Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Baseball Player/Best Bodies

Strongest Baseball Player/Best Bodies

Some baseball players are super strong with all muscle bodies. Who do you think have the best muscle bodies. So far I have,

Carl Crawford -- 220 lbs./one of the fastest baseball players
    Gabe Kapler -- Obviosly
    Albert Pujols
    Alex Rodriguz

I am just wondering what you guys think. Thanks :-)

Blog Entries
    Many sources have said that Julio Franco is "ripped" under the uniform, and is one of the strongest ball players today.

Dunn and Hafner look like they could rip a tree out of the ground and use it as a bat.
    "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

C.C. Sabathia
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

No other ball player had the pure power of Mickey Mantle. Not even any of the accused.

"Until I saw (Mickey) Mantle peel down for his shower in the clubhouse at Comiskey Park one afternoon, I never knew how he developed his brutal power, but his bare back looked like a barrel full of snakes." - Dale Lancaster in 1957 Chicago Sun Times

I've read reports that said Bo Jackson even had muscle definition in his toes.

of the natural players i seen play, i'd say pujols or ryan howard. wily mo can hit the ball far too. for roided up players, probably mcgwire in his juiced up prime.

it starts in the legs - sammy sosa.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Utter Chaos View Post
    Some baseball players are super strong with all muscle bodies. Who do you think have the best muscle bodies. So far I have,

Gabe Kapler -- Obviosly
    Albert Pujols
    Alex Rodriguz

Travis Hafner is a pretty big dude.

Jim Rice was one of the strong players during his playing days.
    Last edited by Old Sweater; 08-17-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: removed senseless reply to senseless answer

Thanks guys, keep them all coming

Bo Jackson...

I've heard that he didn't lift weights. He just did push ups and sit ups and anything to do with his body. The only time I know he did lifted weights was when he had his hip replacement. My aunt was his nurse. She used to tell me just how ripped he was.

I've also heard Mantle was just naturally built like Jackson too.

We can go back even further than Mantle... Hack Wilson. My great grandpa told me his upper body was built like a bodybuilder. Oscar Charleston and Josh Gibson were a couple other my GG mentioned too about their build.
    Last edited by The Splendid Splinter; 08-17-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Jason Giambi hasn't been mentioned. I know he used 'roids, but you still have to workout hard to get as big as he is.

Barry Bonds Harmon killebrew are two names.

Gary Sheffield is a pretty ripped dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Utter Chaos View Post

Gabe Kapler -- Obviosly
    Albert Pujols
    Alex Rodriguz

Gabe retired after last season, he now is a manager in the Red Sox Farm System.

David Wright is built pretty well too.
    "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Rickie Weeks is another I've heard... about being ripped anyway.

the guys who are the strongest aren't the guys who are like naturally built and ripped. it's those guys who are like thick and solid. look at the world's strongest man competition, none of those guys are "ripped" (except for Mariusz- he's just a freak in itself), they are all big and thick and solid.

think about larry allen. he would win the bench press competition in football for like 10 years and usually no one came close to him. speaking of football, i can name a buttload of players who are more ripped or stronger than baseball players. Jevon Kearse is one of them. I've heard his body fat now is below 2%. now you know why he gets hurt a lot. your body can't take that. Same thing with david boston a couple years ago. Greg Jones from jaguars is like them. he's a freak of nature too. came in draft day weighin like 250 and just ripped out of his mind. i have a pic of him from florida state and he weighed about 240 at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Splendid Splinter; 08-17-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Jose Canseco... Just kidding.

I always thought Chad Curtis was ripped... Pound for pound I have to go with Andruw Jones or Miguel Cabrera. Those guys look pretty chisled to me.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Cabrera is just plain fat!!! I'd like to see Frank Thomas, don't know what you're gonna get. A beer gut or 6 pack.

161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Blog Entries
    Moved from CE to BI, since it's merely baseball-themed, but not about the game itself.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Bengie Molina!!!

Barry Bonds

Roger Clemens is very strong as well.
    Sandy Koufax was supposely extraordinarily strong as well.
    “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” – Walter Lippmann

"History has proven a thousand times that no man has ever gained from a bargain with The Dark, yet cowards and fools continue to try, and The Dark never turns them away."
    — Myth: The Fallen Lords

BY THE BOW OF HERACLES

boog powell, john kruk, jim thome, carlos delgado, jason giambi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast