Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2358

Thread: Dodger Stadium

Phillies did the same thing. When they jumped stadiums; the organist was platooned to the concourse.

Yes, the concourse.

Then he retired and sadly passed away a year later.

Once a staple of Phillies games, Richardson's organ music was heard much less frequently from the mid-1990s on, as pre-recorded ("canned") music became more prevalent. When the team moved into Citizens Bank Park in 2004, Richardson was not given a booth, and was seen only before games on the Ashburn Alley outfield concourse. A recording of his version of Take Me Out to the Ballgame was used for the seventh-inning stretch. This diminished role combined with health problems and no longer having a place where he could see the game were factors in Richardson announcing his retirement prior to the 2006 season.

On October 2, 2006, Richardson died after a long battle with prostate cancer [1]. The Phillies paid tribute to him prior to their 2007 home opener and also during the seventh-inning stretch of that game.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday to Hank Aaron.

Braves-HankAaron(LSO)(180).jpg

Blog Entries
    In twenty-sixteen, how important is organ music at a ballpark?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    In twenty-sixteen, how important is organ music at a ballpark?
    You bring up a good question. But as I've said in other posts, it's about the game day experience. If I wanted to hear loud music between innings, I would buy tickets to a rock concert...which I have..AC/DC at Dodger Stadium...which was AWESOME but different post for a different topic. Maybe I'm more of a purest despite being semi young/old. Depends which side of the scale you look at. I'm 36 and I have grown up with organ music at Dodger Stadium and Anaheim Stadium before the Big A switched over to canned organ music (charge...that's it) and today's Hip Hop Hits. It's a different feeling to hear that music. It's inviting and calming compared to Welcome to the Jungle or some rap song you can't understand the lyrics to. Even though the game is slow to evolve compared to other sports, this is one thing that I wish wouldn't evolve. It's pretty much a 75 year tradition that I think should stay to keep the game of baseball unique when it comes to the fan experience.

I don't go to many games anymore - so I don't care if it's an organ or on an 80's old school boombox.

I think organs and sporting venues offered a unique setting. Where else would you listen to a live organ? Super short clips of music we hear everywhere daily is forgettable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    I don't go to many games anymore - so I don't care if it's an organ or on an 80's old school boombox.

I think organs and sporting venues offered a unique setting. Where else would you listen to a live organ? Super short clips of music we hear everywhere daily is forgettable.
    Maybe church, but nobody attends church anymore and municipalities are struggling to find tax revenue.

I go to church, so don't say nobody.

My church has an organ. Nobody uses it though.

And since my kids play ice hockey, my Sunday mornings are spent at the church of Saint Hockey.

The big problem with Dodger Stadium is the traffic getting to and from the games. If you have to work there in some capacity and thus must be there for every pitch of every home game, then it basically takes up an extra 2 to 3 hours of your night. I take the road downhill to Sunset from behind home plate to turn right on Sunset to head toward Santa Monica, and because night games start at a few minutes past 7, and when working, I have to be there at 5:30, from SM it can take an hour to get there even going against the flow of the heavy traffic.

It is better after night games, because I don't get out of there until 11-11:30 when I work a game there. Still, the traffic on Sunset is not great, and it is a little seedy if you know what I mean.

wes_kahn,

What do you do at ballpark?

I was an usher for the Indians and Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by wes_kahn View Post
    The big problem with Dodger Stadium is the traffic getting to and from the games. If you have to work there in some capacity and thus must be there for every pitch of every home game, then it basically takes up an extra 2 to 3 hours of your night. I take the road downhill to Sunset from behind home plate to turn right on Sunset to head toward Santa Monica, and because night games start at a few minutes past 7, and when working, I have to be there at 5:30, from SM it can take an hour to get there even going against the flow of the heavy traffic.

It is better after night games, because I don't get out of there until 11-11:30 when I work a game there. Still, the traffic on Sunset is not great, and it is a little seedy if you know what I mean.
    Yeah especially when it is sold out 50,000 (opening day & Playoffs), It is no fun after losing a close playoff game to sit in your car for 2 hours before even getting on the freeway
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

Blog Entries
    Dodger Stadium pricing.

CbWfDFeWIAAaHJU.jpg

Blog Entries
    New dugout-to-dugout netting.

CbmpopcVIAA6wZ1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wes_kahn View Post

I don't know what you are talking about!!!!! Dodger Stadium is BY FAR the easiest place to get out of!!!!! (Tongue and Cheek) I don't know what it is...but you can't get out of that place even if you think you know a short cut. It's a big Cluster fudge!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JT7 View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about!!!!! Dodger Stadium is BY FAR the easiest place to get out of!!!!! (Tongue and Cheek) I don't know what it is...but you can't get out of that place even if you think you know a short cut. It's a big Cluster fudge!!!
    So is it like every park where you park at the stadium or is it harder because of only one exit as opposed to other parking lots with more than one exit?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    So is it like every park where you park at the stadium or is it harder because of only one exit as opposed to other parking lots with more than one exit?
    The set up for Dodger Stadium is unique. The parking lots are terraced first of all so if you park at the top, you have to make your way down. But the main General Admission Parking lot is a little rough to get out of. While you may have entered one way, they kinda force you out another way. That takes a while. They have Four entrances/exits and I'm not exactly sure that's the same amount open at the end of the night. Coupled with the fact that Dodger Stadium sits in a residential area, some streets are closed to stadium traffic (makes sense though) so any little short cuts are restrictive. However, it's like any other sports facility I suppose. If you leave early, you can get out with almost no problems. In Anahiem, APD directs traffic out of the stadium which clears the lot pretty quick and if you frequent that stadium, you will find short cuts out since that parking lot is shared with the onsite business park. Honda Center, again directed by APD, clears out semi quick. Depends where you park. Petco is fairly descent I believe SDPD controls that traffic. LAPD doesn't direct traffic out that I've seen...even when exiting on to Sunset, it's controlled by signals.

Maybe if only 6,000 people showed up for games like for my Tribe,
    it would be easier to exit the lot after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    New dugout-to-dugout netting.

CbmpopcVIAA6wZ1.jpg
    This is going to become the new standard.

Quote Originally Posted by JT7 View Post
    The set up for Dodger Stadium is unique. The parking lots are terraced first of all so if you park at the top, you have to make your way down. But the main General Admission Parking lot is a little rough to get out of. While you may have entered one way, they kinda force you out another way. That takes a while. They have Four entrances/exits and I'm not exactly sure that's the same amount open at the end of the night. Coupled with the fact that Dodger Stadium sits in a residential area, some streets are closed to stadium traffic (makes sense though) so any little short cuts are restrictive. However, it's like any other sports facility I suppose. If you leave early, you can get out with almost no problems. In Anahiem, APD directs traffic out of the stadium which clears the lot pretty quick and if you frequent that stadium, you will find short cuts out since that parking lot is shared with the onsite business park. Honda Center, again directed by APD, clears out semi quick. Depends where you park. Petco is fairly descent I believe SDPD controls that traffic. LAPD doesn't direct traffic out that I've seen...even when exiting on to Sunset, it's controlled by signals.
    Secret to quickly getting in and out of Dodger Stadium parking lot. Either take metro to or park at Union Station and take Dodger Stadium Express. Has it's own dedicated lanes. Get in and out in 20 minutes tops. Plus much cheaper parking. After taking it the first time, I'm never parking in the lot again.

Blog Entries
    The parking lot sounds like a pain, but the walk down to your car sounds worse
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cdreed View Post
    Secret to quickly getting in and out of Dodger Stadium parking lot. Either take metro to or park at Union Station and take Dodger Stadium Express. Has it's own dedicated lanes. Get in and out in 20 minutes tops. Plus much cheaper parking. After taking it the first time, I'm never parking in the lot again.
    I agree with that....I'm glad that option is there. It's funny though because I've seen how they pack those buses though....but it's a good option.
    Last edited by JT7; 02-23-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdreed View Post
    How's the security at Union Station towards 10 and 11 at night?
    Last edited by JT7; 02-23-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    The parking lot sounds like a pain, but the walk down to your car sounds worse
    It is a pain...however walking to the car is good exercise. Especially walking from the top of the stadium to the bottom lots!

Blog Entries
    Dodger Stadium Baseball Classic was this weekend.

Cc1Oop1UcAAFSdh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    This is going to become the new standard.
    Especially now that owners realize that they can get more rows of Premium seats in place. I think that the extended netting is a good safety feature. Now if only there were technology that obscures the fans in those seats, so that TV viewers can't see them waving or looking down at their cell phones the entire game.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast