Page 437 of 917 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 22922

Thread: Citi Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    We've gone over this already, the walls are definitely black.
    There IS some dark green in it also - Like a shade of off black - but you can see dark green in the sunlight

Just IMO Ralf

honestly im not sure anymore because up close it looks dark gray/green but from the aerials it looks black. My question is are they putting the yellow border on the top of the padding or will it be orange.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
    follow me on twitter
    https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    We've gone over this already, the walls are definitely black.
    I must have missed that discussion. It was probably in between Yankee vs. Mets nonsense.

Anyway, I think you're wrong but it doesn't really matter though. We need an insider to get up close and take a look.
    Last edited by piazza3142; 01-07-2009 at 08:44 AM.

The outfield walls will grow on everyone and will become the most endearing aspects of Citi Field.

The height of the left field wall will help ensure that Citi Field will be a true pitchers ballpark, and not a cheap bandbox like that place on the other end of the turnpike.

The depth of left field will ensure that outfielders will not have to "pull up" for the rebound, like the Green Monster.

The right field overhang and the "notch' in right center will make every ball hit in that direction a true adventure.

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE CITI FIELD IN ACTION.

Stop bitchin' and start enjoyin'.

Mets Fan Since 1962

If they moved the wall back - They would have to remove not only those misplaced GOLD SEATS but would also have to take away part of section 134 - for them to extend the wall to the foulpole.
    Last edited by Richard Vernon; 01-07-2009 at 11:29 AM.

cant see the pic
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
    follow me on twitter
    https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Quote Originally Posted by LIFAN12 View Post
    The outfield walls will grow on everyone and will become the most endearing aspects of Citi Field.

The height of the left field wall will help ensure that Citi Field will be a true pitchers ballpark, and not a cheap bandbox like that place on the other end of the turnpike.

The depth of left field will ensure that outfielders will not have to "pull up" for the rebound, like the Green Monster.

The right field overhang and the "notch' in right center will make every ball hit in that direction a true adventure.

Here's someone who thinks that it will be even more than just a pitcher's park:
    http://www.amazinavenue.com/2009/1/7...where-homeruns

Citi Field, the new ballpark for the New York Mets, is poised to become MLB's new Grand Canyon. City Field is a vast, cool weather, sea-level stadium, and those factors will have a hugely negative impact on home runs.

Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by LIFAN12 View Post

You should know this by now: this is baseball fever. Here, we nitpick and "bitch" about every little thing in a ballpark. We're perfectionists, and we like to know every detail and every cranny of our ballparks. So, when we obsess about the size/color of Citi's outfield walls, just know that nothing you will say will ever, EVER stop us from obsessing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    Here's someone who thinks that it will be even more than just a pitcher's park:
    http://www.amazinavenue.com/2009/1/7...where-homeruns

Citi Field, the new ballpark for the New York Mets, is poised to become MLB's new Grand Canyon. City Field is a vast, cool weather, sea-level stadium, and those factors will have a hugely negative impact on home runs.

Comments?
    Here's the diagram from that site. Is it accurate?

All diagrams I've seen have shown the wall at Citi from LC to CF being shallower than Shea's, not deeper or equal.

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post

All diagrams I've seen have shown the wall at Citi from LC to CF being shallower than Shea's, not deeper or equal.

According to this guy Shea wasn't 410 but 408 and Citifield will be a little bigger then the 408. Maybe the same was true for Leftcenter?

By the way, I've had other people point out to me that Shea is marked as 410 to center field, and CF is stated to be coming in at 408, so why do I show CF deeper? Because the overhead satellite photos show Shea's fence in straightaway center to be, in reality, about 408 feet from home plate, and the Citi Field prints show the corresponding dimension to be about 410 feet. If they build Citi Field to their prints (which they seem to be doing quite precisely as far as I can tell), then what I show in my diagram will be accurate. I made my diagram by making an exact tracing of the print.

I guess we will see.

Seth
    Last edited by Oct251986; 01-07-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot a line

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post

Yeah I seen that load of BS, if you ask me the guys an idiot. You cant use Shea HR Data to predict Citi HRs. The winds and direction of Center Field are completly different. Not to mention the angle of a HR to Right Field in Citi Field will make it a catch below the porch or make the right fielder slap his glove in disgust. This totaly makes Shea and Citi Field - Right Field HR comparisons totaly unreliable without taking the angle of the HR into account.

Also, the "Satellite" photos he likely viewed are almost alwayse unreliable to measure under two feet. Why? Because they almost NEVER take the picture from directly above thus the image you are viewing is either stretched or shrunk a little and this makes accurate measurements practically impossible. Also, most aerials you find online are taken by the New York State Geological Survey, and they dont use a satellite to take images, rather an aircraft flying around 40,000 feet. So unless the guy took a tape measure and did the measurements himself, he cannot say for a fact that Shea's Center Field was 408. Also Citi Field's Center Field has been marked 410 and 408, and I have no idea which one is correct. and because of the lack of really good blueprints for either stadium you cannot make a reliable comparison of the outfields. I know, I have tried many times and everything I get is crap.

