Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2282

Thread: Dodger Stadium

Last edited by jnakamura; 12-11-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Do you think they'll move up the LED ribbon board to the second overhang?
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Nah, the support brackets are still there. If anything, they may add a second board. Gots to pay for all these new players somehow!

Isn't it trippy seeing the field level like that? Reminds me of the Shea and Yankee demos.

Also, did you guys notice the outfield wall scoreboards are gone? I'm sure they were removed with the LED ribbon boards just to protect them from all the construction going on. They will probably add the video boards above the pavilions last. Today is my last day of school, I will go down to the Stadium myself on Thursday and try to investigate the matter further.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

I went to a game in LA in August. First took the tour in the day and hit the game at night. 70 degrees, light breeze, great crowd, beautiful park. I thought I was in heaven. I didn't think they needed to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman 26 View Post
    I went to a game in LA in August. First took the tour in the day and hit the game at night. 70 degrees, light breeze, great crowd, beautiful park. I thought I was in heaven. I didn't think they needed to do anything.
    Me too....went on Sandy Koufax bobblehead night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingman 26 View Post
    That might be how you feel, but the ownership needed the renovations in order to compete with the rest of baseball.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

the changes will be subtle, upgrades to the locker rooms video boards possible elimination of pavillions so people can enjoy the same amenities in the outfield
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by THINK BLUE View Post
    possible elimination of pavillions
    Come again?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

kasten wants to eliminate the benches and make them seats to connect with the rest of the seating bowl

Blog Entries
    kasten wants to eliminate the benches and make them seats to connect with the rest of the seating bowl
    I like this. I've never been a fan of benches. And since you said that the outfield seating will be connected to the grandstand, it'll be interesting to see how the bullpens will be re-designed. Will they finish all of this 100% by Opening Day or will it be like the Kauffman renovations (year-by-year processs)?

I don't think the pavilions will be renovated or changed at all this year.

Things that will be changed for sure this off season:

- All 4 outfield scoreboards replaced
    - New clubhouses and visitors batting cage
    - New bars and "hang out spots"
    - Free WiFi throughout the entire stadium
    - "Upgrades" to the baseline box seats

Complete details and renderings are said to be released to the public next month.

Hoping the new scoreboards look something like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Walt Whitman

I love the short fences by the foul poles. Wish the Mets put that into Citifield

sure, can charge more that way
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

plus most of the troublemakers stay in the pavillion area

Blog Entries
    http://www.truebluela.com/2012/12/12...oards-wireless

The Dodgers clubhouse, considered the third smallest clubhouse in baseball behind only Wrigley Field and Fenway Park, will be expanded to more than double its current size, while the visitors clubhouse on the third base side will be expanded by roughly half. The visitors side will also get its own workout room and batting cage, eliminating the need for opposing players to walk through the Dodgers' side to use the one workout room and batting case on the third base side of the stadium.
    So are they flip-flopping the dugouts? Home dugout is now on the 1st base side?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    http://www.truebluela.com/2012/12/12...oards-wireless

So are they flip-flopping the dugouts? Home dugout is now on the 1st base side?
    I doubt it. Probably a typo. Either that or both clubhouses were/are on the 3B side.
    - Walt Whitman

^ How could a clubhouse be on the opposite side of the field from its associated dugout?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Nah, there is/was one batting cage for both teams, and it was on the Dodgers side.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    ^ How could a clubhouse be on the opposite side of the field from its associated dugout?
    several pre-cookie cutter parks had both clubhouses on the same side
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Candlestick had both clubhouses on the first base side. The third base side was built on fill.

Wouldn't that be a bit of a problem for the team that has to walk clear across the stadium in order to get to their clubhouse?

Blog Entries
    That explains why the home dugout is on the 3B side at Dodger Stadium. Normally, you'd want your dugout to be on the 1B side because it's a shorter walk for a batter back to the bench after he makes an out. Not 100% sure about this, but I think majority of the MLB ballparks have their home dugout on the 1B side.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    That explains why the home dugout is on the 3B side at Dodger Stadium. Normally, you'd want your dugout to be on the 1B side because it's a shorter walk for a batter back to the bench after he makes an out. Not 100% sure about this, but I think majority of the MLB ballparks have their home dugout on the 1B side.
    A majority, but only by a little.

info-dugouts.png
    http://www.flipflopflyin.com/flipflo...o-dugouts.html
    - Walt Whitman

I remember when I was in college Florida state for years had been 3rd base and the cheering section there purposely faced it, but then when they renovated they realized they had more room on the 1st base side to expand the clubhouse so they switched sides.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Wouldn't that be a bit of a problem for the team that has to walk clear across the stadium in order to get to their clubhouse?
    no, they were big boys.
    they could take it, even when they lost the series...
    Last edited by Paul W; 12-15-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast