Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Astrodome / Harris County Domed Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Question, why did they get rid of astroworld? Was it pressure from the Texans, the value of the land, or was it getting too rough? I've heard all 3.
    They had some gang issues and I think the park had some financial issues. Six Flags decided to close it. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo owns the property now. They use it for parking to their events.

Quote Originally Posted by Astros View Post
    They had some gang issues and I think the park had some financial issues. Six Flags decided to close it. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo owns the property now. They use it for parking to their events.
    Astros, is there still a pedestrian crossover of the 610 freeway from Reliant Park to the former Astroworld site?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Astros View Post
    So no pressure from the Texans or Live Stock Show to close it?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
    Astros, is there still a pedestrian crossover of the 610 freeway from Reliant Park to the former Astroworld site?
    Yes. It is still used when people and trams cross from parking on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    So no pressure from the Texans or Live Stock Show to close it?
    Neither organization had anything to do with it......unless there was behind the scenes land swindling plans.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    That's the game that Kareem said they would score and the crowd was so far away that you would hear the cheers like 3 seconds later
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Blog Entries
    Ed Emmett at the Astrodome, one year ago today.

CfpOcjaUMAAIVEY.jpg

why did they bother to remove the seats if they had no immediate plans for demo or an alt use of the building?

Quote Originally Posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    why did they bother to remove the seats if they had no immediate plans for demo or an alt use of the building?
    Maybe to install at multiple facilities in and around the greater Houston area. I know that there are several baseball/softball facilities in Cincinnati with some old Riverfront Stadium seats.

Seats are fabric. With limited climate control running in the dome, you're making a perfect place for mold to grow.

Sell the seats before they become trash!

Grounds crew guy making time with an usher, 1965

515493876.jpg

jC4k86e.jpg
    Last edited by alpineinc; 12-12-2016 at 06:20 PM.

That's funny. I have a friend who used to tell girls in a bar that he was an astronaut.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132