Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 2,301 to 2,312 of 2312

Thread: Dodger Stadium

It's a different world, a different reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Who is "we"? A lack of water is pretty bad. The drought in California is serious and it's reality.
    Sorry I saw a good number of us. Water can be handled with a variety of options, cancer causing fake grass can be easily avoided.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Sorry I saw a good number of us. Water can be handled with a variety of options, cancer causing fake grass can be easily avoided.
    AstroTurf® at California ballparks is preferable than asking families to shower once or twice a week.

God forbid those damn golf courses go dry, huh. Yeah many of them use grey water but many don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    AstroTurf® at California ballparks is preferable than asking families to shower once or twice a week.
    That's a suggested plan, it's not actually going to happen. In Tampa we get told sometimes that we can only water the grass on certain days of the week and life goes on. You just have to know where to cut back on water. I'm sure fake grass seems great for saving small amounts of water, but killing people in the process doesn't seem like a fair trade off.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Where did all this killing people stuff come from? There's Field Turf all over the NFL, and in Tropicana Field, SkyDome, etc. I'm sure if there were carcinogens in the grass we'd have heard about it.

Blog Entries

I know that there is a very serious drought in California and I know that water is used to water the grass of ballparks in California and I know that this is a forum dedicated to ballparks including those in California where precious California is being used to water grass, but...

Get a grip.

The playing surface of Dodger Stadium is so tiny and the water used to grow the grass so insignificant in the scope of the problem that discussing a costly conversion of a drop of grass in an ocean of concrete to artificial turf is absurd.

On the other hand, the California agriculture industry uses 80% of the state's water and has been pretty much untouched by the governor's restriction.

So... keep the grass, skip the Dodger Dogs, save the state.

image1.jpg
    Sunset at Blue Heaven
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

image2.JPG
    Lost my voice heckling Rodney (all in good taste and fun)
    Last edited by THINK BLUE; 04-14-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

The Dodgers to erect a Jackie Robinson statue at Dodger Stadium, the first ever.

STL@LAD: Big Mac's Dodger Stadium moonshot
    5/22/99: Cardinals slugger Mark McGwire's second homer of the game leaves Dodger Stadium

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293