And that layout he made is totaly off, the worst I have seen.

Edit: Btw, that diagram looks familiar, I think somebody from here made that...

Quote Originally Posted by gator92 View Post
    I don't think you need to worry about any home run hot spots in this park. Here are the fence lines of CF and Shea Stadium, taken from blueprints (CF) and satellite photos (Shea). Also, the CF fences are higher than Shea's in more than half the field altogether...

And by the way, I know the center field fence at Shea had the numbers "410" painted on it, and I know the center field fence at Citi Field is going to have the numbers "408" on it, so a diagram showing Shea as shorter to dead center is going to strike people as wrong, but if you examine the prints and the satellite photos meticulously, as I have, what you see here is accurate...

Last edited by RichardK; 01-07-2009 at 11:23 AM.

I actually think that Citi field is going to be a home run hitters haven to LF...

This guy is way, way off methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    I actually think that Citi field is going to be a home run hitters haven to LF...
    Actually I believe there will be a lot of Doubles off that 17' wall & RF with that nook is going to be every rightfielders Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Vernon View Post
    RF with that nook is going to be every rightfielders Nightmare
    Whose idea was that "nook" anyway? Do Mets fans have positve feeling about the whole RF setup? Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post

This guy is way, way off methinks.

Why do you say that?? CF is deeper then Shea was in LF and the fence is much taller.. Please explain your method of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
    Whose idea was that "nook" anyway? Do Mets fans have positve feeling about the whole RF setup? Not a fan.

Me being a fan a symmetry, i think the whole outfield fence is a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by gemcaptom View Post
    Me being a fan a symmetry, i think the whole outfield fence is a disaster
    I don't care for it either. I don't mind some asymmetry but the wall at Citi seems a bit contrived to me right now.

I am actually a huge fan of asymetry. I love the rightfield cove and porch on top. It's unique today. The dimensions should make for a pitcher's park and the LF wall I like although it would be nice to be able to rob a homerun or two...Beltran will have handle those duties.

Citi is gonna be awesome.

I think they should have dug a tunnel under 126th Street for the vehicular traffic and just let the right field line extend all the way to the property lines of the businesses across the street.
    X
    I wonder what itís like after death. Probíly itís like it is bífore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? Thatís not hard tíunderstand, but itís hard for people tíaccept. Itís hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. Aní people ainít too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, ďShort Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,Ē American Splendor #3, 1978.

Its my own personal opinion, but I like it, mainly because I feel like it's built for our strengths, outfield defense and hitters that can drive the ball into the gaps (Reyes, Wright, Beltran, ect) and hope it bounces around for a while.

I also really like the overhang in Right Field.

I suppose they could have found a way to tone down the shape of the wall itself, but the current set-up should make it really unique and a place where certain Center/Right Fielders are going to dread playing in (Just not ours).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Venti View Post
    I am actually a huge fan of asymetry. I love the rightfield cove and porch on top. It's unique today. The dimensions should make for a pitcher's park and the LF wall I like although it would be nice to be able to rob a homerun or two...Beltran will have handle those duties.

Citi is gonna be awesome.
    I'm with you on that 1000%, I like that when a fly ball is hit to RF it's not going to be the same thing that happens in LF. I love suprises and I'm going to be laughing my ass off all year when the Mets hit balls off all the little quirks and the outfilelders are running around in circles in a state of panic.

Cant wait!

Btw, the Mets will be playing here more than other teams (obviously) and they will adapt to the quirks far sooner than anyone else, and that is going to be a huge advantage

I refer you to a print scan from a while back of the Mets clubhouse areas. There was debate last week about StubHub showing the Mets on the third base side...yes, I know Stubhub corrected it, however, here is the scan of what I was talking about with markup to highlight areas I mentioned.

http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

The NOOK is to pay homage to OLD Tiger Stadium

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    I don't care for it either. I don't mind some asymmetry but the wall at Citi seems a bit contrived to me right now.
    Give it time, Shea was a dump, but it was our dump... Eventually every Met fan is going to fall in love with our new home, when there are fond memories to look back to. And there are going to be plenty.

Every little quirk is going to have it's bad sides for the Mets Outfielders, but it will for the other teams also, who will be less experienced with Citi's quirks than the home team anyway

I just cant wait to see Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Murphy, Church and others making the oposing defense pull their hair out all year. I'm so excited I dont know what to do with myself.

I refer you to a print scan from a while back of the Mets clubhouse areas. There was debate last week about StubHub showing the Mets on the third base side...yes, I know Stubhub corrected it, however, here is the scan of what I was talking about with markup to highlight areas I mentioned.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, forgot about the "posse lounge". Thanks for reviving this one Island.

Page 437 of 917 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast