rich hill good tonight. 7 IP, 1 hit (the homer), and more importantly ZERO walks.

the error by ramirez was no error as Lee wasnt off the bag (even the commentators said that, and i was watching on milwaukee TV). Hill was impressive getting out of the jam there in the 6th.

bout damned time the offense showed up.

Comment

• E.Banks#14
                  Hall of Fame is a shame
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                  lord was rich hill good tonight. 7 IP, 1 hit (the homer), and more importantly ZERO walks.

the error by ramirez was no error as Lee wasnt off the bag (even the commentators said that, and i was watching on milwaukee TV). Hill was impressive getting out of the jam there in the 6th.

bout damned time the offense showed up.
                  I was at the game tonight, Hill was certainly dealing. Some stupid Cubs fan behind mentioned the no-no a few minutes before the homer :dismay: ... I think he'll be getting a subpoena from kangaroo court in the near future. Hill's curveball was its usual self, making the Brew Crew look silly, but even more important is that he was controlling his fastball. Rich kept his pitch count low (for most of the game he was averaging 10 pitches per inning), and stayed ahead in the count on nearly every hitter.

And you're right, the E-5 was no E-5, Derrek most definitely kept his foot on the bag, and everyone in Miller Park besides the first base ump knew it.

DeRosa, Rammy, Floyd, and D Lee are hitting exceptionally well in these first four games, hopefully they'll stay hot.

On a side note, Angel Guzman, who gave up 2 runs in 2 innings of relief, may still be getting some rookie hazing (even though he logged 56 innings last year in the majors), as he walked alone from the dugout to the right field bullpen after batting practice, carrying a pink and purple backpack, possibly Hello Kitty.
                  A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

• otis89
                    • Apr 2005

Nice to see the Cubs finally found their offense. Hill was awesome!

Comment

• rockin500
                      Cubs Fan
                      • Jan 2003

another solid outing by the pitching staff. zambrano wasnt stellar, but he was good enough to beat ben sheets.

Comment

• Whitesoxnut
                        • May 2006

Impressive work by starting pitching. The pieces to a divisional win are there. And once you get into Oct. anything is possible because the team that heats up will run with it.
                        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

• otis89
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
                          Impressive work by starting pitching. The pieces to a divisional win are there. And once you get into Oct. anything is possible because the team that heats up will run with it.
                          See: 2006 Cardinals

Comment

• Cubsfan97
                            Im for the Cubs!
                            • Aug 2005

I think they need to fix their speed gun, it said the pitch that hit Lee was 104 mph. lol.
                            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

• Bob Sacamento
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
                              I think they need to fix their speed gun, it said the pitch that hit Lee was 104 mph. lol.
                              The guns been slow all series by about 2-3 mph. I watched much of the game (thanks MLB.tv) but didn't see what you're talking about. Are you sure the pitch Lee hit wasn't registered off his swing?

Other than that we might have saw what Lou's lefty lineup is going to be, Soriano-Theriot-Lee-Ram-DeRosa-Barrett-Murton-SS-P. Leaving him with two big lefties off the bench in Jones and Floyd.

Wade Miller pitched like I thought he would...
                              Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-08-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• otis89
                                • Apr 2005

Are you sure the pitch Lee hit wasn't registered off his swing?

He was talking about the pitch that hit Lee, not a pitch that Lee hit.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X