Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Chicago Cubs Schedule/Results...

That's a fair comparision, everyone hates Jacque but doesn't have a reason why.
    The reason "why" is because he's hanging out in RF and the RF bleachers have always been, traditionally, a mean spirited group. Actually all 3 bleachers have had their own distinct personalities, always did. CF is more a "hey dude, lets get some sun" crowd and while they are still into the game they have removed themselves to the fringes on purpose in order to get some sun, and, to emotionally detach themselves from the game.

LF has always had the most devout of Wrigley's fans. Having been a mini-bleacher bum myself back in the 60's and 70's I know, believe me. The LF fans are the types who would cheer the team on no matter what. They are also atypically lazy, happy, supportive, and most of the time Drunk!

In RF they drink heavily too but aren't socialized as well as the other two bleachers. When I saw them tossing crap onto the field last year it was typical RF behavior. There have always been a lot of hecklers in RF and a lot of mean spirited drunks. Unfortunately Jones is stuck out there and he doesn't have the kind of support Murton gets in LF.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

nice to see that Derrek finally got on the board in the homerun department. hes been hot, but just needed the long ball to complete the package (had two doubles today too)

Man Theriot is ugly as a SS. He's already allowed 2 hits (single btwn him and ARam that should have scored Edmonds, infield single to Eckstein in 3rd that led to StL run) that a regular league average SS would have had.
    Last edited by RBi; 04-27-2007 at 09:50 PM. Reason: sorry language
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

I agree he should have had the one that Edmonds hit. I thought the play on Eckstein was tough though, I thought he did pretty good just getting to it. I was more upset with him chasing that 3-2 pitch in the first. The only pitch he swings at in the at bat and it's almost eye level.

impressive job by dempster tonight though. about the toughest save you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    impressive job by dempster tonight though. about the toughest save you can get.
    Exactly what I thought, he really impressed me tonight. It also gives credence that bringing in the closer (aka the best reliever) in other than the 9th is helpful to a team achieving victory.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Shocking that Dempster is pitching well since he's getting regular playing time. Dusty, are you paying attention?

On ESPN a week ago, I saw a side by side comparison of Zman's delivery between last year and this year, and it is noticeably different. The analysts were saying that as a result, his ball is more flat this year, and it's hurting him. I don't know if that's the problem, but something isn't right about Zman this year. Let's hope he gets going today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scartissue View Post
    On ESPN a week ago, I saw a side by side comparison of Zman's delivery between last year and this year, and it is noticeably different. The analysts were saying that as a result, his ball is more flat this year, and it's hurting him. I don't know if that's the problem, but something isn't right about Zman this year. Let's hope he gets going today.
    looks like he had it figured out today.

still, about his delivery: he has always had different armslots and some of them arent good for his location. what was good about today's game was that he had no walks given up (only 2 k's, but thats alright, as long as the walks are nonexistent)

Some healthy signs as of this moment (just checked on MLB's site):

-Cubs are number 1 in NL in WHIPs (a stat I've always liked).
    -Cubs are number 4 in NL in ERA.
    -Cubs are number 7 in NL in average runs scored.
    -Cubs are number 5 in NL in batting average.

If the Cubs can keep it up, this has to translate into a winning record eventually.

It was pretty obvious that Z's armslot was consistently low... he wasn't just mixing the angles up like he had done in the past. I didn't get to watch the game today, but it looks encouraging.

For all you Hank White fan club members, all three of Carlos' starts that Hank has caught have been good performances. April 7th at Milwaukee (W), April 23 vs. Milwaukee (ND - Cubs lose 5-4), and Saturday's game (W). I think we can sacrifice Barrett's bat once every five days if it means we will get these kind of performances from Z.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

It'll be interesting to see how this year's Cubs lineup does against Duke tonight, who has owned the Cubs in his short career. This despite the fact that the Cubs' lineups in the last couple of years were heavy on the right-handed hitters.

We could field an entire lineup of righties tonight, with the exception of one leftie bat out of the outfield and Hill, although that hasn't helped in the past. They should definitely sit Jones, and probably Floyd, in favor of Murton. Pie I'd keep in for defense.

I like the mix of pitches Barrett calls when he catches Hill. I would think that for a pitcher like Hill, pitch selection is very helpful.

is it asking too much for the infield to learn how to field a bunt? (and for lilly to stay upright?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    is it asking too much for the infield to learn how to field a bunt? (and for lilly to stay upright?)
    no joke... did it rain there today?
    BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by CubsHub View Post
    no joke... did it rain there today?
    not yet, as it was in the 80's there its supposed to rain though later.

in a heavy rain, cliff floyd hit a shot that landed in the water.

edit: i just hope they didnt wait too long to make their comeback as its supposed to storm late into the night. Hopefully they can finish the game.
    Last edited by rockin500; 05-01-2007 at 06:33 PM.

If this game is called, it will be resumed before the game tomorrow since the Pirates haven't had a chance to bat in the bottom of the 7th.

and they get the win, 8-6 a day later. dempster with a 4 out save.

And they win the scheduled game today 7-1! This is the type of consistent offense we've expected! They scored 4 runs off a pitcher who had been doing good, too!

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast