Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 2,351 to 2,364 of 2364

Thread: Dodger Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    Now if only there were technology that obscures the fans in those seats, so that TV viewers can't see them waving or looking down at their cell phones the entire game.
    Back when I was New York's Best Ballpark Photographer In Training, they used to have base ball grounds where the seats behind home plate were raised and you could not see them when games were broadcasting on the television set.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Back when I was New York's Best Ballpark Photographer In Training, they used to have base ball grounds where the seats behind home plate were raised and you could not see them when games were broadcasting on the television set.
    I wonder if fans sitting behind the plate poses any threats to pitchers on comebackers.
    27/40

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I wonder if fans sitting behind the plate poses any threats to pitchers on comebackers.
    Probably not. The pitcher is focused on the play and doesn't even notice the fans. Unfortunately the TV viewer notices them and sometimes its annoying.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    Especially now that owners realize that they can get more rows of Premium seats in place. I think that the extended netting is a good safety feature. Now if only there were technology that obscures the fans in those seats, so that TV viewers can't see them waving or looking down at their cell phones the entire game.
    There is.

I watch NHL games and there are ads on the glass. Use that same technology and just make the fans blurry.

Although as a tv viewer, I like the people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    There is.

I watch NHL games and there are ads on the glass. Use that same technology and just make the fans blurry.

Although as a tv viewer, I like the people there.
    The Yankees probably need to CGI fans into the seats behind HP in Fake Yankee Stadium.
    27/40

Blog Entries
    One of the reasons Paige VanZant isn't in Thug Rose or Tiny Tornado's class.

CgNH1IUUIAEmdde.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    One of the reasons Paige VanZant isn't in Thug Rose or Tiny Tornado's class.

CgNH1IUUIAEmdde.jpg
    Don't know any of those people. Do they have real grass or fake?
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Blog Entries

1984 Olympics at Dodger Stadium. Baseball was a demonstration sport.

Some familiar names on a USA team of what were college players including Mark MCGwire, Will Clark, B.J. Surhoff..

https://youtu.be/B6_R3VdG9-o

[IMAG0044.jpgATTACH]157502[/ATTACH]

The Hank Aaron plaque that used to adorn the front row of the LFP has been taken out of storage and is now displayed in the Top Deck concourse.

More to come.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Saw some band play here in August.

IMAG1686.jpg
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    Saw some band play here in August.

IMAG1686.jpg
    Old Timers Day at Dodger Stadium, I see.

Dodgers raise the price on every season ticket (and parking too)

From the Los Angeles Times' website...

By Bill Shaikin

NOVEMBER 16, 2016, 6:10 PM

The Dodgers raised the price on every season ticket Thursday, stunning some fans hit with double-digit increases for a second consecutive year.

The Dodgers also increased parking prices for season-ticket holders by as much as 27%.

In each of the four full seasons under the ownership of Guggenheim Baseball Management, the Dodgers have won the National League West and led the major leagues in tickets sold. The Dodgers have capped season sales at 35,000 tickets and expect to hit that level again next year, said David Siegel, vice president of ticket sales.

The Dodgers also have led the majors in payroll the last three seasons, although they are expected to cut that number for a second consecutive year. Ticket prices are a function of supply and demand, not player salaries.

Siegel would not discuss the range of price hikes nor say whether the team had cost increases this year that would justify a sharp increase in ticket prices next year. However, in addition to record payrolls, he noted that ownership has invested more than $200 million into stadium upgrades, including a new sound system, scoreboards and wi-fi.

We believe in the value of the game and the in-game experience, Siegel said. Thats what were going to rest on.

The Dodgers raised the price of the cheapest season seat on the reserved level, by the foul poles to $11 per game, an increase of 120% over two years.

Heidi Chambers, 33, the vice president of an Internet marketing company, said the price of her seats in the front row of the left-field pavilion has increased 74% in two years.

Its not like where I sit has increased in any way, she said. I sit on a wooden plank in the outfield.

Chambers is one of many fans hit by a double whammy: a price increase in general, and the fragmenting of sections in her case, the price of a front-row seat has jumped more steeply than the price of a seat in the row behind her.

To see the entire article, click here.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    From the Los Angeles Times' website...

By Bill Shaikin

NOVEMBER 16, 2016, 6:10 PM

The Dodgers raised the price on every season ticket Thursday, stunning some fans hit with double-digit increases for a second consecutive year.

The Dodgers also increased parking prices for season-ticket holders by as much as 27%.

In each of the four full seasons under the ownership of Guggenheim Baseball Management, the Dodgers have won the National League West and led the major leagues in tickets sold. The Dodgers have capped season sales at 35,000 tickets and expect to hit that level again next year, said David Siegel, vice president of ticket sales.

The Dodgers also have led the majors in payroll the last three seasons, although they are expected to cut that number for a second consecutive year. Ticket prices are a function of supply and demand, not player salaries.

Siegel would not discuss the range of price hikes nor say whether the team had cost increases this year that would justify a sharp increase in ticket prices next year. However, in addition to record payrolls, he noted that ownership has invested more than $200 million into stadium upgrades, including a new sound system, scoreboards and wi-fi.

“We believe in the value of the game and the in-game experience,” Siegel said. “That’s what we’re going to rest on.”

The Dodgers raised the price of the cheapest season seat — on the reserved level, by the foul poles — to $11 per game, an increase of 120% over two years.

Heidi Chambers, 33, the vice president of an Internet marketing company, said the price of her seats in the front row of the left-field pavilion has increased 74% in two years.

“It’s not like where I sit has increased in any way,” she said. “I sit on a wooden plank in the outfield.”

Chambers is one of many fans hit by a double whammy: a price increase in general, and the fragmenting of sections — in her case, the price of a front-row seat has jumped more steeply than the price of a seat in the row behind her.

To see the entire article, click here.
    Just wait until they see what Stan Kroenke is going to charge for PSLs for Rams season tickets in a few years....

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495