Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodger Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by JMC Bomber View Post
    No he doesn't do it Harry Caray style actually taking the mic. He meant like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anniemack/198641464/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/malingering/160822768/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glennbirk/2525438307/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dchai/1486896249/

He always stands up and sings with the crowd and then applauds them. They never show him on camera, at his request, but for anyone watching him in the box it's a nice treat.
    Awesome! Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

young Vinnie always looks happy.
    Tommy singing

Sorry the pictures were so big.
    Last edited by compaq; 08-11-2008 at 06:52 PM.

I have the MLB Extra Innings package and I have been watching a lot of Dodger games. IMHO there is no better announcer in the game today than Vince Scully. More impressive is he does the games alone. He is such a pleasure listen to for 9 innings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TJH1923; 08-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Halfway between the Dodgers and the Angels
    Quote Originally Posted by TJH1923 View Post
    I have the MLB Extra Innings package and I have been watching a lot of Dodger games. IMHO there is no better announcer in the game today than Vince Scully. More impressive is he does the games alone. He is such a pleasure listen to for 9 innings.
    There is or was no better announcer, any sport, any period.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Wally View Post
    There is or was no better announcer, any sport, any period.
    For decades LA had the trifecta of Scully, Chick Hearn (basketball) and Bob Miller (hockey). As a fan of all 3 sports and a resident of the LA Area for many years, I can attest that to a sports fan it was truly something to have the top 3 announcers of all time in one market.

Prime Ticket (nee Fox Sports West) had a 1-hour special not too long ago that was taped in 2000 with all 3 in a roundtable format. What a treat.

Tommy's mike appear to be in imminent danger. Scully alone doing Dodgers game is far superior to Scully doing a national game on NBC, interestingly enough.

Halfway between the Dodgers and the Angels
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    For decades LA had the trifecta of Scully, Chick Hearn (basketball) and Bob Miller (hockey). As a fan of all 3 sports and a resident of the LA Area for many years, I can attest that to a sports fan it was truly something to have the top 3 announcers of all time in one market.

Prime Ticket (nee Fox Sports West) had a 1-hour special not too long ago that was taped in 2000 with all 3 in a roundtable format. What a treat.
    I remember the TV news showing people leaving after Hearn's funeral, and sure enough, Scully exits the building. I broke out in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post

Bob Miller is awesome. If it wasn't for him (and Anze Kopitar) I wouldn't watch many Kings games.

Vin at the Coliseum for the Dodgers/Red Sox game.

I do love the palm trees. It is my hope that the new Marlins park does something similar.

Pics from last year

Cool wideshot from Elysian Park.

And a nice view of downtown from behind the ballpark.

Was lucky to be able to see a game at DS back in the mid 90's. Love the fact that they restored the seat colors, and I wish my Mets had seen fit to save Shea and retro fit her as well.

But DS was, and is gorgeous. It is nearly perfect.

The Mets are out, so its time to root for our Old Uncles, the Dodgers.

Two shots from the Peace Through Understanding - the world's fair community site:
    Last edited by Swoboda4; 10-09-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Does anybody know of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David was at the Dodger game with a prostitute? What section of Dodger Stadium were they sitting in?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by curb my enthusiasm View Post
    Does anybody know of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David was at the Dodger game with a prostitute? What section of Dodger Stadium were they sitting in?
    That was one of the funniest episodes. He wanted her to ride with him so he could drive in the carpool lane. From what I remember they were sitting on the third base club level. There were just a few rows in this level. Then Larry David went down to the Field Level to confront his friend (played by Super Dave Osborne- sorry couldn't remember his real name) because he thought it was ridiculous that his friend would not offer the ticket to him and instead keep his second seat empty in honor of his late father. To top it off the guys who were the big wigs at the new country club that Larry was applying for membership saw him sitting with the prostitute from nearby seats. I don't think he got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Astros View Post
    That was one of the funniest episodes. He wanted her to ride with him so he could drive in the carpool lane. From what I remember they were sitting on the third base club level. There were just a few rows in this level. Then Larry David went down to the Field Level to confront his friend (played by Super Dave Osborne- sorry couldn't remember his real name) because he thought it was ridiculous that his friend would not offer the ticket to him and instead keep his second seat empty in honor of his late father. To top it off the guys who were the big wigs at the new country club that Larry was applying for membership saw him sitting with the prostitute from nearby seats. I don't think he got in.
    I think that's also the same episode where Larry wanted to buy an ounce of shwag for his father who was having trouble seeing. The guy who sold him the shwag was that big guy from LOST.

It's also the episode where Larry was being interviewed by the prosecutor for jury duty, and it resulted in one of the funniest lines ever in the history of the show:

Prosecutor: "Have you ever been the victim of a serious crime?"
    Larry: "My cousin once stole an almond joy from me. It was upsetting at the time, but...ummm..."

Larry's friend, who wouldn't give up his late father's seat, is named Marty Funkhouser. He is portrayed by actor Bob Einstein.

GREAT episode.

Dodger Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by curb my enthusiasm View Post
    I think that's also the same episode where Larry wanted to buy an ounce of shwag for his father who was having trouble seeing. The guy who sold him the shwag was that big guy from LOST.

It's also the episode where Larry was being interviewed by the prosecutor for jury duty, and it resulted in one of the funniest lines ever in the history of the show:

Prosecutor: "Have you ever been the victim of a serious crime?"
    Larry: "My cousin once stole an almond joy from me. It was upsetting at the time, but...ummm..."

Larry's friend, who wouldn't give up his late father's seat, is named Marty Funkhouser. He is portrayed by actor Bob Einstein.

GREAT episode.
    I hope, I want and I need to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers the Philadelphia Phillies on TV for to win all 3 games at Dodger Stadium and I can't afford Dodgers' playoff tickets. And I hope,I want and I need for the Los Angeles Dodgers to win game at Citizen Bank Park in Philadelphia,PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    I hope, I want and I need to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers the Philadelphia Phillies on TV for to win all 3 games at Dodger Stadium and I can't afford Dodgers' playoff tickets. And I hope,I want and I need for the Los Angeles Dodgers to win game at Citizen Bank Park in Philadelphia,PA.
    What in the heck are you talking about?

Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast