Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Hicks must sell the Rangers

Do you guys no what you are sayin is it Hicks fault that the rangers cant make a easy play. Is it Hick's fault that there starting pitchers can't last more than 2 innings. And every time we have a decent player we traid them. Take Chris young. We traded him and he's doing great in San Diego. Danks was one of our top prospects and we traded him. Dont blame it all on hicks. I dont know what on earth Dainels is thinking trading the better palyers on our time. But I do agree with Randy. He needs to care about giving more attention to winning and not the ballpark and it's name.
    Congrats Sammy Sosa big number 600 . And after that hr The cat hit 1 of the most least noticed hr's ever. See you in coopers tow sammy.

Quote Originally Posted by gambler21777 View Post
    Do you guys no what you are sayin is it Hicks fault that the rangers cant make a easy play. Is it Hick's fault that there starting pitchers can't last more than 2 innings. And every time we have a decent player we traid them. Take Chris young. We traded him and he's doing great in San Diego. Danks was one of our top prospects and we traded him. Dont blame it all on hicks. I dont know what on earth Dainels is thinking trading the better palyers on our time. But I do agree with Randy. He needs to care about giving more attention to winning and not the ballpark and it's name.
    Didn't hicks hire that wanna be GM who made all those bad trades?

No its not entirely Hicks fault but he should take a lot more blame than most.

Well...Hicks fired Melvin, hired Hart, let Fuson get away and hired Daniels. Their payroll is still ridiculously low for the size market they play in, and that is set by the owner. His signing of Arod and eventual trade of him was an abortion all the way around. I just think he is an obnoxious, arrogant liar who believes we are stupid enough to buy the crap he keeps shoveling!

Quote Originally Posted by gambler21777 View Post
    okay.., yes it is hicks fault. who do you think he hired to trade away all those good players?? are you familiar with baseball?
    Texas Ranger Baseball 2008..

Yes!

Hicks is an abortion of an owner.

He doesn't care one whit about winning baseball- he is solely a businessman.

As long as suckers still sidle up to the ticket window and fork over their hard-earned money to see this indescribably awful team play, Hicks will smile and count his money.

PLEASE sell this team, Hicks... to someone who is a baseball man.

Not some bean counter who is off buying English Premiere League soccer teams- and who knows what else.

I don't know if you all agree with me on the fact that Jon Daniels is an awful GM, but if you are, things just got worse. Jon Daniels signed a one year extension.

What the h*ll is the matter with this management?
    Texas Ranger Baseball 2008..

Quote Originally Posted by wilkerson_rulz-06 View Post
    Oh my God, no offence, this is pathetic, he can have as many franchises as he wants.

Just because he bought Liverpool with George Gillett (Montreal Canadiens owner) and has interest in other teams is no reason for him to sell the Rangers.

Come on people, like, what the hell?
    It's not as if an owner has a pivotal role when it comes to the success of his franchise, besides giving money in hundreds.
    you're not serious are you??? An owner can have incredible amounts of influence on the success of a team. It was Hicks' decision to release Doug Melvin, hire john hart, fire grady fuson, hire jon daniels and keep Hart on as an advisor. Now Doug melvin is tops in his division in the NL with milwuakee and Grady fuson is on top of his division with the padres as well.

Ever since Tom Hicks took the team over in '97 the team has been in a steady decline and is now starting to hit rock bottom.

Tom Hicks reminds me of the owner in Major League....

http://lonerangers.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12