Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Astrodome / Harris County Domed Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan View Post
    If they've been posted, I missed it, but I have yet to see any pictures of the Astrodome during it's renovation/seating expansion in the late 80's. Anyone have any?
    Mike Acosta tweeted this pic last month, the outfield during the 1989 NBA All-Star game.

B9rXdL2CEAAtyIi.jpg

Did the renovation/seating expansion take place during any of the Oilers or Astros seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan View Post
    Did the renovation/seating expansion take place during any of the Oilers or Astros seasons?
    Yes. It took place during the Oilers entire 1988 season and the 1989 Astros season until August. The first preseason game for the Oilers in '89 is when those seats opened for the first time. There are not many photos that I have seen, but I know they have to exist.

Our trip to the Astrodome in 1968. I noticed that the AstroHall had a plain top on it, but some pictures show a red and white stripped top. Any idea when the top was painted?Astro.jpg

Check the renovations at the 26.00 minute mark in the video. Aka: the addition that ruined the dome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDk0d3bJZfQ&t=1575

A shot of His Airness during the 1989 NBA All-Star Game at the Astrodome with the unfinished upper deck in the background.

1989-MJ-AJ-IV.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jrewing View Post
    Our trip to the Astrodome in 1968. I noticed that the AstroHall had a plain top on it, but some pictures show a red and white stripped top. Any idea when the top was painted?Astro.jpg
    It was painted in 1969. The circus had moved into the Astrohall and someone had an idea to paint it like a big top.

This never gets old for me! 3 guys went into the astrodome the other night and took pictures of everything they saw. They even have some new shots like the hot tubes, offices, and others:

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/03/the...ned-astrodome/
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

"Houston’s NRG Astrodome “Can And Should Live On,” Says ULI Report" Here's the press release announcing the completion of ULI's report on the Dome. Take a look!
    http://uli.org/press-release/houston...visoryservices

Wasn't sure where else to post this. The basketball seating configuration at Reliant Stadium for the South Regional Semifinals is the strangest basketball/dome setup I've ever seen. I know they do this for dry runs for next year's Final Four, but the configuration will be different next year anyway. So why not just put the floor in one of the endzones (like the Carrier Dome) or play it at the Toyota Center?

Since it has nothing to with baseball, you're at the wrong forum but the answer to your question is, it's the NCAA and the NCAA is all about the $$$.

Ideally, the Houston Astros would move back into the NRG Astrodome while Minute Maid Park is converted into low income housing or something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Which one looks like a real baseball venue? To me, it's the Astrodome hands down.MM Astro.jpgmm park.jpg

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122