0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ---

0 0%
  • ---

0 0%
Page 7 of 538 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

This is the 400th Post in the thread!

& the Red Sox have still not won a World Series.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by YankeeMan:
    "This is the 400th Post in the thread!"

yeah and it wasn't a bad read for the first 100 or so...

i wonder how many of the posts are just banter between you and Ken...not sure there's been anything additive to the thread subject in many moons, except maybe someone wants a record?

enough already...

who's the moderator here...

razors

Originally posted by razors
    who's the moderator here...
    That would be YankeeMan

Question It's your choice . . .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by razors
    [i]Originally posted by YankeeMan:
    yeah and it wasn't a bad read for the first 100 or so...
    i wonder how many of the posts are just banter between you and Ken...not sure there's been anything additive to the thread subject in many moons, except maybe someone wants a record?
    enough already...
    who's the moderator here... razors
    The "banter", as you call it, is between two very opinionated baseball fans extending what their two teams have been involved in for a century, it's called a rivalry. {see title page} It's your choice to come here to read and add your thoughts to the thread. It's also your choice not to . . .
    . . . . . .

nono... not "best thread ever" its:

"best...thread...evar!!!11!"

The 'a' and 1's in the !'s are mandatory.

Anyway, this really is the best thread ever, at least on this forum. It's fun. It's yankees vs. redsox, back to back with insults and all that good stuff.

love it.
    Last edited by Biggerin; 06-04-2003 at 05:20 PM.
    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
    -Scott Stossel

161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by VTSoxFan
    Hey that's news to me! What else has my astral body been doing when I'm not paying attention? Good grief! Is there a past life regression therapist in the house? How'd I get dragged into this, anyway?
    Yeah, when you were in the Fenway or Yankee Stadium bleachers, the Bronx bodysnatchers replaced your "LETS GO RED SOX!" with "LET'S GO YANKEES!"

How'd you get dragged into it? I had to drag some unwilling soul into this thread, didn't I?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

just thought I'd mention that the sox are in first place again.
    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
    -Scott Stossel

Lightbulb George said the Reds were too good for NYY to handle.

Originally posted by Biggerin
    just thought I'd mention that the sox are in first place again.
    Originally posted by YankeeMan - updated by Ken

I wonder if the "Yankee Nation" enjoyed the brief stay in first place. Sheesh, I thought they'd hold it a couple of weeks at least.
    Truer words . . .

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    Yeah, when you were in the Fenway or Yankee Stadium bleachers, the Bronx bodysnatchers replaced your "LETS GO RED SOX!" with "LET'S GO YANKEES!"

How'd you get dragged into it? I had to drag some unwilling soul into this thread, didn't I?
    AUGH! never never never never! My non-corporeal form is just as loyal to the Sox as the rest of me, and can not be turned, no matter what the nefarious Bronx bodysnatchers may try. (I see a movie... or at least a comic book, in this.)

Are you guys enjoying your stay at the Great American Ballpark? We sure are enjoying your stay there!
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Re: It's your choice . . .

Originally posted by KenFougere:
    "The "banter", as you call it, is between two very opinionated baseball fans extending what their two teams have been involved in for a century, it's called a rivalry. {see title page} It's your choice to come here to read and add your thoughts to the thread. It's also your choice not to . . . "

Thanks for letting me know my choices on involvement in this forum KenFougere!

Anyway, you may think that you are extending a [bitter] rivalry {see title page} - I think you're extending a thread for the sake of it...no harm in that -AT ALL- most GOOD forums end-up having a thread like this once in a while...

...I just happen to think that the best threads are those that have a bit more substance for the majority...I hate to miss a good post because it's buried in an inordinantly long thread...but no big whoop KenFougere, stay cool - I'm glad you're having fun...

razors

[For your edification KenFougere, in case I have mis-characterized your interaction with the Yankeeman.

Banter:
    NOUN: Good-humored, playful conversation.
    TRANSITIVE VERB: To speak to in a playful or teasing way.
    INTRANSITIVE VERB: To exchange mildly teasing remarks]

Re: Re: It's your choice . . .

Originally posted by razors
    [B]
    Anyway, you may think that you are extending a [bitter] rivalry {see title page} - I think you're extending a thread for the sake of it...

...I just happen to think that the best threads are those that have a bit more substance for the majority...I hate to miss a good post because it's buried in an inordinantly long thread...

Hey Razor I gotta butt in here ('cause I am an A-hole sometimes )

...aint you (actually we ) doin the same thing?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
    AUGH! never never never never! My non-corporeal form is just as loyal to the Sox as the rest of me, and can not be turned, no matter what the nefarious Bronx bodysnatchers may try. (I see a movie... or at least a comic book, in this.)

Are you guys enjoying your stay at the Great American Ballpark? We sure are enjoying your stay there!
    The Bronx Bodysnatchers aren't finished. Remember, it's still June. Let's see what happens after the break, if history is any indication!

With Pettitte, it was sloppy "D" including on his own part. With Moose, it was 4 balls golfed as souvenirs. Hope that Contreras can stable this ship, as you guys haven't led us by more than 1/2 game all season so far.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 06-05-2003 at 11:10 AM.
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Re: Re: Re: It's your choice . . .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mikey_s:
    "Hey Razor I gotta butt in here ('cause I am an A-hole sometimes )

...aint you (actually we ) doin the same thing?"

yep!!! but like i said no big whoop, just no where near the best thread ever...this thread really has nothing to do with bitter rivalries anymore and when 2-300 (or more) of the posts are from just 2 people i wish they'd start a new one...

something like:

"Why KenFougere and YankeeMan like to 'post' to eachother several times a day , intead of e-mail or PMs"

...and if i keep on 'whinging' then this thread could reach a 1000 posts in not time (please tell me this thread'll die before then, please!)...

cheers

razors

If we use PM's or e-mail -- other Yankee (and BoSux) fans don't get a chance to "chime in" -- which is part of the fun!

But this topic is not limited to ONE rivialry. Others are welcome but it is clear that ONE is a lot more vocal.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Blog Entries
    With the Yanks (34-25, .576) and Boston (33-24, .579) tied at 1st, who blinks first?

With the Yanks (34-25, .576) and Boston (33-24, .579) tied at 1st, who blinks first?
    [list=1] [*]New York Yankees...34W 25L .576
    [*]Boston Red Sox.......33W 25L .569 ½ GB[/list=1]
    Last edited by KenFougere; 06-05-2003 at 09:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ken, Sportsline's not giving me the right facts. I figured since both games were done, they'd have it right. I'd thought it was only a 1/2 game lead, but after you'd had the double-header, I must've gotten a few wires scrambled.

This is what I was looking at originally: http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/standings (shows a tie)

This is what I should've looked at: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings (shows just as you've indicated)

Ken, Sportsline's not giving me the right facts. I figured since both games were done, they'd have it right. I'd thought it was only a 1/2 game lead, but after you'd had the double-header, I must've gotten a few wires scrambled.

This is what I was looking at originally: http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/standings (shows a tie)

This is what I should've looked at: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings (shows just as you've indicated)
    CBS Sportsline.com updates all statistics in the morning {once-a-day}

ESPN.com updates continuously
    . . .
    Last edited by KenFougere; 06-05-2003 at 09:41 PM.

As far as rivalries in other sports that compare to the BoSox-Yanks....

AUBURN VS. ALABAMA..... THE IRON BOWL.

These two schools, as well as their fans, absolutely despise each other.

I honestly can't even begin to put into words the intensity of this rivalry... GOD, It's AWESOME!

All I can say is that I feel priveledged to be part of such a special tradition.

AND, WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by KenFougere
    CBS Sportsline.com updates all statistics in the morning {once-a-day}

ESPN.com updates continuously
    . . .
    Cripes, no wonder everybody prefers ESPN.com. I remember that at least an hour after a game, sportsline.com would have the proper standings, but I'll need to use a more reliable source now.

Oh well, first place smells mighty fine, but I'll have to hope it still smells sweet this time tomorrow, as the first place baton keeps being passed up.

For poster i8mytoes, I'd add Army-Navy as far as college football, Duke-Tar Heels for NCAA hoops, and the old Knicks/Celtics/Lakers tri-team rivalries of the 1970s and 1980s weren't anything to sneeze at either.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 06-06-2003 at 07:49 AM.

Page 7 of 538 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast