View Poll Results: ---

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ---

    0 0%
  • ---

    0 0%
Page 105 of 538 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 10750

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

  1. #2081
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Originally posted by YankeeMan
    If you are 31 and in great phsyical shape and you get "charged" by a 72-year old man you'd toss him to the ground too?

    What about a lil' 9 year old girl?

    Team mascot?

    Paraplegics?

    Give me a break -- it was uncalled for!

    Pedro is a woosie -- If he wants a fight, I can clear my schedule.
    The only one Yankee Pedro could toss to the ground is Zim, aka, "Popeye". He must be feeling pretty good about himself, seeing he was getting spanked like he's unused to out there, in his own backyard, too.

    I guess he's feeling pretty tough. I guess we can get some girl scouts or some guy with a broken hand to be pushed over next time.

    Not once have I ever seen any Yankee do that to any Boston player. Between that, then threatening to hit Posada in the head, he needs a serious fine, suspension and some quiet time away from the game. His game is off and that's how he reacts? Try improving your conditioning so you can pitch further into the year, is my suggestion.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  2. #2082
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Obstructed View, The Bronx, NY 10451 USA
    Posts
    562

    Talking Pedro the Woosie!

    I can't wait until the little rubberband in his arm snaps and his career is over.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!


  3. #2083
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pedro the Woosie!

    Originally posted by YankeeMan
    I can't wait until the little rubberband in his arm snaps and his career is over.
    Clemens is 6-4, about 250, can handle working late into the postseason, as he's done starting in 1986. Pedro is about 5-11, 180 soaking wet, isn't likely in great condition later into the postseason. I think that's why his velocity went down: he's not in that great a shape. Granted, he's on a team which doesn't often get to October, he should at least have had more in the tank tonight. IMO, that was his obligation to his teammates and fans.

    If that's how he approaches the game of his life, in the one season where Bostonians felt, moreso than others, that they could actually at least make it past the Yanks, then IMO, he's already started a major step towards being finished: the mental part.

    Like game 5 in Oakland, this was a monster game for them. You're the ace, so-called best pitcher in baseball and that's how you show up, hitting high 80s, low 90s on the gun? He should stick to the regular season, since he's not used to the marathon that ends in October. Glad Clemens won, Pedro got the loss, Mo got the save.

    Two more wins at Fenway and I'll be a happy camper!
    Last edited by Mattingly; 10-11-2003 at 10:54 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  4. #2084
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Obstructed View, The Bronx, NY 10451 USA
    Posts
    562

    Arrow Beanballs?

    Originally posted by KenFougere
    If there is 1 stray pitch, they all better put their helmet straps on and start digging a fox-hole...
    Truer words were never spoken. Premonition?

    Hey, you any good at picking Super Bowl winners?
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!


  5. #2085
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    The Wettest Part of the Ocean
    Posts
    5,958

    Re: Bite me Beantown!

    Originally posted by YankeeMan
    Yankees win and, hopefully, a few more people will be pulling for the Yankees now.
    Heres one...I at first didn't mind who won the series but now I've joined the "dark side".

  6. #2086
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    I still haven't heard anything from the Boston regulars. It's your team involved, just as ours. YM and myself, both Mods, have chimed in very much and very specific in what we'd felt also. Ken, VT, Biggerin, others? Let's hear it!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  7. #2087
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    1,328

    Angry UGH!

    At first, I was neutral on the Cubs-Marlins NLCS, and rooting AGAINST the Yankees in the ALCS. ( As an Orioles fan, I feel that's the proper approach to the ALCS)...
    After yesterday, I say a pox on BOTH their houses. I can't root for the Yankees and their unlimited cash flow, their refusal to conform to league rules on uniforms and jackets, and their general arrogance. Now I can't root for the RED SOX EITHER!
    (BTW, rports on ESPN.com indicate that while Zimmer IS in fact, 72, and looks like your grandpa over there on the bench, in person, he ain't real pleasant.)
    So, for me, a saddend Orioles fan (hey, its our 50th anniversary next year. Think MLB will let US get away with hat logos and special game balls, like that enormous cash cow to the north of us? Me, neither), there is only one thing left to say:
    GO CUBS!!! WIN IT ALL!!! PLEASE!!!

  8. #2088
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    886
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    I still haven't heard anything from the Boston regulars. It's your team involved, just as ours. YM and myself, both Mods, have chimed in very much and very specific in what we'd felt also. Ken, VT, Biggerin, others? Let's hear it!
    I voiced my opinion right after the incident...
    Last edited by KenFougere; 10-12-2003 at 04:47 PM.

  9. #2089
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    886

    Thumbs up Remember my Boston rotation?

    This postponement definately favors Boston. It brings Wakefield up in place of Burkett for game four and allows Lowe to pitch in his favorite park, Fenway . . .

    My predicted {and hoped for} Red Sox starting pitcher rotation has come true :
    • Tim Wakefield
    • Derek Lowe
    • Pedro Martinez
    • Rain !

  10. #2090
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Obstructed View, The Bronx, NY 10451 USA
    Posts
    562

    Wink For Ken...

    BOSTON RED SOX TO NEW YORK YANKEES FAN CONVERSION FORM
    Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of The New York Yankees Fan Club. Due to an unprecedented volume of requests, we are currently processing only fan conversion revisitations for Boston Red Sox fans. Conversion requests for other teams will be accepted once all former Red Sox fan requests have been processed. We expect this to take a number of weeks based on the current number of requests. Please take a few minutes and complete the conversion form below to help us get to know you better and prescribe any required counseling to recover from your previous fan experience.

    1. Please indicate the last time you watched the Red Sox win the World Series
    __ 1918 (Please leave your form in the main office of your nursing home for mailing.)
    __ I have never witnessed this event

    2. Please indicate your favorite moments in Red Sox history (Check all that apply)
    __ Babe Ruth sold to the Yankees
    __ Pesky holds ball as the Yankees score the winning run in 1948
    __ Bob Gibson shuts down the Sox in the 1967 series
    __ Sox trade Sparky Lyle to the Yankees for Danny Carter
    __ Big Red Machine beats the Sox in game 7 of the 1975 series
    __ Sox lose 14 1/2 game lead to the Yankees in 1978
    __ The "Boston Massacre" in 1978
    __ Bucky Dent's homer in the 1978 playoff game
    __ Bob Stanley throws wild pitch in the 6th game of the 1986 series
    __ Grounder goes through Buckner's legs in the 6th game of the 1986 Series
    __ Future Hall-of-Famer, Wade Boggs rides policeman's horse after the Yanks win the 1996 series
    __ Future Hall-of-Famer, Roger Clemens traded to the Yankees
    __ Yanks wipe out Sox in 5 games in the 1999 ALCS
    __ Roger Clemens wins game 4 for the Yankees to clinch the 1999 World Series

    3. Reasons you believe the Red Sox have NOT won a World Series since 1918 (Check all that apply)
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Lack of Pitching
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Lack of Hitting
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Lack of Defense
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Bad calls by the umps
    __ The Curse of The Bambino

    4. Have you experienced any of the following symptoms after another inevitable Red Sox collapse? (Check all that apply)
    __ Headache
    __ Uncontrollable anger
    __ Heartache
    __ Holes punched in doors/windows
    __ Nausea
    __ Smashed TV screens
    __ Depression
    __ Avoided Yankee fans for 3 or more days

    5. October is your favorite month of the year?
    __ Yes
    __ No
    6. Are you tired of saying, "Wait Until Next Year?"
    __Yes
    __No

    After reviewing your request, the Yankees Fan Club will contact you with notification of acceptance or rejection.

    If accepted, you will receive:
    A recommended recuperation program, including a recording of Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York"
    An opportunity to obtain tickets to future World Series at Yankee Stadium
    An "I've Come to my Senses" Yankee T-shirt
    Chuck Knoblauch's new video, "Illusions: How to Almost Catch Balls and Tag Runners"
    Posters of Boggs and Clemens in Yankee uniforms, complete with their championship rings
    A copy of our ever popular handbook, "Harassing Red Sox Fans For Fun and Profit"
    A coupon for a future poster of Pedro Martinez in a Yankee uniform, complete with his Yankee championship ring
    A one year subscription to a weekly support group for ex-Red Sox fans in your area.

    If rejected, you will receive:
    Our pity and condolences
    A 25-second video capturing the past 100 years of Red Sox highlights in head-to-head competition against the Yankees.

    Thank you in advance for your patience during this period of an unprecedented number of applications.
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!


  11. #2091
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    886

    Re: For Ken...

    Originally posted by YankeeMan
    BOSTON RED SOX TO NEW YORK YANKEES FAN CONVERSION FORM
    Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of The New York Yankees Fan Club. Due to an unprecedented volume of requests, we are currently processing only fan conversion revisitations for Boston Red Sox fans. Conversion requests for other teams will be accepted once all former Red Sox fan requests have been processed. We expect this to take a number of weeks based on the current number of requests. Please take a few minutes and complete the conversion form below to help us get to know you better and prescribe any required counseling to recover from your previous fan experience.

    1. Please indicate the last time you watched the Red Sox win the World Series
    __ 1918 (Please leave your form in the main office of your nursing home for mailing.)
    __ I have never witnessed this event

    2. Please indicate your favorite moments in Red Sox history (Check all that apply)
    __ Babe Ruth sold to the Yankees
    __ Pesky holds ball as the Yankees score the winning run in 1948
    __ Bob Gibson shuts down the Sox in the 1967 series
    __ Sox trade Sparky Lyle to the Yankees for Danny Carter
    __ Big Red Machine beats the Sox in game 7 of the 1975 series
    __ Sox lose 14 1/2 game lead to the Yankees in 1978
    __ The "Boston Massacre" in 1978
    __ Bucky Dent's homer in the 1978 playoff game
    __ Bob Stanley throws wild pitch in the 6th game of the 1986 series
    __ Grounder goes through Buckner's legs in the 6th game of the 1986 Series
    __ Future Hall-of-Famer, Wade Boggs rides policeman's horse after the Yanks win the 1996 series
    __ Future Hall-of-Famer, Roger Clemens traded to the Yankees
    __ Yanks wipe out Sox in 5 games in the 1999 ALCS
    __ Roger Clemens wins game 4 for the Yankees to clinch the 1999 World Series

    3. Reasons you believe the Red Sox have NOT won a World Series since 1918 (Check all that apply)
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Lack of Pitching
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Lack of Hitting
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Lack of Defense
    __ The Curse of The Bambino
    __ Bad calls by the umps
    __ The Curse of The Bambino

    4. Have you experienced any of the following symptoms after another inevitable Red Sox collapse? (Check all that apply)
    __ Headache
    __ Uncontrollable anger
    __ Heartache
    __ Holes punched in doors/windows
    __ Nausea
    __ Smashed TV screens
    __ Depression
    __ Avoided Yankee fans for 3 or more days

    5. October is your favorite month of the year?
    __ Yes
    __ No
    6. Are you tired of saying, "Wait Until Next Year?"
    __Yes
    __No

    After reviewing your request, the Yankees Fan Club will contact you with notification of acceptance or rejection.

    If accepted, you will receive:
    A recommended recuperation program, including a recording of Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York"
    An opportunity to obtain tickets to future World Series at Yankee Stadium
    An "I've Come to my Senses" Yankee T-shirt
    Chuck Knoblauch's new video, "Illusions: How to Almost Catch Balls and Tag Runners"
    Posters of Boggs and Clemens in Yankee uniforms, complete with their championship rings
    A copy of our ever popular handbook, "Harassing Red Sox Fans For Fun and Profit"
    A coupon for a future poster of Pedro Martinez in a Yankee uniform, complete with his Yankee championship ring
    A one year subscription to a weekly support group for ex-Red Sox fans in your area.

    If rejected, you will receive:
    Our pity and condolences
    A 25-second video capturing the past 100 years of Red Sox highlights in head-to-head competition against the Yankees.

    Thank you in advance for your patience during this period of an unprecedented number of applications.
    I LOVE this rivalry!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #2092
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Obstructed View, The Bronx, NY 10451 USA
    Posts
    562

    Talking

    Originally posted by KenFougere
    I LOVE this rivalry!
    Isn't it grand?!

    And just think, for a lil' while we won't have to hear about how this rivalry is "only between the fans."
    ANNO CATULI!
    EAMUS CATULI!


  13. #2093
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Originally posted by KenFougere
    I voiced my opinion right after the incident...
    Which thread and what time? This seems to be the first post from you I've seen on this.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  14. #2094
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Remember my Boston rotation?

    Originally posted by KenFougere
    This postponement definately favors Boston. It brings Wakefield up in place of Burkett for game four and allows Lowe to pitch in his favorite park, Fenway . . .

    My predicted {and hoped for} Red Sox starting pitcher rotation has come true :
    • Tim Wakefield
    • Derek Lowe
    • Pedro Martinez
    • Rain !
    I'm curious, how does it favor Boston? It's expected to be:

    Mussina-Wakefield (Mon, Fenway)
    Wells-Lowe (Tue, Fenway)
    Pettitte-Burkett (Wed, YS)
    Clemens-Pedro (Thu, YS)

    Are you referring to the exclusion of Burkett? He's still expected for the 6th game, right?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  15. #2095
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    886
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    Which thread and what time? This seems to be the first post from you I've seen on this.
    10-11-2003 05:57 PM - This thread, you replied to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #2096
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks, Ken.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  17. #2097
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    886
    B I G - G A M E

    T O D A Y -

  18. #2098
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Originally posted by KenFougere
    B I G - G A M E If Boomer can finish off the 7th, I'm not too sure about that, at least from Boston's perspective.

    *Crosses fingers*

    T O D A Y -
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  19. #2099
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    886

    Unhappy

    Well,

    It's all up-hill from here . . . Not impossible, but . . .



  20. #2100
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Munster, Indiana
    Posts
    7,415
    Originally posted by KenFougere
    Well,

    It's all up-hill from here . . . Not impossible, but . . .


    If the Cubs can win the pennant,anything is possible.

Page 105 of 538 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •