• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riverfrontier
    cracker/jacker
    • Feb 2006

Reds new uniforms

What does anybody/everybody think about them? I don't like the front piping like every other team on the block has, but they're going back to the 70s-80s era front logo, and I like that. An all white, button up jersey would have been my choice.
    smoker
  • POLO GROUNDS 1957
    • Jun 2004

Uniforms

I rather liked the slevve less uniforms that looked like the 1960s uniform that they had then. but most teams today it seems uses to much black color in there uniform or hats.
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

• riverfrontier
      cracker/jacker
      • Feb 2006

Hey D. I'm going to have to agree with you there. I liked the pinstripes, and I saw no reason to change the uniforms. I had heard (months ago) that the Reds were changing the black in their uniforms to navy blue, but I haven't seen the road uniforms yet, so I don't know. Good to hear from you, and if you harbor any hard feelings from (my) past posts, I know that you know that I know that you know we are passionate posters. Now, quickly, let's get out of this forum before nobody notices.
      smoker

Comment

• redlegsfan21
        • Aug 2004

I actually like them. Nice classic look. It definitely looks like the 1970s uniforms. I wish they didn't change the alternate because the white strip doesn't look right. To anyone who hasn't seen the new uniforms. The Reds' Photo Gallery is on the following link: http://www.mlb.com/cin/photogallery/...cf1749370.html
        Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• EricDavis
          • Feb 2007

I like them. They seem classic.
          Visit My Blog
          Projects:
          1994 Topps Finest - Autographed set - Don't expect the whole set but I want as many as I can get.

Comment

• BeatEmBucs
            • Feb 2005

The new unis are nice....but why did they put that god-awful mustache back on Mr Red? IMO Mr.Red looks best clean shaven. Maybe you guys can get Rollie Fingers as your mascot this season
            LETS GO BUCS!!

Comment

• brewcrew82
              Mod against IL play!
              • Jan 2000

Like Polo, I was never a fan of the Reds sleeveless jerseys (actually I really don't like sleeveless jerseys at all!) but I really like the current uniforms.
              I cannot really pick fault with them (even the mustacioed Mr Redleg looks cool), though I think the road grey jersey is the weakest of the three.
              RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

• redlegsfan21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
                The new unis are nice....but why did they put that god-awful mustache back on Mr Red? IMO Mr.Red looks best clean shaven. Maybe you guys can get Rollie Fingers as your mascot this season
                You should know that Mr. Redlegs (mustache) came before Mr. Red. We just brought him back.

Mr. Redlegs came in 1960 while Mr. Reds came out in 1972.
                Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• 1chelle
                  • Mar 2007

I kind of like the new jerseys, they are a lot nicer than that pinstripe thing they use to wear.

Comment

• MaxLaird
                    • Apr 2007

Any jersey that brings back Mr. Redlegs is alright by me.

Comment

• Phantom Dreamer
                      Bring Back The Trident
                      • Nov 2012

If the Reds were smart, they would bring back the pullover jersey along with pants with sansabelts. They've never looked better. Love the stripes.
                      Attached Files
                      The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

• Phantom Dreamer
                        Bring Back The Trident
                        • Nov 2012

The last year the Reds wore v-neck pullover jerseys and elastic waistband pants was 1992. It may be coincidence but it would be interesting to see MLB's racial demographics then compared to today. You look more like an athlete wearing pullover jerseys and sansabelt pants than wearing a conservative button-down jersey and pajamaesque belted pants. There's just no comparison.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                          2005 World Series Champs
                          • Jun 2010

Cinncinatti reds remake.jpg

This was sent in by the creater of the 1980s Whitesox uniforms.
                          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• jerseygary
                            • Sep 2009

Definitely looks like that guy was a one-trick-pony! Those things look the same as his Sox design with the Reds logo slapped on!
                            See My Baseball Card Project: www.infinitecardset.blogspot.com

See My Vintage Sports Posters: www.cieradkowskidesign.blogspot.com

Comment

• Phantom Dreamer
                              Bring Back The Trident
                              • Nov 2012

Numbers on pants don't work.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X