Page 322 of 715 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 14282

Thread: Shea Stadium

Were gonna be on the Channel 2 news in a few minutes...

Fire up the DVR's....

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHamp View Post
    Were gonna be on the Channel 2 news in a few minutes...

Fire up the DVR's....
    my dvr is up and recording

anyone know how to get that dvr to make it an avi file for the computer, I would love to see this again.
    Any baseball-fever people looking for Mets tickets for single dates or a small package for face value for next year, as I will not be able to make all 81 games, send me a PM and we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by EM0909153 View Post
    anyone know how to get that dvr to make it an avi file for the computer, I would love to see this again.
    dont know.
    Im going to use my digital camera record the story from my flat screen and post it.
    The story should be on wcbs website

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    dont know.
    Im going to use my digital camera record the story from my flat screen and post it.
    The story should be on wcbs website
    YEa I'm going to record it with my phone
    Any baseball-fever people looking for Mets tickets for single dates or a small package for face value for next year, as I will not be able to make all 81 games, send me a PM and we can work something out.

Curiously what time did they give out the seat backs, I left around 200, must of been shortly after that

The piece is coming up on WCBS.

OK...Im jumping the gun here, but I have a distict feeling that CBS is about to take credit for this gathering...

Quote Originally Posted by EM0909153 View Post
    YEa I'm going to record it with my phone
    The quality would be horrible with a phone. Try using a camcorder.

It was great to meet some of you this afternoon. Amazing how many people came out in the cold for this. Seeing the destruction of Shea firsthand was quite a site. The Breeze foreman said in 2 weeks it will all be gone.

I also have to think this was a missed opportunity by the Mets. I'm not exactly sure what would have been appropriate for them to do, but maybe a little table with some hot chocolate or something. Just a little acknowledgment that we all came out, other than sending a bunch of Mets security guards to follow us around would have been nice.

the CBS spot will be on in a couple minutes
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

OK...Im jumping the gun here, but I have a distict feeling that CBS is about to take credit for this gathering...
    Why? islandxtreme26 could easily sue them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluth Banana View Post
    It was great to meet some of you this afternoon. Amazing how many people came out in the cold for this. Seeing the destruction of Shea firsthand was quite a site. The Breeze foreman said in 2 weeks it will all be gone.

I also have to think this was a missed opportunity by the Mets. I'm not exactly sure what would have been appropriate for them to do, but maybe a little table with some hot chocolate or something. Just a little acknowledgment that we all came out, other than sending a bunch of Mets security guards to follow us around would have been nice.
    They could of sent David Wright or any other mets player.

Quote Originally Posted by seg555 View Post
    Why? islandxtreme26 could easily sue them.
    Just thought it a tad ironic that on the tease it showed the reporter inside the site getting a brick and making it look like he took it upon himself to 'Shea Goodbye'...

I await this story with baited breath.

Just caught it...wish I wasn't working today...

But looks like you guys had a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by njmeadowlanders View Post
    Just caught it...wish I wasn't working today...

But looks like you guys had a good time...
    give me 20 mins and i will post the video

Have to see what SNY has for 10PM but islandextreme got about 5 seconds of talking without a name to go with him.
    Last edited by EM0909153; 01-31-2009 at 03:30 PM.

HEY! I am a die-hard Mets fan holding down the fort here in Atlanta, GA. I've been keeping up with this thread since it started and I must say you guys have done a great job with it. To say I appreciate it would be an understatement and would not do, how I truly feel, any justice. I am still trying to be at The Citi for Opening Day so we'll see how it goes.

What I do know is that seeing the pictures of all the fans out there today really put into perspective one of the reasons I miss living in NY. Now, if someone in the pictures was wearing Jets sh!t with a pizza pie in his/her hand, I'd reflect on the other reasons. I was glad I said my goodbyes this past September 5th when Brett Myers shut the Mets down 3-0, but I took my share of pics and was there really to see her one last time. I spent my formidable years there...cutting class early to see some games...watching my parents and brother kick the a$$ out of some punks in the upper deck back in '87 (Kevin Elster was batting)...saying hello to Johnny Franco inside the Mets bullpen...and learning how to throw a slider from Don Drysdale outside of the Mets Clubhouse. Shea Stadium was the only stadium I knew.

Now, I'm still at every Mets game...when they play the Braves at Turner Field. I will say this, Turner Field and all the other newer stadiums that I've been to can't hold a candle to the older parks. Shea did not age gracefully, but it was classic because it represented my team, a generation of baseball, and specifically Mets fans.

Thank you to everybody for the pics over the last two plus years, the Mets, and to NY for the passion it delivers everyday. You guys out there today should be proud of what you demonstrated. You made it known that the Mets are OUR TEAM no matter what.

THANK YOU!

Just thought it a tad ironic that on the tease it showed the reporter inside the site getting a brick and making it look like he took it upon himself to 'Shea Goodbye'...

I await this story with baited breath.
    I retract my statement...good job CBS...

Well done fellas...(could have done without the kid saying we never win)....but the fade out of us singing Meet the Mets with the ariel of old Shea was awesome...

Thats officially a wrap on Shea I guess...

Page 322 of 715 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast