0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ---

0 0%
  • ---

0 0%
Page 418 of 418 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418
Results 10,426 to 10,430 of 10430

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

Lightbulb If a miracle happens, be prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post

Apparently this year's Yankee team didn't think so...
    If, by some long shot chance your team makes the wildcard, be prepared to accept the same bet you proposed to me which I accepted in last year's playoffs. Only reversed!
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time & Current
    World Series Champions

Exclamation If we could get Stanton, it would make this season almost palatable...

I for one wouldn’t want to part with Cespedes. I would rather send more minor leaguers and prospects. I like the idea of Cespedes in the line up for the Red Sox. Having Cespedes, Stanton, Napoli, and Ortiz in the line up would be incredible to watch. -

Boston has been linked to Miami's right fielder in the past, and The Boston Herald reported on Monday the Red Sox have the depth necessary to get a deal done if Stanton does not want to remain with the Marlins.

Stanton should dwarf that haul, bringing a gold mine in low-cost talent, and no team is better positioned to make a run than the Red Sox.

Their minor league system, despite the struggles of Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr., remains robust. The Red Sox are blessed with eight blue-chip starting pitching prospects — as many as any club in the game — that could form the foundation of a deal. And they boast an inventory of big league talent that could interest the Marlins, as well.

Should the Marlins sense Stanton does not have a desire to work things out, a trade will likely be inevitable.

While Boston does have a significant amount of pitching depth and the Marlins are known to always be looking to add an arm, Miami has a significant amount of arms in its minor league system. A young rotation features (an eventually healthy) Jose Fernandez, Nathan Eovaldi, Henderson Alvarez, Jarred Cosart, and Tom Koehler, and Miami has prospects such as Adam Conley, Andrew Heaney, and Justin Nicolino who could be ready for major league action moving forward.

In a deal with any team, including the Red Sox, the Marlins could seek middle infield depth as well as corner infield prospects. Garrett Jones and Casey McGehee are both veterans, and the Marlins traded prospect Colin Moran to Houston last month.

The Herald also noted Yoenis Cespedes could be included in a deal for Stanton, although adding the outfielder the organization once sought may not be strategic considering he is eligible to become a free agent after the 2015 season.

Cespedes could be piece of a deal for Stanton, joined by any number of youngsters, from Gold Glove-caliber center fielder Bradley to minor-league hit machine Mookie Betts, to Blake Swihart, who might be the best catching prospect in the game. Even if the Red Sox insisted on keeping Bogaerts — and he’s maybe the only untouchable player in their system — they have the pieces to make an overwhelming offer.

There’s left-handers Henry Owens and Brian Johnson, right-handers Anthony Ranaudo and Matt Barnes, as well as the righties in the big leagues this year — Rubby De La Rosa, Allen Webster and Brandon Workman.

General Manager Dan Jennings and Miami's front office have made it clear they do not want to trade Stanton, who will likely demand a contract in the $200 million range. While Stanton may not be moved, if talks do not progress, the Red Sox likely have the pieces to get a deal done. -

By Scott Gelman -Fish Stripes, a Miami Marlins community
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time & Current
    World Series Champions

Quote Originally Posted by KenFougere View Post
    If, by some long shot chance your team makes the wildcard, be prepared to accept the same bet you proposed to me which I accepted in last year's playoffs. Only reversed!
    I hate to point this out but last year the BoSux had the best record in the AL... If Yankees make the playoffs it'll be as the second wildcard -- NOT the AL's top seed.

Thumbs down Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post
    I hate to point this out but last year the BoSux had the best record in the AL... If Yankees make the playoffs it'll be as the second wildcard -- NOT the AL's top seed.
    There were no conditions set last year and they'll be none this year either. - nono.gif

See, whenever I propose a bet, your sack runs away and hides every time! Well your tactics won't work even if you wet yourself . . .
    Last edited by KenFougere; Yesterday at 10:03 PM.
    Ken Fougère

Eight Time & Current
    World Series Champions

I didn't say I wouldn't take the bet... I was just pointing out the inequity.

Page 418 of 418 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418