Page 105 of 562 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 14035

Thread: Shea Stadium

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltzy23 View Post
    All of you that are still in mourning over the untimely demise of Shea can at least know that today would have been the final FINAL game, even under the absolute best of circumstances....

AMAZING to think that 'this' could have been hosting Game 5 of the World Series tonight if things had gone according to plan....

I'm a Mets fan like yourself, but after seeing how well the Phillies have done I'm no longer under any dillusions. The Mets were are really not as close as they want you to believe, we have a long way to go now again. 2006 maybe was our year and we should have beaten the Cardinals, gotten to the World Series and maybe won it, but we need a lot of work to get back that level now and the level that goes beyond game 7 of the NLCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    I'm a Mets fan like yourself, but after seeing how well the Phillies have done I'm no longer under any dillusions. The Mets were are really not as close as they want you to believe, we have a long way to go now again. 2006 maybe was our year and we should have beaten the Cardinals, gotten to the World Series and maybe won it, but we need a lot of work to get back that level now and the level that goes beyond game 7 of the NLCS.
    Wait....you took this to mean I thought we had a chance this year....BAhahahahaha....

What I meant was....wait....BAHAHAHAHA....sorry, that was just so funny....

OK...I gathered myself...

BAHAHAHAHA....

I just meant that if all the other NL contending teams planes went down that tonight would have been IT no matter what....

The amazing thing is that we had a winning record against them this year....

Our season ended with Daniel Murphy on 3rd and David Wright striking out after being up 3-0....they could have started dismantling the place right then and there...

Our season ended with Daniel Murphy on 3rd and David Wright striking out after being up 3-0....they could have started dismantling the place right then and there...

Cmon Now, Our season ended the first time the members of our Bullpen took the field.. LOL.. Its Not Davids fault..

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Especially after a few Rheingolds and a good gust of wind off LI Sound.
    LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing. How about being the one to get a round for the boys before the 2 beer rule - come back with a tray full, box of dogs on top of it, nor'easter blowing in - not for the faint of heart!

Most painful game I EVER attended.

I'm sick over the mere suggestion that the Phillies might win the World Series tonight. Everything is in their favor to lock it up tonight. It is going to be a long, cold winter.

Blog Entries
    lol to both you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MetsWrightNow View Post
    Most painful game I EVER attended.

I'm sick over the mere suggestion that the Phillies might win the World Series tonight. Everything is in their favor to lock it up tonight. It is going to be a long, cold winter.
    Wait until the OTHER red team wins next Tuesday....

Long cold winter wrapped in a blanket of 4 more years of misery...

C'mon God....at least give me ONE victory/not having my arch rivals win the prize....

Quote Originally Posted by BronxMetFan View Post
    why is that damn cup still up
    It wasn't in the way of anything so it could wait for now.
    Best posts ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

C'mon God....at least give me ONE victory/not having my arch rivals win the prize....
    Eh, well, don't feel so bad... I'll be very happy if the 'other' Red team wins next Tuesday... I'll buy you a beer next season...

As a Yankee fan, there's only one time that Shea Stadium has ever looked better to me: Right after Mike Piazza flied out to Bernie Williams at the end of Game 5 of the 2000 World Series.

Exactly 2 Miles From Babe Ruth's Final Resting Place
    Here is (was) the view from up there. Trust me .... it's a LONG WAY DOWN!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ------------------------------------------
    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Quote Originally Posted by curb my enthusiasm View Post
    As a Yankee fan, there's only one time that Shea Stadium has ever looked better to me: Right after Mike Piazza flied out to Bernie Williams at the end of Game 5 of the 2000 World Series.
    Really? I mean REALLY???

Called for? Needed?

(Psst....I hear the most famous, most historical, 'mecca of baseball' is being torn down very VERY soon too)....Ill make SURE to run over to that thread just to rub salt in your wounds too you jagoff...

Trying to think of the last time THAT stadium looked great to me....

Hmm...was it in 2001 when you left thinking the WS was in the bag? 2003 when the MARLINS won the last championship on that field? 2004 when the Sox PISSED on the field after coming back from 0-3...I know its a hard one...so many choices...

Go away...

I stay away from politics here; in fact I run here to get away from politics. I just want to comment on 2 politicians from Chicago and their baseball loyalties. Barack is a lifelong White Sox fan, but has jumped on the Phillies bandwagon in the WS . Hillary is a lifelong Cubs fan, but jumped on the Yankees bandwagon when she was running and they were in the WS.
    Maybe if the Chicago pols were actually loyal their teams would have more than 1 WS win combined in the last 90 years.

So when the Phillies win it all, and your tickets for those games are worth a ton of money in 2009 at Citi, thank Barack.

BTW, I still have not seen any team in the post season that the Mets bullpen could handle. Every game would have been a HR Derby contest.

But you know what? With all the railings, steep steps to upper decks, levels overhanging other levels and such in MLB, how does the average fan get hurt or worse? By falling off something you find in every shopping mall in America: the friggin' escalators of all things.

Go figure.

Really? I mean REALLY???

Called for? Needed?

(Psst....I hear the most famous, most historical, 'mecca of baseball' is being torn down very VERY soon too)....Ill make SURE to run over to that thread just to rub salt in your wounds too you jagoff...

Hmm...was it in 2001 when you left thinking the WS was in the bag? 2003 when the MARLINS won the last championship on that field? 2004 when the Sox PISSED on the field after coming back from 0-3...I know its a hard one...so many choices...

Go away...
    amazing saltz....well put.

http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Really? I mean REALLY???

Called for? Needed?

Go away...
    Hey Saltzy ... Don't forget we swept them in their "baseball mecca" this year ... That 15 run game looked pretty good to me

Quote Originally Posted by RichieA13 View Post
    This photo is proported to be Opening Day @ Shea - 1964. You can see the bunting all around the decks, so it probably IS legit.
    I think it's the real thing. Presented for your consideration:

• The area at the top of the scoreboard where the Mets logo would be is blank.
    • At the bottom of the scoreboard, the only ad is the Rheingold sign.
    • There's an unintentional "pattern" in the outfield that I've only seen in photos taken at the home opener.

It's too bad Photo File chose this photograph to mass produce, because the shadows are already over the plate. Surely there have got to be better photos available somewhere?????
    Last edited by Gary Dunaier; 10-27-2008 at 09:35 AM.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by RichieA13 View Post
    How long did it take the rocket scientists who built Shea to realize that it MIGHT be a GOOD idea to put a railing along the edge of the deck to prevent fans from falling a couple of hundred feet to their deaths!!
    Ummmm..... there is a railing in the photo, but I can see how the angle at which it was taken might make you think otherwise.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by NunuMet View Post
    Hey Saltzy ... Don't forget we swept them in their "baseball mecca" this year ... That 15 run game looked pretty good to me
    I mean seriously....its MIND BOGGLING to me that a Yankees fan would think they have a shred of a part of a piece of a section of a leg to stand on to talk sh*t right now...

Hey momo....were essentially in the EXACT same place right now...

BOTH fan bases are/will be watching their stadiums torn down to bring in roughly $1b HOK stadiums...

BOTH are/have watched their arch rivals win the World Series(twice for them)....

BOTH have top tier 3rd baseman that cant hit in the clutch....

But I should realize the Yankee fans mantra....'Talk sh*t when theres something to talk sh*t about, and when there is nothing to talk about....talk sh*t anyway to anyone about anything that maybe sh*t talkable about whether its by the Yankees hands or not....'

8 years....8 YEARS of nothing, and they think that they are in a position to boast....

8 YEARS of blowing 2 WS, One ALCS up 3-0, of watching ARod ground into season ending DP's and b*tch slapping balls out of gloves, 1st baseman and SP's admitting to steroids....of the Marlins winning the WS on their turf....of watching the Red Sox win TWO WS's....and of them finishing 4th this year...oh and of having HANK STEINBRENNER run the team....anything else...OH YEA...Joba blowing a .134 while driving...

Remember though, they have 26 championships(and a martini bar, Hard Rock cafe...and a bastardized '2000's' edition of Monument Park)...GOD am I jealous!

On behalf of everyone else allow me to express our sincere jealousy....

DELUSIONAL MORON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Ummmm..... there is a railing in the photo, but I can see how the angle at which it was taken might make you think otherwise.
    Here's a pic of Shea under construction and it looks like one is indeed in place.
    I enlarged the end of the grandstand and it's clearly there.

Blog Entries
    Don't fret guys, the Yankee fan now is only feeling the insecurity and loneliness we battle hardened Mets fans always have felt.

You see losing to the "new" type of Yankee fan (one who really came along seeing the team win from the mid 90s on but thinks they were there in 1978 and when Ruth called out his home run) is not used to losing. They played second fiddle to nobody that whole entire time

Now 8 years removed from their 26th world title, its still hard for them to grasp this idea that the baseball world no longer revolves around the men in prison stripes.

OH WELL
    Last edited by Jim Vaz; 10-27-2008 at 09:57 AM.

There is definitely a rail on all levels. You can see the upper deck rail at the top of this photo. Gary and Aviator are right. It was just the angle of the photo. In fact I took a similar photo at Shea looking back from that exact angle back in August and because of the angle it might still appear to have no rail. I'll have to grab that pic when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    Don't fret guys, the Yankee fan now is only feeling the insecurity and loneliness we battle hardened Mets fans always have felt.

You see losing to the "new" type of Yankee fan (one who really came along seeing the team win from the mid 90s on but thinks they were there in 1978 and when Ruth called out his home run) is not used to losing. They played second fiddle to nobody that whole entire time

Now 8 years removed from their 26th world title, its still hard for them to grasp this idea that the baseball world no longer revolves around the men in prison stripes.

OH WELL
    I know, I know the thead is detouring....THE THREAD IS DETOURING....DEAR GOD!!!...THE THREAD IS DETOURING!!!

But I digress...its sad. I mean that seriously.

SAD.

Without sh*t talking they have nothing. They cant enjoy the game. They cant reminise over good moments theyve had....NOPE....All they have is the want to see others go through tough times so they dont have to admit they are having them as well....

I say again.....SAD and more so....PATHETIC....

Its what losers do. Laugh at the other people in the sh*tter and try to drag them down to their pathetic level so they can feel better about themselves....

Thank you dad!...thank you for steering me towards a team Im proud to support even in the worst of times, and not the one that gives me the lunacy to laugh at other teams no matter what state ours is in...

Exactly 2 Miles From Babe Ruth's Final Resting Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I GUESS something is there .... must be that black line in the middle of the sidewall?? You got me! Looking at the attached photo that Gary shared with us this AM got me to thinking that these seats must have been the early descendants of the Dream Seats! These must have been pretty cool seats to sit in these seats in their day! Got your own intimate section all to yourself. Makes you wonder how vendors got food to them, too!!
    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson24 View Post
    Here's a link from Metsblog of the video of the scoreboard being pulled down.

http://www.metsblog.com/2008/10/23/v...rd-is-no-more/
    I know it's been about a week (sorry, I'm slacking), but here's a larger version of the scoreboard demolition...

http://service.twistage.com/plugins/...=c220f0e296afd

Page 105 of 562 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast