View Poll Results: ---

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ---

    0 0%
  • ---

    0 0%
Page 378 of 538 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 10750

Thread: The Bitter Rivals Thread

  1. #7541
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PES View Post
    I love all the hate!!!

    Red Sox fans...keep talkin...just remember talk is cheap you [expletive deleted]
    Whatever you do, there's no obscenity here, even if the "nice words" are used in their place. If you wish to post like this, then there's no place on BBF for you.

    Please read about another 20-30 pages and see for yourself that we're all here in fun to have jokes about baseball and our various teams. Keeps us all sane, last I've heard.

    If you can't figure that out, then perhaps some of the smack boards may be in your favor.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 05-13-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  2. #7542
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    564
    WoW! Looks like I need to hang out with Jared at Subway.

    Hey Matt, I'm only the messenger. I was just going by what Schilling said you admitted to. That's all.

  3. #7543
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Dog View Post
    WoW! Looks like I need to hang out with Jared at Subway.

    Hey Matt, I'm only the messenger. I was just going by what Schilling said you admitted to. That's all.
    Bah, humbug. What does Schill know about me? He's too busy arguing with Ortiz about Bonds. Besides, who would run onto the field wearing shorts and with bird legs like that?

    Anyway, I caught CB (the beer spiller) running onto the field again.



    She's been seen sporting this t-shirt:

    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  4. #7544
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    564
    P1NSTR1PES, please stay seated just a little while longer. You will be informed when you can get up.


  5. #7545
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    Bah, humbug. What does Schill know about me? He's too busy arguing with Ortiz about Bonds. Besides, who would run onto the field wearing shorts and with bird legs like that?

    Anyway, I caught CB (the beer spiller) running onto the field again.



    She's been seen sporting this t-shirt:


    A Yankee fan mentioning Relif Pitchers? You would think that would be a topic most Bronx fans would want to advoid.

  6. #7546
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    She's been seen sporting this t-shirt:

    Mattingly, don't lie, that's a shirt that most Yankee pitchers wear!

    Why are the Red Sox losing 6-3 to the lowly O's? Is this a hex you put on our pitchers?

  7. #7547
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    9,298
    Blog Entries
    4
    Hey! Watch who you call lowly! Last I checked, the Birds were in second place -- with THREE-FIFTHS of the projected Opening Day rotation on the DL.

  8. #7548
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,381
    I was joking, by the way.

    Speaking of lowly...look out Yankees! Someone is sharing a spot with you in the basement...the Toronto Blue Jays.

  9. #7549
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Solair Wright View Post
    Mattingly, don't lie, that's a shirt that most Yankee pitchers wear!

    Why are the Red Sox losing 6-3 to the lowly O's? Is this a hex you put on our pitchers?
    Wrong my wayward fan of a Yankee-hating team that doesn't exist. That's a shirt that most Yankee fans wear underneath their Yankee jersey, which they never unbutton in public.

    Yes, we have put a hex on your pitchers. Now if only we could score off Jarrod Washburn, as you have done against Roy Halladay. Our ace Wang gets putridly skunked by Texas (even though we won 2 of 3), and your #4, Wake, beats Toronto ace Halladay 8-zippo.

    Anyway, I couldn't find that tee in red, so CB would have to wear the evil colors and for once be "appropriate attired".
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  10. #7550
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    SDL, Solair Wright and Erik Bedard seen attending a ballgame while disguising their identities:



    Oh, and Williamsburg is the itty bitty one in this:



    Here's Curious "Space Cadet" Boston's "chocolate" thingy she'd mentioned earlier:

    Last edited by Mattingly; 05-12-2007 at 02:07 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  11. #7551
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,381
    One of the images are broken, and a 13-4 final! Yes! Too bad I couldn't get the game here because of FOX's blackout policy, even though it wasn't on FOX.

    What will be the final score of the Yankees game? 2-1 Mariners, not because it's the Yankees, but it's a pitchers' ballpark.

  12. #7552
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey, Erik Bedard, the least you could do is win the rubber match. After last night's bullpen meltdown, I'd appreciate it!

    Now then, which is better? A Baltimore clam bake or Beantown chowda?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  13. #7553
    Who owns the best record in baseball? Chorus: We do!
    Who has the best win % in baseball? Chorus: We do!
    Who's 8-2 in the last 10 games? Chorus: We are!

    But don't worry Yankee fans, There's only 5 teams between you and the wild card.

  14. #7554
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1

    Thumbs down

    Erik Bedard and bigtime39 should only visit this thread to apologize profusely to Yankee fans. Between Perlozzo taking his pitcher out, then the Baltimore version of a walk-a-thon, I couldn't believe it. Kevin "Cowboy Down" Millar throws the ball away from Ray and 2 runs score.

    Down from 5-zip to 6-5 with 2 outs. That out at 1B would've meant a save on Ray's part.

    8 games back. Not a good feeling. Y'all Beantowners will get your day very shortly. Even if it takes 'til June, y'all will get your day!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  15. #7555
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    Kevin "Cowboy Down" Millar throws the ball away from Ray and 2 runs score.
    I'm the last one to defend Millar on a normal day, but in this instance, he wasn't at fault. The toss was very ready and willing to be caught. It was Chris Ray's fault, IMO.
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

  16. #7556
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxSon View Post
    I'm the last one to defend Millar on a normal day, but in this instance, he wasn't at fault. The toss was very ready and willing to be caught. It was Chris Ray's fault, IMO.
    Oh, it was? I'd heard that Ray looked behind him to find 1B when the ball was tossed to him.

    I'm at work, so I couldn't see it. Still ... if Sam Perlozzo is so great, and he's got the best pitching coach who's still active (or so I've heard), why in the world does he remove a starter who's already gone 8.1 innings? What was Guthrie's removal for? You've got a *FIVE RUN LEAD* and you remove your starter who's cruising along? If he gets 3 ERs, he's still won the game. Your starter cannot get another 2 more outs?

    Look, Ortiz is awesome, his offense is more than well-documented. However, I'd still put that starter who'd gotten him & Manny into DPs today, to face him. If he hits a HR, it's still 5-2.

    Guthrie left with 1 out in the 9th, 5-run lead. Why can't Baez and Ray hold this? Man, people talk about the Yankee bullpen blowing it. How can you allow *SIX RUNS* and only get *ONE OUT*? That is what amazes me. Had Ray fielded the throw (whether slightly errant or not), tagged the runner or stepped on 1B, he gets the save, 5-4 game. Instead, the 3B & 2B runners storm home and it's a 6-5 game. *THAT* is totally unacceptable to me.

    So Perlozzo knew Leo Mazzone, and that's why Leo jumped ship from Atlanta? Is this the type of game they'd wanted? I can understand losing, and if they'd lost that 5-4 game by 6-4, so be it. You cannot lose a 5-zip game by 6-5 when there's already an out in the bottom of the 9th, you're up by 5 and there's only a 1B runner. I don't care if King Kong is at bat, you're supposed to get 2 outs somehow, not sponsore a walk-a-thon.

    Perhaps I'm just livid, but that was one ugly game on Baltimore's part.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  17. #7557
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    east MA
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxSon View Post
    I'm the last one to defend Millar on a normal day, but in this instance, he wasn't at fault. The toss was very ready and willing to be caught. It was Chris Ray's fault, IMO.
    Not the first basemens play because Roberts coulda caught it.

  18. #7558
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,329
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    Oh, it was? I'd heard that Ray looked behind him to find 1B when the ball was tossed to him.

    I'm at work, so I couldn't see it. Still ... if Sam Perlozzo is so great, and he's got the best pitching coach who's still active (or so I've heard), why in the world does he remove a starter who's already gone 8.1 innings? What was Guthrie's removal for? You've got a *FIVE RUN LEAD* and you remove your starter who's cruising along? If he gets 3 ERs, he's still won the game. Your starter cannot get another 2 more outs?

    Look, Ortiz is awesome, his offense is more than well-documented. However, I'd still put that starter who'd gotten him & Manny into DPs today, to face him. If he hits a HR, it's still 5-2.

    Guthrie left with 1 out in the 9th, 5-run lead. Why can't Baez and Ray hold this? Man, people talk about the Yankee bullpen blowing it. How can you allow *SIX RUNS* and only get *ONE OUT*? That is what amazes me. Had Ray fielded the throw (whether slightly errant or not), tagged the runner or stepped on 1B, he gets the save, 5-4 game. Instead, the 3B & 2B runners storm home and it's a 6-5 game. *THAT* is totally unacceptable to me.

    So Perlozzo knew Leo Mazzone, and that's why Leo jumped ship from Atlanta? Is this the type of game they'd wanted? I can understand losing, and if they'd lost that 5-4 game by 6-4, so be it. You cannot lose a 5-zip game by 6-5 when there's already an out in the bottom of the 9th, you're up by 5 and there's only a 1B runner. I don't care if King Kong is at bat, you're supposed to get 2 outs somehow, not sponsore a walk-a-thon.

    Perhaps I'm just livid, but that was one ugly game on Baltimore's part.
    Matt, you sound like a dyed-in-the-wool Orioles fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kyle- View Post
    Not the first basemens play because Roberts coulda caught it.
    Regardless of who fielded the ball, Ray could have -- should have -- caught it. It hit his glove!

    Not that I'm complaining.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

  19. #7559
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Posts
    21,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSoxFan View Post
    Matt, you sound like a dyed-in-the-wool Orioles fan.
    I may as well be. After I'd said upthread that a Baltimore clam bake could beat some NE chowda, why not?

    Not then, who's to blame?

    Perlozzo for deciding that his young stud couldn't get two *OUTS* -- not innings, but *OUTS* -- to finish the game? Yes, Ortiz was up, but

    He'd handled Ortiz earlier, so even if he hits a double or dinger, he's still started with a *FIVE-RUN LEAD*. What are the odds of him not getting 2 outs with no more than 4 runs scoring? I'd say they're great.

    After what Boston did the other day in scoring 8 runs in the bottom of the 8th to put the 5-4 game totally out of reach, why, if you're going to change pitchers, would you put anyone other than your closer in? You need two outs. David Ortiz is at the plate. If you're not smart enough to keep in your dominating starter, who the batters are more than happy to see warming the pine, why not your closer?

    Baez and Ray didn't do so well offensively, but I'd have to check the tale of the tape (or play-by-play) for that one.
    Regardless of who fielded the ball, Ray could have -- should have -- caught it. It hit his glove!

    Not that I'm complaining.
    Must've had one of those brain thingies where he has to find the plate before he has the ball. Then again, between himself and Baez, neither one of them could really find the plate much anyway, unless you count the big hits.

    I guess that Baltimore got their own clams baked tonight. I hope that Sam Perlozzo feels that his starter's nerve would've been less rattled by letting someone else finish the game, opposed to seeing an 8+ inning gem shutout tossed aside like last week's trash.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

  20. #7560
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    564
    I hear the flight from Seattle to Chicago will play this. Have a nice flight. Enjoy!



    Better take these along as well. The movie might just get a little too emotional for many.


Page 378 of 538 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •