Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The A-Rod Chronology Project

Blog Entries
    Here we go once again.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Facts are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
    Facts are facts.
    You have a opinion.

Stop trying to pass your opinion off as a fact.

Yes, I have. and it is based on facts that have been documented.

Yes, I have. and it is based on facts that have been documented.
    Then remind me again how making the postseason once in seven years without A-Rod is better than three times in six years with him for the Mariners and how they actually did in better in the playoffs with him than without him? Now those are facts my friend. It's like you're reading a book, but you give up after the first chapter, not caring what the rest says.

Anyway, I've tried to reason with you, I've tried warning you, and you've even been suspended twice. You just don't seem to get it. We're tired of the same old broken record here. You are the definition of a troll. So I'm asking one last time to please try to have more constructive and open conversation here. We are tired of your broken record. If you don't want to comply, that's your choice, but I will not let you again cause the devolution of this forum.
    Last edited by DoubleX; 07-17-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Facts are facts.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

The I will repeat the FACTS here.

1998-1999-2000 M's with ARod win average of 82 games/year.

1998-1999-2000 Texas wins average of 85 games/year, No Arod.

2001-2002-2003 M's win average of 101 games/year, No Arod.

2001-2002-2003 Texas with Arod win average of 72
    games/year.

2001-2002-2003 Yanks win average of 100 games/year, No Arod.

2004-2005-2006 Texas wins average of 83 games/year. No Arod.

2004-2005-2006 Yanks with Arod win average of 98 games/year.

2007 Yanks with Arod drop to 94 wins.

With Arod -19 and -13 and -2 = -11 games per year all teams combined on average.

That is one heck of a crippling effect on these teams.
    And it looks like the Yanks will drop again this year.

Simply devastating to have Arod on your team.

Again, answer my question - how is making the playoffs once in seven years better than three in six years? This probably the 20th time I've asked you this and yet you've never answered.

You also have never explained how A-Rod brings teams down, and have totally ignored how many us have explained how these things have gone way beyond just A-Rod. It takes 25 people on a team, not just one player. For instance, you ignore how the 2001 Mariners added Ichiro, had Brett Boone unexpectedly replace A-Rod's lost production, and had one of the best bullpen's ever. Tell me, how A-Rod had anything to do with that? It would be one thing if the team was exactly the same in 2000 and 2001, sans A-Rod, but that's not the case.

The complete truth is that you ignore the actual facts.You choose to read chapter one of the book and ignore everything else. You ignore the details, you ignore the reality. And this is exactly what I mean about you not being open to discussion here and a disruptive force playing the same old broken record again and again.

Ask yourself - why do you even keep posting here? What exactly are you getting out of playing the same song again and again here? How is this rewarding for you? The only conclusion many of us can come up with is that you like being disruptive, you enjoy being a troll.
    Last edited by DoubleX; 07-17-2008 at 03:31 PM.

The I will repeat the FACTS here.

1998-1999-2000 M's with ARod win average of 82 games/year.

1998-1999-2000 Texas wins average of 85 games/year, No Arod.

2001-2002-2003 M's win average of 101 games/year, No Arod.

2001-2002-2003 Texas with Arod win average of 72
    games/year.

2001-2002-2003 Yanks win average of 100 games/year, No Arod.

2004-2005-2006 Texas wins average of 83 games/year. No Arod.

2004-2005-2006 Yanks with Arod win average of 98 games/year.

2007 Yanks with Arod drop to 94 wins.

With Arod -19 and -13 and -2 = -11 games per year all teams combined on average.

That is one heck of a crippling effect on these teams.
    And it looks like the Yanks will drop again this year.

Simply devastating to have Arod on your team.
    What flaw logic. By this logic, Ted Williams and all Red Sox players cripple their team between 1918-2004. By this logic, every player to be on the Cubs since their last WS title crippled their team. You have no facts, just twist facts to fit your opinion. You can keep saying you facts, but don't forget to mention you twist them to fit your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
    What flaw logic. By this logic, Ted Williams and all Red Sox players cripple their team between 1918-2004. By this logic, every player to be on the Cubs since their last WS title crippled their team. You have no facts, just twist facts to fit your opinion. You can keep saying you facts, but don't forget to mention you twist them to fit your opinion.
    Exactly. Especially Wade Boggs. That dude was a huge loser, but something magically changed in him in 1996, and he became a great Win Method guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleX View Post
    Exactly. Especially Wade Boggs. That dude was a huge loser, but something magically changed in him in 1996, and he became a great Win Method guy.
    Don't forget the GREAT Roger Clemens.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks View Post
    Don't forget the GREAT Roger Clemens.
    Hmm... Shouldn't he rot in hell with Barry Bonds too? How about it BBW? You said Barry should rot in hell because he cheated, well so did Clemens. And you know, there might actually be more evidence out there now about Clemens than Bonds.

Will someone just ban him already? What good does having him around do? I've heard from you to just ignore him and then every time he posts you're the first one to start arguing with his insane logic. Ugh. It's like leaving a dead animal in the middle of the living room, everyone hates the smell, no one wants it around and it just sits there infecting everything around it. Just do it already, he brings the whole board down.

Scott
    Last edited by steve rogers; 07-18-2008 at 06:12 AM.
    I told you not to be stupid you moron.

Yes you do. And you just can't admit that the best players are the players who help their team to the playoffs, pennants, and WS rings the most often.

BBW is absolutely right. Frank Crosetti is the greatest ballplayer who ever lived.

You are right. How many starting infielders would have liked to have won 6 WS in his era. Best in that era at his position.

Ugh, sarcasm does not work on this guy. I quit.

Sarcasm is for the people who think players who help their team to failure are the best. I can't ever knock a player who consistently helps his team to grea successes.

You are right. How many starting infielders would have liked to have won 6 WS in his era. Best in that era at his position.
    Luke Appling, Joe Cronin, and Arky Vaughn are laughing in their graves right now.

Ban please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

nobody knows who those guys are

we all know who ted williams is
    Let's go Yankees!

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast