X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WMH99
    • Mar 2008

I'm a National's Fan

I've been a National's fan since they announced they would start playing in DC. I've been a Washington baseball fan since the summer of 67 when I learned the difference between an Oriole and a Senator. Believe me that's hard to do when the Orioles were contenders every year and the Birds swept the Dodgers in 4 in the 66 series. If you were a Senators fan, you went to see big Frank hit a homerun or Eddie Brinkman cover the infield. Bosman and Knowles could throw some pretty good pitches too. I am glad we have a National league team this time because my replacement team for the Senators after they moved to Texas was the Red Sox. That has finally paid off. I guess the big dream now would be to see Nationals play the Red Sox in the World Series. The topper would be to see Jimmy Piersall the famous outfielder who played for Washington and Boston throw out the first ball. Jimmy played for the Senators when RFK opened as DC stadium. He also ran around the bases backwards when he hit his 100th homerun.

Comment

• KingJ
      Western fan of the East
      • Jun 2005

Time to get this show on the road!!!
      The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
      Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

• greekchampion04
        • Mar 2008

Nationals fan here. Season ticket holder since 2005 and I LOVE the new stadium!

Thank you ZIMMERMAN for giving us a great ending to a fantastic game and day in history!
        http://www.jdland.com/dc/images/othe...n-200802-1.jpg

Comment

• nextnatspitcher12
          • May 2008

Big Nats fan, thank you Ryan Zimmerman, for theat heart watming walk off home run at Nationals Park. It's a great memory.

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
            It's good to be back
            • Aug 2005

How about we reupdate this thread guys...

it seems less active round this place than it was last year.

I'm still here, as well as a few others.
            Cristobal

Comment

• Peorgie T
              Sec. 113
              • Nov 2004

Present....

Comment

• Aa3rt
                Still a Senators fan!
                • Oct 2003

Still here...
                "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• kgrifeyjr30
                  • Jul 2008

im new to the site and unfortunately i too am a diehard nats fan...add me to the list
                  "He is the greatest natural hitter I ever saw." -Ty Cobb

"I copied Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest hitter I had ever seen, the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter." -Babe Ruth

"Everything he hit was really blessed. He could break bones with his shots. Blindfold me and I could still tell you when Joe hit the ball. It had a special crack." -Ernie Shore

Comment

• d33ps
                    • Sep 2006

khangin around...
                    "Lopez received a routine day off from the starting lineup on Sunday, though he later entered the game as a defensive replacement.
                    It's odd to see Lopez being superior defensively to anyone at shortstop, until you see that the Nats started D'Angelo Jimenez at short."

Comment

• richey
                      • Aug 2008

Nats fan here, i live in DC so ive been a fan ever since they moved here.
                      I love the new stadium too :cap:

Comment

• droozer
                        • Oct 2008

im absolutley a nats fan

love the new park

and unis
                        sigpic

Comment

• BaseballinDC
                          • Jul 2008

Although the Tigers will always be my favorite team, I now live in DC and the Nationals coming to town helped (along with the birth of my little boy) reignite my interest in baseball, so count me in.

I also like the new stadium very much. It's a touch "modern" in its appointments for my taste, but it's very much a "fan's stadium" in its lay out - you can see the action from anywhere, there are really no "bad" seats, etc.

My favorite thing right now is the new road unis, but they need to dump the blue hats if they're going with red lettering. I'll definitely buy the away field jacket when they market it next spring.

Comment

• Staredge
                            Mediocre RF/Wannabe 1B
                            • May 2004

I'm in, since they got here. Fall in & out with baseball, although I usually keep an eye on the standings. I live near Hagerstown, home of the class A affiliate Hagerstown Suns.
                            Will

Jimmy Dugan: ... But sneaking out like this, quitting, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Baseball is what gets inside you. It's what lights you up, you can't deny that.
                            Dottie Hinson: It just got too hard.
                            Jimmy Dugan: It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.

Comment

• Peorgie T
                              Sec. 113
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Staredge View Post
                              I'm in, since they got here. Fall in & out with baseball, although I usually keep an eye on the standings. I live near Hagerstown, home of the class A affiliate Hagerstown Suns.
                              Welcome, this board has withered of late, but it's nice to add more Nats fans as opposed to the trolls that have started to show up.

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
                                It's good to be back
                                • Aug 2005

I have drifted away, and I apologize for that. This team has frustrated me so much.
                                Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X