Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1970

Thread: NY METS Regular Season 2007 Thread

well met fans who would you like to win, me i'm for the cubs first, then the phils. either of these teams against the red sox or yanks would be a fun series.

I'm pulling for the Cubs. I'll only root for the Phillies if it's them and the Yankees in the WS. In which case will become physically ill.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Good luck cubs. Hopefully you win. YOu are the only ones who suffer more than met fans. However i won't be watching the postseason.

Blog Entries
    A couple of things from a moderator's perspective. First: If you're a fan of another team, it's lousy form at best to go into another team's forum at a moment like this to talk smack. At worst, it's blatant provocation which will earn you a vacation from the site. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!. Second, while I understand this is a traumatic event for Mets' fans, this site remains a family friendly one frequented by youth. As such, language beyond PG is prohibited regardless of your despair.

Jim Albright
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jalbright View Post
    A couple of things from a moderator's perspective. First: If you're a fan of another team, it's lousy form at best to go into another team's forum at a moment like this to talk smack. At worst, it's blatant provocation which will earn you a vacation from the site. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!. Second, while I understand this is a traumatic event for Mets' fans, this site remains a family friendly one frequented by youth. As such, language beyond PG is prohibited regardless of your despair.

Jim Albright
    Thanks.

May I suggest Tom Glavine take his *PG rated* back to Atlanta.

What a pitiful performance for a "Hall of Famer". Way to come up real small Tommy. Your time here has been a disaster.

Blog Entries
    "Fire Willie!!!!!!!!"

For pitching Tom Glavine? Oh please...

You can be sure this was Glavine's swan song with the Mets, though...
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Willie instilled a sense of arrogance and entitlement. They thought that they would win the division no matter what. Remember one of Willie's post game? He said the slump would only make the champagne taste sweeter. I guess he is talking about the champagne he got the team for dinner tonight.

Willie is the wrong manager for this team. Bash Bobby V all you want, compare this team to 1999 and 2000. 2007 beats them hands down and yet they're not even in the playoffs. Omar and the Wilpons like Bobby. One of the ushers near my seats talked to him when they fired Howe and he said it wasn't the right time. Maybe it is now and I would love it. Get a real manager, not a 3B coach.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Blog Entries
    "Omar and the Wilpons like Bobby."

How did you come up with THIS? Seriously, there was a reason Omar passed him over. Also, remember, he was Nelson Doubleday's guy. Fred Wilpon (and eventually Jeff Wilpon) didn't want anything to do with him.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

It's what my dad had told me. He said that Franco, Leiter, and Glavine were the reason Wilpon fired Bobby.

Blog Entries
    You do realize that Omar was with the Expos when Bobby V. got fired, correct? And that he turned down another job application for Bobby V. when looking for managerial candidates to replace Art Howe very early on.

"He said that Franco, Leiter, and Glavine were the reason Wilpon fired Bobby."

Well, NOBODY liked Valentine on the club at that point. They all had one gripe or another with him. Franco was clubhouse poison at the time and probably worse than Valentine, but Leiter and Glavine both felt as starting pitchers that Valentine was throwing their arms out (Which he was...check out their Pitcher Abuse Points during the time Bobby V. was the manager...), which is why they jumped on Franco's band wagon.

I'm sure a few years have changed things. I think it's obvious Willie isn't the man to get this team to the World Series.

Blog Entries
    "I'm sure a few years have changed things."

Trust me, Bobby V. is just as disliked by the current upper management, players, etc. as Art Howe was. Jerry Manuel and Gary Carter stand better chances of becoming the next manager (realistically, if we did get a new manager, it would be Ken Oberkfell or someone else that was internally developed...after seeing the fiasco resulting from Girardi negotiating with Baltimore, you can scratch him off the list). But honestly, I still don't see Randolph going anywhere for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    But honestly, I still don't see Randolph going anywhere for a number of reasons.
    I really, really, really, hope you're wrong on that.

I almost hope they have an awful first half to the season because he needs to go. He's completed 3 years as manager and has 2 left. All he's gotten us is one division title. We'll be lucky to get anything more than a wild card with him. He has to go for this team to go far. He HAS to.

Blog Entries
    "I almost hope they have an awful first half to the season because he needs to go."

Dude, STOP ROOTING AGAINST THE TEAM just because you think the manager is bad. Real fans do not do that! Hell, even when I was hoping Valentine would be fired somehow, I was rooting for the Mets to do as well as possible! Also, what if the wrong guy is fired? What if they fire Minaya and keep Randolph? Fire Peterson and keep Randolph? Fire HoJo or Rickey and keep Randolph? IMO, the only way you can start rooting against the team because of a bad manager is if you're actually there. And we're most assuredly NOT. Yeah, we know a player agent said Randolph was a bad manager, but it was AARON HEILMAN'S agent. If Jim Leyland didn't start the guy, he'd call him a bad manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    "I almost hope they have an awful first half to the season because he needs to go."

Dude, STOP ROOTING AGAINST THE TEAM just because you think the manager is bad. Real fans do not do that!
    That's why I said "I almost"

Also, what if the wrong guy is fired? What if they fire Minaya and keep Randolph? Fire Peterson and keep Randolph? Fire HoJo or Rickey and keep Randolph?
    Then I will know this organization has reverted back to its old ways of not knowing what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NYMets523 View Post

ESPN will have to make a new "Who's Number 1? Biggest Chokes"
    Just about every team has to deal with shocking failures at one point or another. This one was really bad, but at least you know the Mets have the resources to make some changes.
    BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Quote Originally Posted by MudvilleMike View Post
    Just about every team has to deal with shocking failures at one point or another. This one was really bad, but at least you know the Mets have the resources to make some changes.
    They have the resources but I'm not sure how willing they will be to make them.

A lot of people will compare Glavine favorably to Smoltz when all they can remember is the 300+ wins. I just hope people remember today and think about how Glavine pitches in the really big games. His playoff record is 14-16. Totally respectable given the opposition, but hardly "the guy" you want to depend on.
    BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

I'd like to meet those people who think Glavine is better than Smoltz and knock some sense into them.

His playoff record might be skewed because I'm sure he's pitched games he deserved to win.

I felt good with him going today. When he had 1-2 bad outings in a row, he always came back strong. Usually going 7 innings minimum and allowing no more than 2 runs.

You don't have to tell me to remember his start today. Whenever I hear the name "Tom Glavine", the first thing I will think of is "September 30, 2007. 0.1 IP, 7 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, L". Then I'll think of the 300 wins, 2 CYAS, numerous ASG, all the stuff that got him in the HoF.

Hopefully management doesn't make some shortsighted moves in over reaction to this collapse. This year already happened, they don't need to make any desperate moves for the WS for next year to wipe this away.

Man I sure remember the good ol' Steve Phillips days when they would sign every over the hill "proven" player they could get.

The core of young players is here, just let them play.

Yeah, the biggest danger right now is overreacting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince85 View Post
    12 hurs and 10 minutes to go.
    Tom Glavine vs Chris Carpenter, New York Mets @ St. Louis Cardinals

LETS GO METS for great 2007 season
    Season seemed like a blur to me... Can hardly believe this was all the way back on 4-1-07..

Well even though the season didnt go the way we all wanted, it was a pleasure to be posting here with all my fellow Met fans... Thanks for the ride and an interesting season
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

there has been alot of talk about who influence who and what effect anyones influence had on the players,
    here's another name to throw in on the "influence pile" does anyone think that julio francos departure had anything to do with the way the players sort of looked like they were going through the motions for much of the season? i couldn't see why they ever had him on the team at all, but maybe he did have some effect for the better. just a thought.

I've heard Franco's influence was overrated and Willie wanted him gone because it was becoming obvious Franco wanted Willie's job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYMets523 View Post
    I've heard Franco's influence was overrated and Willie wanted him gone because it was becoming obvious Franco wanted Willie's job.
    your definition of apathy really gets to the point

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast