Thread: Nationals & affiliates websites-Updated for 2017

Nationals & affiliates websites-Updated for 2017

Here are links to the websites for the Washington Nationals and all their minor league affiliates for the 2007 season:

Washington Nationals: Nationals website

Columbus Clippers, International League, AAA: Columbus Clippers website

Harrisburg Senators, Eastern League, AA: Harrisburg Senators website

Potomac Nationals, Carolina League, A: Potomac Nationals website

Hagerstown Suns, South Atlantic (SALLY) League, A: Hagerstown Suns website

Vermont Lake Monsters, New York-Penn League (short season), A: Vermont Lake Monsters website

Gulf Coast Nationals, Gulf Coast League, Rookie: Gulf Coast Nationals website
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 02-22-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Wow, the Lake Monsters are a Rookie League club and they have a better website than the Chiefs!!!

http://www.syracusechiefs.com

Final standings of minor league affiliates

With the regular season having ended for the parent Nationals, here's a quick rundown of how the minor league affiliates fared during the 2007 season:

AAA Columbus Clippers 64-80, .444 18.5 GB in the 4 team International League West Division.

AA Harrisburg Senators 55-86, .390 26.5 GB in the Eastern League Southern Division.

A Potomac Nationals 40-29 (2nd Half), .580 5 GB in the Carolina League Northern Division.

A Hagerstown Suns 55-81, .404 27 GB in the Sally League Northern Division.

A (Short Season) Vermont Lake Monsters 38-37, 5.5 GB in the New York-Penn League Stedler Division.

Rookie Gulf Coast League Nationals 23-31, .426 16.5 GB in the Gulf Coast League Eastern Division.

Overall, Nationals affiliates didn't fare too well either. Is this attributable to the farm system having been decimated during the stint when MLB "owned" the Expos/Nationals franchise or is there another explanation?

To be fair, I didn't check up on how minor league affiliates of other teams did. Does a winning minor league system necessarily translate into winning at the major league level? (Particularly in these days of free agency?)
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Just cruising through...

As far as the Nats minor league system, several factors...

1. There is a certain "recovery" factor to the results of the minor league system being ignored for so long under MLB ownership.

2. Although Baseball America has thought very highly of the draft choices the Nats have made over the past few years, the Nats have been unable to sign many of these players. They have been extremely cheap in terms of initial offers and many players have chosen not to sign and go back into the draft rather than sign with Washington.

3. Morale at the minor league level. It is awful. Everything is done 4th rate, on the cheap. Every dollar and cent is monitored like crazy. Simple things like sunflower seeds for the dugout come out of the players pockets. Even more simple, and important things like bats are in short supply sometimes. It's absolutely pathetic what some of these kids are going through in what is supposed to be professional baseball.

Which picks did they not sign?

The Nats were able to sign a majority of their 2007 draft picks, however in 2006 they lost 2nd rounder Sean Black, 7th rounder Sam Brown, and 9th rounder Joey Rosas, among othres. Black was a steal to fall to round 2, many figured him gone by the middle of round 1. Brown was one of the top 10 lefty arms available according to some scouts and Rosas was a nice find in the 9th. All would have helped bolster an organization that has been been pitching deficient, however Washington couldn't get any of these guys signed.

The most contentious was the Black negotiations. The Nats were SUPER cheap on their offer and it cost them.

It would be great if winning in the minors translated to winning in the majors, but it doesn't happen. 1 reason is that there are guys who, for one reason or another, excell in the minors, but don't have the ability to play in the majors (4-A is a term a lot of them get). It's a shame to waste a draft pick on one, but it happens sometimes, and when it does, it's unfortunate. Few people realize that of the thousands of players in the minors, only a small percentage will ever make it to the majors, and of the few that do, most don't make a big enough impact to help out the major-league club.

New AAA affiliate-the Syracuse Chiefs

While the rest of the organization has remained surprisingly stable, there were no changes in affiliates for 2008, the Nationals new AAA team is the Syracuse Chiefs, a franchise the Washington Senators had a working agreement with way back in the early 1960's.

Here's the link: Syracuse Chiefs website

The minor league affiliates for 2010 haven't changed. Here's a link to the Nationals minor league page:

Nationals minor league affiliates
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 03-27-2010 at 03:25 AM.

One change for 2011-the Nationals affiliate in the short season (Class "A") New York-Penn League is now the Auburn Doubledays. The Vermont Lake Monsters are now affiliated with the Oakland Athletics.

Auburn Doubledays website
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 03-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Washington Nationals affiliates, updated for 2013

I didn't update this list last year due to being on the DL. However, I'm mercifully in much better shape this spring. I think that it's about time to fully update, or at least refresh, the Nationals affiliates listing. Without further ado, here are the Nationals affiliates for 2013:

AAA International League: Syracuse Chiefs Syracuse Chiefs

AA Eastern League: Harrisburg Senators Harrisburg Senators

A Carolina League: Potomac Nationals Potomac Nationals

A South Atlantic (Sally) League: Hagerstown Suns Hagerstown Suns

A New York-Penn League: Auburn Doubledays Auburn Doubledays

Rookie: Gulf Coast League: GCL Nationals GCL Nationals

Rookie: Dominican Summer League: DSL Nationals DSL Nationals
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 04-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Smile Washington Nationals affiliates, "updated" for 2014

There really aren't any updates, the Nationals minor league affiliates for 2014 remain the same as they were in 2013. For links to specific teams, use the links in the 2013 post.

Washington Nationals affiliates, "updated" for 2015

Once again, there really aren't any updates, the Nationals minor league affiliates for 2015 remain the same as they were in 2013 and 2014. For links to specific teams, use the links in the 2013 post.

Washington Nationals minor league affiliates for 2017

AAA Syracuse Chiefs (International League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t552

AA Harrisburg Senators (Eastern League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t547

A (Adv.) Potomac Nationals (Carolina League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t436

A Hagerstown Suns (South Atlantic League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t436

A Auburn Doubledays (New York-Penn League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t458

Rookie DSL Nationals (Dominican Summer League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t1270

Rookie GCL Nationals (Gulf Coast League) http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t466