0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ---

0 0%
  • ---

0 0%
Page 429 of 430 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430 LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 10731

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

Has Hal sold the team yet? I'm avoiding the newspaper... sportscenter... the ballpark... YES network...

BTW, I had to avoid BBF for a bit... and prevent any stupid wagers on my behalf before the season started.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Angry Wizzel!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post
    Has Hal sold the team yet? I'm avoiding the newspaper, sportscenter... the ballpark... YES network...

BTW, I had to avoid BBF for a bit... and prevent any stupid wagers on my behalf before the season started.
    - Every year, with the exception of '04,'07, & '13, I had endure your relentless wrath during the season & off season. But not you. You go hide in the closet and cover yourself with your favorite childhood blanky...
    You chicken-s h i t wessel!!

Last edited by KenFougere; 06-03-2016 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Rub it in so hard, he bleeds!

Wink Oh, wo is the Pinstripes!

Has Hal sold the team yet? I'm avoiding the newspaper, sportscenter, the ballpark & YES network...

Now I'm actually starting to feel P-I-T-Y for those Pinstripes!

FireShot Screen Capture #071 - '2016 MLB Baseball Standings - CBSSports_com' - www_cbssports_com.jpg

Again, be sure to check out the run-differential!

Can't say they're not trying to beat someone . . .

Talking Could retire having his best season EVER!

And here Ortiz is, halfway home in his swan song, with a .332 average, second behind only Houston's Jose Altuve (.341).
    But the Red Sox don't pay Ortiz to hit for average. They pay him for production, and he leads the Major Leagues in doubles (34), slugging percentage (.682), OPS (1.108) and extra-base hits (57).
    The home run allowed Ortiz to break his own team record for the most extra-base hits prior to the All-Star break, one he set back in 2004.
    "He did everything but record an out in the field," Red Sox lefty David Price said. "He's done everything, even with a couple of triples and stolen bases. It is pretty special. Even when he gets out, he hits the ball hard. It's been fun to watch. We just hope he keeps it going."
    For Ortiz, this is 40.
    "Maybe people will stop thinking playing at 40 is bad," Ortiz said. "It's good. I'm fine. I feel like I'm 30. I feel good right now."
    Ortiz doesn't seem to be slowing down. The homer on Sunday -- a two-run shot over the Green Monster -- was his third in the last four games.
    "You know me," Ortiz said. "I'm always better in the second half."
    Why would the Red Sox doubt him after the way he has hit all season?
    "It was great," said right fielder Mookie Betts, another Red Sox All-Star. "Can't ask for anything more. He did everything, plus some. I think we all know that he's going to continue to do what he always does."
    Backed by Ortiz, the Red Sox are 49-38 and just two games back in the American League East.
    Last edited by KenFougere; 07-11-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Talking AL Wild Card update

I think, {or hope}, the American League Wild Card will come from the East Division.

FireShot Screen Capture #075 - '2016 MLB Baseball Wild-Card Standings - CBSSports_com' - www_cbs.jpg

Well, since a certain someone retired, I can now start enjoying baseball again...

6660.jpg

Now if I can just get Hal to sell the team.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Cool I only celebrate World Championships and Ive done it 7 times in baseball!

Oh, and I was just wondering, do SUX FANS celebrate when the team makes the wildcard playoffs?
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Lightbulb

Oh, and I was just wondering, do SUX FANS celebrate when the team makes the wildcard playoffs?
    Sure, the first time in 2 years the Sox are out of the cellar and you go into hibernation. You "SUX"!

Quote Originally Posted by KenFougere View Post
    Sure, the first time in 2 years the Sox are out of the cellar and you go into hibernation. You "SUX"!
    Well, enjoy your party... Personally, I'm looking forward to football season. Especially the first FOUR GAMES!
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Well, enjoy your party... Personally, I'm looking forward to football season. Especially the first FOUR GAMES!
    It was a FUMBLE!

Exclamation Alone at the top.

Cool

Yankees Carlos Beltran is no longer on the team. Of the remaining players, guess who will likely end up leading the current Yankees in home runs? It could be either Starlin Castro (19) or Didi Gregorius (17). Sure, it could be Brian McCann, who also has 17, but this is pretty fun from the "who saw that one coming?" files.

Is it football season yet?
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Cool Why the NFL logo is missing from Brady's helmet?

Is it football season yet?

Maybe... but not tonight.

Yankees win!

ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Thumbs up

Maybe... but not tonight.

Yankees win!

It's a done deal now buddy-boy!

boston_red_sox-champion-2013.png

Thumbs up 5 reasons the Red Sox can win the World Series

5 reasons the Red Sox can win the World Series

FOXSports Logo FOXSports
    Chris Bahr

Boston is trying to tap into its worst-to-first formula from 2013 to win its fourth World Series in the past 12 years. There certainly isn’t a hotter team, as the Red Sox’s late-season 11-game winning streak not only has allowed them to pull away in the AL East but also has put them in contention for home-field advantage throughout the postseason.The mix of veteran leadership and youthful zeal is just one reason this team is so dangerous.

Here are five more …
    Pick an offensive category – any offensive category
    – and chances are good that the Red Sox rank at the top of the charts. That includes slugging percentage (.467), on-base percentage (.350), batting average (.285) and runs per game (5.52).The lineup, which features three 100-RBI and three 100-run players, has no weak spot, as even the sometimes-No. 9 hitter (Jackie Bradley Jr.) is an All-Star with 26 homers.The scores get tighter in October, but it’s hard to imagine that Mookie Betts, Hanley Ramirez, David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, Xander Bogaerts, etc., will suddenly slump.

Rick Porcello is an unexpected ace
    Porcello has been practically unbeatable, especially at Fenway Park (13-1, 2.88 ERA -- and that lone loss was a 1-0 score). Although he’s been strong since the start of the season, the 22-game winner is finishing stronger than arguably any other starter in the majors, with 12 consecutive starts of at least six innings and three or fewer runs.Porcello was a major disappointment last season (9-15, 4.92 ERA) but has blossomed into a No. 1 starter in his second season in Boston.

David Price
    The man that Boston paid to be its ace underwhelmed for much of the season, but the left-hander finishing with a flurry. Aside from a clunker of a no-decision against the Yankees on Sept. 17 that snapped a seven-start winning streak, Price has been in top form with has a 2.86 ERA and a strikeout per inning since Aug. 12.And Price has another shot at redemption – a chance to silence his critics after yet another inexplicably poor postseason in 2015 raised his career playoff ERA to 5.12.

Their improved bullpen features a lights-out closer
    The Red Sox’s relief corps was their biggest flaw for most of the season, but that weakness suddenly became a strength in September. So far this month, Boston’s bullpen leads the majors with a 0.96 ERA and is second in WHIP (0.99). The return of setup man Koji Uehara was a big factor, and it helped establish defined roles.The one thing that hasn’t changed is that Craig Kimbrel has been dominant in the ninth inning, converting 30 of his 32 save chances this season and striking out 82 batters in 51 innings.

The David Ortiz factor
    Big Papi got his wish: one more postseason run. Ortiz’s October exploits are well-documented, from the walk-offs in 2004 to the World Series MVP honors in 2013. He’s a .295/.409/.553 hitter with 17 homers and 60 RBI in 82 career postseason games and has the opportunity to add a final chapter to his postseason legacy.Given the way Ortiz has crushed the ball during the regular season (37 homers and an MLB-best 48 doubles and 1.039 OPS in an MVP-caliber year at age 40), there’s no reason to expect anything less than another clutch performance when the stakes are highest.

Cool Everyone's been waiting since 1908...

I don't care... This post season I get a rare opportunity to wear my "Senior Circuit" colors...

Hope they beat the Sox.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

What time is Girardi's tee time on the links?
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    What time is Girardi's tee time on the links?

2:30
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Question

I don't care... This post season I get a rare opportunity to wear my "Senior Circuit" colors...

Hope they beat the Sox.
    Translation Please.

AC0871108
    EAMUS CATULI!

Lightbulb I'm from Boston and I know Latin!

Translation Please.

AC0871108
    EAMUS CATULI!

- I got it! -

“Let’s Go Cubs” with the last 3 numbers 108 is supposed to mean it has been 108 years since the Cubs won their last World Series

Cool Ac0871108 eamus catuli!

- I got it! -

“Let’s Go Cubs” with the last 3 numbers 108 is supposed to mean it has been 108 years since the Cubs won their last World Series
    The first two digits represent the years since the last division title, the second two digits represent years since winning the NL pennant (which is what the Cubs are cursed from achieving -- read about The Goat), and the last three (originally two) digits represent years since the last World Series title.

BTW, if I was running the sign, the first two would be years since last playoff appearance because that's the first step in clearing ALL the numbers to zero. Under the current procedure, it's theoretically possible to clear the last two without clearing the first (if wildcard Cubs won the title).

ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Thanks, Uncle YankeeMan....

Page 429 of 430 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430 LastLast