0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ---

0 0%
  • ---

0 0%
Page 423 of 423 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423
Results 10,551 to 10,571 of 10571

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

62 days, 10 hours, & 55 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Yankees will finish last or next to last in the division... Right after the "smoke and mirrors" magic wears off. But first place is nice for now...

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure the Yankees will finish last or next to last in the division... Right after the "smoke and mirrors" magic wears off. But first place is nice for now...
    After 40 games the AL East is still up for grabs. According to www.mlbtraderumors.com, the Yankees and Red Sox could be in trade negotiations to obtain Troy Tulowitzski. My bet is on the Yankees.
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

I've got to hand it to ya, when you're right, you're right. I think one of your "mirrors", has officially broken...

1W - 9L, (correction, 10 straight loses) in the Yankees last 10. Damn I hate to see when that happen's. (to them) . . . .
    Last edited by KenFougere; 05-24-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: (correction, 10 straight loses)
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

Cool 45 days, 8 hours, & 51 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by KenFougere View Post
    I've got to hand it to ya, when you're right, you're right. I think one of your "mirrors", has officially broken...

1W - 9L, (correction, 10 straight loses) in the Yankees last 10. Damn I hate to see when that happen's. (to them) . . . .
    On the upside, they're still ahead of the BoSux.

Them's fighting words in Southie!

Suzie and Co. want to change the spelling of Grigorious' first name to DeDe because they feel he deserves a few extra E's in his name too.

Cool

It amazes me that even a man with obvious limited baseball knowledge, how foolishly otimistic you still can be . . .
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

It amazes me that even a man with obvious limited baseball knowledge, how foolishly otimistic you still can be . . .
    "Hope springs eternal..." if it didn't, there'd be no Cubs fans.

"Hope springs eternal..." if it didn't, there'd be no Cubs fans.
    The only place where hope springs eternal is at the Fountain Of Youth in St. Augustine. Maybe your Pin Stripers should move their spring training headquarters closer to the fountain?

A-Rod's interview yesterday with Mike Fitzpatrick had this gem: "I think for me in a weird way the time off was a blessing in disguise. I was able to get some rest, and change my workout regimen a little bit."

If A-Rod needs a lot of rest then maybe he should sit out the next 115 games and get himself ready for the playoffs. Girardi can buy him a rocking chair and subscriptions to supplement magazines and plop him and his chair in the on deck circle. Suzie can interview him during every game and ask him the same seven senseless questions every night.

Question

I know Tom Brady and I like him. He's a nice guy. I'd like to see him get a fourth ring.

But I hate the Patriots.
    Couple of questions.

1. How do you, "know" Tom Brady?
    2. If so, why haven't you gotten me & you any tickets, EVER?
    3. What's your reasons for hating the Patriots?
    4. You want another ring for Brady, but not for the hated Patriots? Sounds like an oxymoron . . .
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

Wink The New York Times, "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country"

The Patriots certainly didn't do it alone, but their contributions -- four Super Bowls since the 2001 season -- were a key part of Boston's run to the top.

According to The New York Times,
    "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country." wow_rotates.gif

Here's how the top-5 cities stack up on their list:

1. Boston
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. L.A.
    4. Baltimore
    5. Miami

*(Anyone see New York on this list? Anywhere?)

The Patriots' first Super Bowl came after the 2001 regular season, when they defeated the Rams in a 3-point thriller. The titles for the Patriots then came in bunches. In 2003 and 2004, the Patriots repeated as champs. While they suffered a championship drought after the 2004 title, the Patriots won another title a decade later, when they beat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl this past February.

Of course, the Patriots weren't alone in pushing Boston to the top sports city.
    Since 2008, Boston has seen success in nearly every sport, with championships brought home by the
    Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins, in addition to the Patriots.

While the Patriots can be credited for much of the city's success since 2000, much of Boston's sports history revolves around the
    Celtics, who dominated other Boston sports teams in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Still, without the Patriots'{4} and Red Sox'{3} championships, Boston would not be sitting way up on its perch above every other city in the country.

Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

[QUOTE=KenFougere;2459188]

[INDENT]The Patriots certainly didn't do it alone, but their contributions -- four Super Bowls since the 2001 season -- were a key part of Boston's run to the top.

[SIZE=5]According to The New York Times,
    "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country." wow_rotates.gif

*(Anyone see New York on this list? Anywhere?)

Nice list!

I finally found New York so do I win free tickets to the next Boston champion's playoff game?

Don't look now but the Red Sox might be getting one of the top five draft picks next year. As long as they keep giving up 9 runs in an inning or sending players to the DL every night, it's theirs for the taking.

The Yankees plan on buying a few Over-35 ex-sluggers for the stretch run. Make sure to read the Lemon Laws if they have over 100,000 miles on them. That's my free tip for the day.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
    Don't look now but the Red Sox might be getting one of the top five draft picks next year. As long as they keep giving up 9 runs in an inning or sending players to the DL every night, it's theirs for the taking.

The Yankees plan on buying a few Over-35 ex-sluggers for the stretch run. Make sure to read the Lemon Laws if they have over 100,000 miles on them. That's my free tip for the day.
    I thought we had The East this year with our hitting. Shows you how smart I am . . . . -
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

I thought we had The East this year with our hitting. Shows you how smart I am . . . . -
    We have no hitting and we knew we had no pitching too no matter what tee shirts the front office was selling. The rest of the AL East have either hitting or pitching, but not both.

In 2016, Hanley should DH, a new 1B needs to be added, two pitchers need to be signed as free agents, and Vazquez/Swihart should be decent catchers. Losing both catchers turned this season around for them.

We knew how smart you were when you tried to convince us Boston was the best sport town the last time... Maybe for the last 10 years...

Have you seen this yet?
    patriots_2b_dr_3_4_name.jpg

How about a group photo?
    patriots_group_4_sb_wins.jpg

We knew how smart you were when you tried to convince us Boston was the best sport town the last time... Maybe for the last 10 years...

Have you seen this yet?
    patriots_2b_dr_3_4_name.jpg

How about a group photo?
    patriots_group_4_sb_wins.jpg
    The four on the left look under-inflated to me. When the Pats win the fifth one in 2016 the players may have to sell their wedding rings on eBay.

Of course.....
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

Quote Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
    The four on the left look under-inflated to me. When the Pats win the fifth one in 2016 the players may have to sell their wedding rings on eBay.
    I don't even wear my rings... The weight makes my hand hurt.

Wink

I don't even wear my rings... The weight makes my hand hurt.
    Put them on eBay. And list yourself while you're at it. (But you'll probably have to offer free shipping if anyone's going to bid on you.) -
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

Question

I can't believe at the halfway point of the season how little smack there's been on this 'Bitter Rivals' in its 13 year history! Yankees are virtually in 1st place and the Red Sox are 9 games behind in last place, again. There have been no rips at all from YankeeMan.
    Maybe his wife finally had him put down for her sake as well as everyone else's . . . (TY)
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time
    World Series Champions

I can't believe at the halfway point of the season how little smack there's been on this 'Bitter Rivals' in its 13 year history! Yankees are virtually in 1st place and the Red Sox are 9 games behind in last place, again. There have been no rips at all from YankeeMan.
    Maybe his wife finally had him put down for her sake as well as everyone else's . . . (TY)
    Ya think he's still waiting in line for an autograph from their young new slugger A-Rod?

Page 423 of 423 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423