Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2369

Thread: Dodger Stadium

  1. #2341
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    So is it like every park where you park at the stadium or is it harder because of only one exit as opposed to other parking lots with more than one exit?
    The set up for Dodger Stadium is unique. The parking lots are terraced first of all so if you park at the top, you have to make your way down. But the main General Admission Parking lot is a little rough to get out of. While you may have entered one way, they kinda force you out another way. That takes a while. They have Four entrances/exits and I'm not exactly sure that's the same amount open at the end of the night. Coupled with the fact that Dodger Stadium sits in a residential area, some streets are closed to stadium traffic (makes sense though) so any little short cuts are restrictive. However, it's like any other sports facility I suppose. If you leave early, you can get out with almost no problems. In Anahiem, APD directs traffic out of the stadium which clears the lot pretty quick and if you frequent that stadium, you will find short cuts out since that parking lot is shared with the onsite business park. Honda Center, again directed by APD, clears out semi quick. Depends where you park. Petco is fairly descent I believe SDPD controls that traffic. LAPD doesn't direct traffic out that I've seen...even when exiting on to Sunset, it's controlled by signals.

  2. #2342
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Posts
    1,225
    Maybe if only 6,000 people showed up for games like for my Tribe,
    it would be easier to exit the lot after the game.

  3. #2343
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Westville, NJ
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    New dugout-to-dugout netting.

    Attachment 153457
    This is going to become the new standard.

  4. #2344
    Quote Originally Posted by JT7 View Post
    The set up for Dodger Stadium is unique. The parking lots are terraced first of all so if you park at the top, you have to make your way down. But the main General Admission Parking lot is a little rough to get out of. While you may have entered one way, they kinda force you out another way. That takes a while. They have Four entrances/exits and I'm not exactly sure that's the same amount open at the end of the night. Coupled with the fact that Dodger Stadium sits in a residential area, some streets are closed to stadium traffic (makes sense though) so any little short cuts are restrictive. However, it's like any other sports facility I suppose. If you leave early, you can get out with almost no problems. In Anahiem, APD directs traffic out of the stadium which clears the lot pretty quick and if you frequent that stadium, you will find short cuts out since that parking lot is shared with the onsite business park. Honda Center, again directed by APD, clears out semi quick. Depends where you park. Petco is fairly descent I believe SDPD controls that traffic. LAPD doesn't direct traffic out that I've seen...even when exiting on to Sunset, it's controlled by signals.
    Secret to quickly getting in and out of Dodger Stadium parking lot. Either take metro to or park at Union Station and take Dodger Stadium Express. Has it's own dedicated lanes. Get in and out in 20 minutes tops. Plus much cheaper parking. After taking it the first time, I'm never parking in the lot again.

  5. #2345
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,718
    Blog Entries
    1
    The parking lot sounds like a pain, but the walk down to your car sounds worse
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

  6. #2346
    Quote Originally Posted by cdreed View Post
    Secret to quickly getting in and out of Dodger Stadium parking lot. Either take metro to or park at Union Station and take Dodger Stadium Express. Has it's own dedicated lanes. Get in and out in 20 minutes tops. Plus much cheaper parking. After taking it the first time, I'm never parking in the lot again.
    I agree with that....I'm glad that option is there. It's funny though because I've seen how they pack those buses though....but it's a good option.
    Last edited by JT7; 02-23-2016 at 07:47 AM.

  7. #2347
    Quote Originally Posted by cdreed View Post
    Secret to quickly getting in and out of Dodger Stadium parking lot. Either take metro to or park at Union Station and take Dodger Stadium Express. Has it's own dedicated lanes. Get in and out in 20 minutes tops. Plus much cheaper parking. After taking it the first time, I'm never parking in the lot again.
    How's the security at Union Station towards 10 and 11 at night?
    Last edited by JT7; 02-23-2016 at 07:47 AM.

  8. #2348
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    The parking lot sounds like a pain, but the walk down to your car sounds worse
    It is a pain...however walking to the car is good exercise. Especially walking from the top of the stadium to the bottom lots!

  9. #2349
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,444
    Blog Entries
    2
    Dodger Stadium Baseball Classic was this weekend.

    Cc1Oop1UcAAFSdh.jpg

  10. #2350
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mount Sinai,Long Island,NY
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    This is going to become the new standard.
    Especially now that owners realize that they can get more rows of Premium seats in place. I think that the extended netting is a good safety feature. Now if only there were technology that obscures the fans in those seats, so that TV viewers can't see them waving or looking down at their cell phones the entire game.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

  11. #2351
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Section 538, Row 1
    Posts
    7,780
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    Now if only there were technology that obscures the fans in those seats, so that TV viewers can't see them waving or looking down at their cell phones the entire game.
    Back when I was New York's Best Ballpark Photographer In Training, they used to have base ball grounds where the seats behind home plate were raised and you could not see them when games were broadcasting on the television set.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

  12. #2352
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Back when I was New York's Best Ballpark Photographer In Training, they used to have base ball grounds where the seats behind home plate were raised and you could not see them when games were broadcasting on the television set.
    I wonder if fans sitting behind the plate poses any threats to pitchers on comebackers.
    27/40

  13. #2353
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mount Sinai,Long Island,NY
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I wonder if fans sitting behind the plate poses any threats to pitchers on comebackers.
    Probably not. The pitcher is focused on the play and doesn't even notice the fans. Unfortunately the TV viewer notices them and sometimes its annoying.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

  14. #2354
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Westville, NJ
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    Especially now that owners realize that they can get more rows of Premium seats in place. I think that the extended netting is a good safety feature. Now if only there were technology that obscures the fans in those seats, so that TV viewers can't see them waving or looking down at their cell phones the entire game.
    There is.

    I watch NHL games and there are ads on the glass. Use that same technology and just make the fans blurry.

    Although as a tv viewer, I like the people there.

  15. #2355
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    There is.

    I watch NHL games and there are ads on the glass. Use that same technology and just make the fans blurry.

    Although as a tv viewer, I like the people there.
    The Yankees probably need to CGI fans into the seats behind HP in Fake Yankee Stadium.
    27/40

  16. #2356
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,444
    Blog Entries
    2
    One of the reasons Paige VanZant isn't in Thug Rose or Tiny Tornado's class.

    CgNH1IUUIAEmdde.jpg

  17. #2357
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mount Sinai,Long Island,NY
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    One of the reasons Paige VanZant isn't in Thug Rose or Tiny Tornado's class.

    CgNH1IUUIAEmdde.jpg
    Don't know any of those people. Do they have real grass or fake?
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

  18. #2358
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,444
    Blog Entries
    2

  19. #2359
    1984 Olympics at Dodger Stadium. Baseball was a demonstration sport.

    Some familiar names on a USA team of what were college players including Mark MCGwire, Will Clark, B.J. Surhoff..

    https://youtu.be/B6_R3VdG9-o

  20. #2360
    [IMAG0044.jpgATTACH]157502[/ATTACH]

    The Hank Aaron plaque that used to adorn the front row of the LFP has been taken out of storage and is now displayed in the Top Deck concourse.

    More to come.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •