Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate ...

I hate ...

I hate the new pop up ads on BF. Please make them stop.

(I know this isn't baseball current events, but I don't see any "General" or "Site" forums.)
    Quote Originally Posted by George & Al
    Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Quote Originally Posted by OldEnglishD View Post
    I hate the new pop up ads on BF. Please make them stop.

(I know this isn't baseball current events, but I don't see any "General" or "Site" forums.)
    There is in fact a "Web Improvements" forum. That is where I have moved this thread to.

Now, which pop ups are you talking about?

Blog Entries
    I think its a monster.com pop-up. I've seen it come up the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
    Yeah, that's been bugging the crud out of me.

That, and I've been getting a Comcast pop-up that follows your cursor around. Sometimes I get one monster ad inside of another, and then the Comcast ad on top of that. You would think that established companies like comcast and monster.com wouldn't go as low as pop-up advertising. (BTW, there not the pop-ups that come up in a separate screen, but the ones that come up on the page and can't be blocked)

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
    There is in fact a "Web Improvements" forum. That is where I have moved this thread to.

Now, which pop ups are you talking about?
    Ah, thank you. I didn't even notice this area .

Yeah, it's the monster pop ups that has been discussed above.
    Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Hmm... Luckily I don't have a problem with any of these.

I've noticed it also, but it only pops up for me when I first come on to fever. I just click the close button and it goes away. What's the big deal?
    "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
    -Casey Stengel

Quote Originally Posted by cbenson5 View Post
    I've noticed it also, but it only pops up for me when I first come on to fever. I just click the close button and it goes away. What's the big deal?
    It happens most of the time I go to the index, sometimes 3 at a time. Not a huge deal, but it's annoying.

Blog Entries

I hate...

when people title a thread that does not fully explain what the thread is about...

Drives me nuts!

anyway, Geoff here is what we are seeing.

BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post

Yeah I am getting that one too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RBi View Post
    when people title a thread that does not fully explain what the thread is about...

Drives me nuts!

anyway, Geoff here is what we are seeing.

I have never seen that one ... yet that is.
    The only time I get pop ups is when I am using explorer. If I am on Mozilla Firefox... I do not get them at all.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've seen that one, and I'm very annoyed by it. It's big, it takes up too much room, and it's pointless, like other ads are. Ads just drive me nuts, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by RBi View Post

Drives me nuts!
    lol, sorry.

Just in case you don't know this, you can just hover your mouse over a title; and can read a little of what's inside the thread.

it kinda bugs me too; sorry again - but that might help ya for if it happens again .

(and oh, yeah - that's exactly the pop up I was referring to)

Blocked it this morning. They normally are purged from the que within one day. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Sean

Blog Entries
    I use Firefox and I haven't gotten a pop-up in over a month. Not since the baseball following me around wanted to give me a laptop.

I cannot recall the last time I got a popup whilst on BBF. I have no idea what I have done to be so lucky but I have.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Blocked it this morning. They normally are purged from the que within one day. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Sean
    Thanks Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post

Sean
    Thanks man.

Thanks Sean!

First it was sex adds for a while and now every time I come on the site it says I'm either the 99, 999th or 10, 1000th visiter of the site...I feel sorry for the poor idiot that clicks on those and thinks he's actually won.

Blog Entries
    The problem of pop-ups is not limited to Fever, by any means. One of the traditional ways to curb them is with a pop-up blocker.

Here is the one I have used. Simple and free to install.

Works beyond belief. Here is the link.

http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/

It's called noads. Here's how it works. Whenever a popup pops up on your screen, you click onto the little noads icon on your bottom toolbar. It pops up its control panel. It will have the address of the offending popup listed on its screen. You click onto the address, and it then registers that popup on its registry. That popup will never pop up again. It's zapped as soon as it tries to rear its obnoxious little self.

I use it for all sites, not just Fever, and I'm now popup-free for free. It's SO refreshing!

Bill
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 09-25-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by william_burgess@usa.net View Post
    The problem of pop-ups is not limited to Fever, by any means. One of the traditional ways to curb them is with a pop-up blocker.

Here is the one I have used. Simple and free to install.

Works beyond belief. Here is the link.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:t...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

It's called noads. Here's how it works. Whenever a popup pops up on your screen, you click onto the little noads icon on your bottom toolbar. It pops up its control panel. It will have the address of the offending popup listed on its screen. You click onto the address, and it then registers that popup on its registry. That popup will never pop up again. It's zapped as soon as it tries to rear its obnoxious little self.

I use it for all sites, not just Fever, and I'm now popup-free for free. It's SO refreshing!

Bill
    The problem with the pop-ups that were mentioned above were that they were actually on the page, like the Ads on top of the page, except they are over the text, blocking your view of the page. My pop-up blocker that came with my Internet, and other's blocker's too, couldn't stop them.

Blog Entries
    I encountered a full-page ad when on BBF today. Normally I don't get any pop-ups, or anything like that, but I can't deal with this one. If it could leave I would be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    I encountered a full-page ad when on BBF today. Normally I don't get any pop-ups, or anything like that, but I can't deal with this one. If it could leave I would be very happy.
    I thought it was just me, but this happen to me too. I clicked a link in the new posts page and a full page that looked like a amazon.com like thing popped up, instead of the page. I'll post a picture if it happens again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast