• ---

0 0%
  • ---

0 0%
Page 538 of 538 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 10755

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    I stumble across this thread maybe once a year, and it gave me that same sinking feeling I experienced 6 days ago. Huge Falcons fan here. I have nothing but respect for Tom Brady, though.
    Well, I feel bad for you. But, the Falcons had it in the bag and they couldn't stop Brady in the 4th quarter....

Quote Originally Posted by KenFougere View Post
    Well, I feel bad for you. But, the Falcons had it in the bag and they couldn't stop Brady in the 4th quarter....
    It was a blow to the gut, that's for sure.
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

It was a blow to the gut, that's for sure.
    I could say I feel bad but, I'm sure you'd realize I couldn't possibly be sincere.

I stumble across this thread maybe once a year, and it gave me that same sinking feeling I experienced 6 days ago. Huge Falcons fan here. I have nothing but respect for Tom Brady, though.
    Hey... IMO, your coach screwed you out of a title... Julio Jones makes a fantastic catch with 4:40 left in the game (1st & 10 at NE 21)... If you run the ball three times* and kick a FG, the Pats would've been down TWO SCORES with under 3 minutes to go and no timeouts... I didn't see a miraculous comeback... I saw a monumental choke.

*For the record, after Jones made the catch, I immediately turned to my wife and told her that's what I would do -- I assumed the Falcons were going to do that (and win the Super Bowl). I was wrong... but not as wrong as your coach.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post

Hey... IMO, your coach screwed you out of a title... Julio Jones makes a fantastic catch with 4:40 left in the game (1st & 10 at NE 21)... If you run the ball three times* and kick a FG, the Pats would've been down TWO SCORES with under 3 minutes to go and no timeouts... I didn't see a miraculous comeback... I saw a monumental choke.

*For the record, after Jones made the catch, I immediately turned to my wife and told her that's what I would do -- I assumed the Falcons were going to do that (and win the Super Bowl). I was wrong... but not as wrong as your coach.
    I didn't see a miraculous comeback... I saw a monumental choke.
    Gee. Why am I not surprised? -

Cool 69 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!

Who cares anyway?

Today the five most beautiful words in the English language were spoken in earnest:

"Pitchers & catchers report!"

Besides, this is a baseball site... so the Pat are off topic. Lord knows I never bring up extraneous sporting material.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

Exclamation Falcons choked, you know it...

And the reason you're "not surprised" -- you saw the same damn thing.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

And the reason you're "not surprised" -- you saw the same damn thing.
    31, unanswered points. Greatest COMEBACK in Super Bowl History!

It might even rival another historic COMEBACK in 2004 . . .
    Last edited by KenFougere; 02-16-2017 at 08:07 PM.

31, unanswered points. Greatest COMEBACK in Super Bowl History!

It might even rival another historic COMEBACK in 2004 . . .

ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!

You should replace that, "yawn" with an "envy" smiley!

Thumbs up The Killer B's!

- 8 Days left until Opening Day! -

The Red Sox enter the 2017 season with perhaps the best young outfield in baseball. Sports Illustrated decided to put the spotlight on the talented trio for its next cover.

As part of the magazine’s annual baseball preview issue, Red Sox outfielders Mookie Betts, Andrew Benintendi, and Jackie Bradley Jr. are featured on the cover.

C7cMCd4XkAAgdYC.jpg

Talking Andrew Benintendi in the 5th inning hit a three-run home run!

The Boston Red Sox opened up their 2017 campaign with a 5-3 victory in front of the Fenway Faithful on a sunny afternoon in Boston. Rick Porcello turned in a quality outing and the Boston bullpen did their part to secure the victory after rookie Andrew Benintendi cleared the right-field wall in the 5th inning with a three-run homer.

“That’s my job. That’s what I look to do every fifth day, give us a chance to win.” Porcello said following his quality outing after receiving the well-deserved nod on Opening Day. Porcello was cruising through the first six shutout innings, but ran out of gas in the 7th struggling with his command and surrendering a few hits. He left with two runners on that both scored when Matt Barnes came in. However, Boston escaped blowing the lead despite Barnes loading the bases after a tremendous running over-the-shoulder catch by the young phenom Benintendi. Porcello struck out five and walked over his 6 1/3 innings of work.

The Red Sox opened the scoring in the bottom of the 5th inning after with two down Jackie Bradley Jr. stroked a triple right field and subsequently scored on an infield single by Pablo Sandoval where he beat the throw on the back-end to pick up the RBI and extend the inning. Sandy Leon then alertly dropped down a bunt against the shift and got himself on base. The wily veteran Dustin Pedroia, starting his 11th consecutive Opening Day for the Sox, then drove in Sandoval with an RBI single back up the middle.

Then, with a 2-0 lead and two on and two down magic happened at Fenway. Andrew Benintendi the youngest left fielder to start Opening Day since Yaz himself, launched a three-run homer to right field into the bullpen over the head of Andrew McCutchen. The first Red Sox rookie to homer on Opening Day since Tony Conigliaro in 1965.

Blog Entries
    I admire the dedication and perseverance of the two main protagonists (or antagonists?) in this thread.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    I admire the dedication and perseverance of the two main protagonists (or antagonists?) in this thread.
    Thank you for noticing. It's been a long 15-year battle. It's my opinion that I have the upper hand. What's your opinion?

Blog Entries
    Thank you for noticing. It's been a long 15-year battle. It's my opinion that I have the upper hand. What's your opinion?

No comment! :-)
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle