Page 562 of 562 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562
Results 14,026 to 14,035 of 14035

Thread: Shea Stadium

  1. #14026
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    KPIT Airport
    Posts
    1,122
    I agree Alpine. Who needs another Astrodome. Nothing beats the sky and that's what made Shea better than the other enclosed circles like Riverfront - the open outfield.

  2. #14027
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bayside New York
    Posts
    359
    Shea's 'Queen of Melody'
    jane.jpg
    "to a new yorker like you a hero is some sort of weird sandwich"

    "Because I'm loyal and true, to the orange and blue"

  3. #14028
    Jane Jarvis. Wow.

  4. #14029
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    KPIT Airport
    Posts
    1,122
    I remember there was a small brass band that used to play in the stands at Shea on mnay occasions in the 70's and they would complete with JJ's organ music. Annoyed me to no end to have to hear her melodies drowned out by their music. Anyone else remember who these folks were? Trombone, trumpet, maybe a snare, plus at least one other.

  5. #14030
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bayside New York
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    I remember there was a small brass band that used to play in the stands at Shea on mnay occasions in the 70's and they would complete with JJ's organ music. Annoyed me to no end to have to hear her melodies drowned out by their music. Anyone else remember who these folks were? Trombone, trumpet, maybe a snare, plus at least one other.
    Yes I remember. They would go to every level except upper deck.
    "to a new yorker like you a hero is some sort of weird sandwich"

    "Because I'm loyal and true, to the orange and blue"

  6. #14031
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    I remember there was a small brass band that used to play in the stands at Shea on mnay occasions in the 70's and they would complete with JJ's organ music. Annoyed me to no end to have to hear her melodies drowned out by their music. Anyone else remember who these folks were? Trombone, trumpet, maybe a snare, plus at least one other.
    Quote Originally Posted by margatemanor View Post
    Yes I remember. They would go to every level except upper deck.
    I remember an oompah band that used to wander through the stands.

  7. #14032
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    KPIT Airport
    Posts
    1,122
    JJ was doing her jazzy ditties on the Thomas and they were pounding away out of rhythm and key from her music. Even on WOR 9 TV you heard it.

  8. #14033
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    JJ was doing her jazzy ditties on the Thomas and they were pounding away out of rhythm and key from her music. Even on WOR 9 TV you heard it.
    My recollection is that they were sponsored by Manufacturers Hanover Bank.

  9. #14034
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    4,234
    Santana breaks his bat but gets the hit
    9/23/08: Johan Santana breaks his bat but gets a single

    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  10. #14035
    bull1.jpg

    bullpen garden at Shea in the 1960's and 70's.

Page 562 of 562 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •