Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: MLB.TV Blackout HELP!!

  1. #1

    MLB.TV Blackout HELP!!

    I have MLB.TV and woulld like to know how to watch my local teams. I am blacked out and am not able to see the teams that I really want. People are mentioning a proxy server on many forums, but I could not get that to work. Please help, send a PM or something to let all of know this precious secret.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    I have MLB.TV and woulld like to know how to watch my local teams. I am blacked out and am not able to see the teams that I really want. People are mentioning a proxy server on many forums, but I could not get that to work. Please help, send a PM or something to let all of know this precious secret.
    I dont think you can watch local games because when i went to sign up it said "watch any out of market game live straight from your home" Sorry man i hope im wrong

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Yountville, CA (Napa Valley)
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    I have MLB.TV and woulld like to know how to watch my local teams. I am blacked out and am not able to see the teams that I really want. People are mentioning a proxy server on many forums, but I could not get that to work. Please help, send a PM or something to let all of know this precious secret.

    Open your wallet, and get DirecTV. Order the MLB Extra Innings package. I live in So Cal, and am a Cubs fan, and I can watch ALL their games. It's well worth the money. I do the same during the football season, so I can watch the Bears. Don't expect a "free lunch".

    Bob

  4. #4

    This shouldn't be

    Selig is putting to us again. Not everybody gets direct tv. Why would I want to buy a dish and not use it, but only for baseball. Come on man, surely you have a better solution. There has to be some was to get around these blackouts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Through the Fire and Flames
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    Selig is putting to us again. Not everybody gets direct tv. Why would I want to buy a dish and not use it, but only for baseball. Come on man, surely you have a better solution. There has to be some was to get around these blackouts.


    It's not just that, even EI has the black out restrictions too. ESPN has exclusive Sunday Night games, and Fox has exclusive Saturday Afternoons...for out of market that is. InDemand has EI now but still some cable companies can't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluezebra View Post
    Open your wallet, and get DirecTV. Order the MLB Extra Innings package. I live in So Cal, and am a Cubs fan, and I can watch ALL their games. It's well worth the money. I do the same during the football season, so I can watch the Bears. Don't expect a "free lunch".

    Bob
    Good point.
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

    "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Van City
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    I have MLB.TV and woulld like to know how to watch my local teams. I am blacked out and am not able to see the teams that I really want. People are mentioning a proxy server on many forums, but I could not get that to work. Please help, send a PM or something to let all of know this precious secret.
    Isn't your name a little ironic in this case?

    Anyway, look into the proxy servers more. I've heard that they work from a couple of people. If I see them sometime soon I'll ask them how they did it.

  7. #7

    knowitall?

    I know all most everything about baseball, but I am still learning about computers. This season so far has been bad for stats for fantasy leagues. My teams are stinking it up. Pujols especially.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    I know all most everything about baseball, but I am still learning about computers. This season so far has been bad for stats for fantasy leagues. My teams are stinking it up. Pujols especially.
    Since you know almost everything about baseball, please join us in the other forums. You're more than welcome to do so.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill JEDI

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    40
    I have MLB & MiLB.tv. I work odd hours, so I like it to watch the game the next morning when I get home from work (I'm usually falling asleep around the first pitch). You can watch all the games archived.

    MiLB I'm not completely sold on yet. It's cheap enough for the season, so I'll see how it goes.
    Harold Norbert "Harry" Kalas (1936 - 2009)
    Swing and a long drive. Watch that baby. Outta here, home run.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Yountville, CA (Napa Valley)
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    Selig is putting to us again. Not everybody gets direct tv. Why would I want to buy a dish and not use it, but only for baseball. Come on man, surely you have a better solution. There has to be some was to get around these blackouts.
    1..Why blame Selig? You're wanting MLB to give their product away for free. Do you work for free, or if you own a business, give away your products? Yeah, RIGHT!

    2..There is MORE on DirecTV than just baseball. Again, if you're a "real" fan, expect to pay for what you get.

    Bob

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by bluezebra View Post
    Open your wallet, and get DirecTV. Order the MLB Extra Innings package. I live in So Cal, and am a Cubs fan, and I can watch ALL their games. It's well worth the money. I do the same during the football season, so I can watch the Bears. Don't expect a "free lunch".

    Bob
    That wouldn't solve the problem of getting his local games, though, would it? Blackout restrictions apply to that, just as they do MLB.TV. Of course you get Cubs games in southern California, but they wouldn't be carried on Extra Innings if you were in Chicago. Just like I didn't get Reds games when I lived in Cincy, or Jays games now that I'm in Canada.

    I don't think he's looking for a free lunch, just a way around the lousy blackout restrictions.

  12. #12
    I've read about people using proxy servers, but I think MLB tries to police that as much as they can. If they notice data being transferred to a proxy server, they'll cut it off, and I think they mention something about it on their site.

    The sports packages are one thing that I've found far better in Canada - $300 per year gets you Extra Innings, Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass, the Nascar package, and NCAA basketball and football. Compared to what I paid in the U.S., it's ridiculously cheap.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, IN
    Posts
    89
    You can't win with blackouts. I'm a Mariners fan who lives in Indiana. I bought Direct TV and MLB Extra innings but on weekends most games are blacked out by Fox and ESPN. So then I bought a months worth of the MLB internet baseball package. For some reason, it worked fine the first day I used it but doesn't anymore.

    The whole blackout thing is a joke. They don't even give a fan a chance to pay to watch every game. Oh, they will take your money but you still get screwed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paso Robles, CA
    Posts
    397
    I've got mlb.tv and I'm a Tigers fan in California so obviously they aren't a local team. On Saturdays; however, I can't watch because when I try to log in it says it's on my local fox affiliate. Of course a 1 ET start is 10 in CA so my FOX has cartoons. Even if there is a game it is never the Tigers.

  15. #15

    IP Address Hiding

    Hey guys.... I came to this site a few days back trying to figure out how to get past the blackout restrictions... I found good software to do it, so i thought I would share:

    http://www.anonomoussurfingdoneeasy.com/

    This is an IP Address program, its around $25 or so... when you run it a little star opens up in the bottom right hand corner, if you right click that star, you can switch back and forth from "HIDE REAL IP" and "SHOW REAL IP"... when you want to watch local / blackout games you can just HIDE REAL IP... It works great. Sometimes the IP it gives you wont work and you ahve to hit CHANGE IP a couple of times, but never takes more than a minute.... NOT MISSING ANY SOX GAMES THIS YEAR !!!

    Its a free download so see if it works for you all, but it works great for me... and for $25 one time, its worth it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    1,122
    For a free option you might want to try tor:
    http://tor.eff.org/

    You may run into speed issues but it's worth a try.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mordeci View Post
    For a free option you might want to try tor:
    http://tor.eff.org/

    You may run into speed issues but it's worth a try.
    Can't seem to figure this one out...

    NO big deal I'm just going to pay the $25... no problems with that one... Watched the game yesterday at 700... Figure since I paid the $100 some dollars just to catch the games while I was at work, the $25 isn't bad for me !

    Thanks 4 all the help.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Yountville, CA (Napa Valley)
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    That wouldn't solve the problem of getting his local games, though, would it? Blackout restrictions apply to that, just as they do MLB.TV. Of course you get Cubs games in southern California, but they wouldn't be carried on Extra Innings if you were in Chicago. Just like I didn't get Reds games when I lived in Cincy, or Jays games now that I'm in Canada.

    I don't think he's looking for a free lunch, just a way around the lousy blackout restrictions.
    How about the local channel carrying the home games? When WGN carries the Cubs (or White Sox), MLB Extra Innings doesn't There's also FOX Sports Net. If someone REALLY wants to watch their favorite team, there's a way. But, as I stated before, PAY FOR IT.

    Bob

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Yountville, CA (Napa Valley)
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by catbox_9 View Post
    I've got mlb.tv and I'm a Tigers fan in California so obviously they aren't a local team. On Saturdays; however, I can't watch because when I try to log in it says it's on my local fox affiliate. Of course a 1 ET start is 10 in CA so my FOX has cartoons. Even if there is a game it is never the Tigers.
    Get FOX Sports Net.

    Bob

  20. #20
    I am going to try one of the anonymous sites.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_knowitall View Post
    I am going to try one of the anonymous sites.
    Good luck. Sorry your question itself wasn't answered very well. But if you want to talk baseball, you're quite welcome here.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill JEDI

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Yountville, CA (Napa Valley)
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    That wouldn't solve the problem of getting his local games, though, would it? Blackout restrictions apply to that, just as they do MLB.TV. Of course you get Cubs games in southern California, but they wouldn't be carried on Extra Innings if you were in Chicago. Just like I didn't get Reds games when I lived in Cincy, or Jays games now that I'm in Canada.

    I don't think he's looking for a free lunch, just a way around the lousy blackout restrictions.
    Not true. I get Dodgers, Angels and Padres games when they're not on local TV. Of course, when they're on local TV, Extra Innings isn't needed.

    Bob

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    1,272
    I just got quite the laugh about MLB TV's customer service today. Hysterical, really. I made a lengthy post about the pros and cons of MLB TV a few months ago and there were a few people telling me how wrong I was about their customer service. Let me just state, I know for a fact that I'm not an isolated case here. Plenty of people have had issues with their customer service. But today really took the cake. I sent MLB TV two e-mails last May and June about their service. Read that again, _last May and June_. Never got a response to either e-mail.... until today.

    Date: Friday, May 18, 2007 9:18 AM
    From: MLBAMCS - Customer Service <customerservice@website.mlb.com> Add to Addresses
    To: jasehoward@adelphia.net Add to Addresses
    Subject: RE: My MLBTv Subscription
    Size: 3 KB

    Dear Jason,

    Thank you for contacting us about your MLB.com account. We appreciate
    the time that you took to write, and welcome the opportunity to provide
    the information that you've requested.

    Unfortunately, the email address that you have used to send this
    correspondence is not currently listed in our database as one that you
    have used to access your account and we are currently unable to further
    investigate the situation that you have described.

    Please let us know if you have registered with a different email address
    on our site. With this information, we will promptly assist you
    further.

    Thank you for taking the time to write!

    Regards,
    MLB.com Support

    -----Original Message-----
    From: jasehoward@adelphia.net [jasehoward@adelphia.net]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:56 PM
    To: MLBAMCS - Customer Service
    Subject: My MLBTv Subscription
    Importance: High
    Sensitivity: Private

    My account is under jasehoward@adelphia.net and I would like to cancel
    my account for MLB TV. I e-mailed you guys a month ago and asked if you
    could help me upgrade my account to MLB All-Access and you guys _never_
    responded. So, I'm totally underwhelmed by the regular MLB TV
    subscription and even moreso by your pathetic customer sevice.

    So I just want to drop my subscription altogether. I'm less than 10 days
    into my current monthly cycle and I haven't used the service a single
    time this month. So please refund my June payment too and cancel any
    further billing to my credit card.
    Bleeding Cardinal Red since 1985
    In the stands for every home playoff game since then -- 2006 and 2011 were well worth the wait!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    1,272
    Maybe in another year I'll get a reply to my response.


    Date: Friday, May 18, 2007 10:18 AM
    From: jasehoward@adelphia.net
    To: MLBAMCS - Customer Service <customerservice@website.mlb.com> Add to Addresses
    Subject: RE: My MLBTv Subscription
    Size: 2 KB

    Maybe if that letter hadn't been sent a full year ago and maybe if you had
    responded to my letters _then_... perhaps you would be able to find my account
    now. Because I'd most likely still be an MLB TV customer. As it stands your
    customer service is a joke and my inability to upgrade my subscription last year
    and get simple questions answered has led me to never even entertain the thought
    of buying the product again.

    But hey, at least you finally replied. Even if it took a year. LoL.

    ---- MLBAMCS - Customer Service <customerservice@website.mlb.com> wrote:
    > Dear Jason,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting us about your MLB.com account. We appreciate
    > the time that you took to write, and welcome the opportunity to provide
    > the information that you've requested.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the email address that you have used to send this
    > correspondence is not currently listed in our database as one that you
    > have used to access your account and we are currently unable to further
    > investigate the situation that you have described.
    >
    > Please let us know if you have registered with a different email address
    > on our site. With this information, we will promptly assist you
    > further.
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to write!
    >
    > Regards,
    > MLB.com Support
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: jasehoward@adelphia.net [jasehoward@adelphia.net]
    > Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:56 PM
    > To: MLBAMCS - Customer Service
    > Subject: My MLBTv Subscription
    > Importance: High
    > Sensitivity: Private
    >
    > My account is under jasehoward@adelphia.net and I would like to cancel
    > my account for MLB TV. I e-mailed you guys a month ago and asked if you
    > could help me upgrade my account to MLB All-Access and you guys _never_
    > responded. So, I'm totally underwhelmed by the regular MLB TV
    > subscription and even moreso by your pathetic customer sevice.
    >
    > So I just want to drop my subscription altogether. I'm less than 10 days
    > into my current monthly cycle and I haven't used the service a single
    > time this month. So please refund my June payment too and cancel any
    > further billing to my credit card.
    Bleeding Cardinal Red since 1985
    In the stands for every home playoff game since then -- 2006 and 2011 were well worth the wait!

  25. #25
    mlb does take an extra long time to reply to emails. If you have a dispute over your credit card being charged - I would contact my credit card co. and have them go after mlb. This would more than likely help. I actually am only blacked out from 2 teams and if I really want to watch their games, I will wait untile the game is archived and then watched the condensed version. This is quick and you get all of the highlights.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •